Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kman101

I'm surprised they havent revealed the plans for another country, like Brazil...

To be fair they announce things way too early. Some of the stuff not coming until 2020/2021 they could have held off talking about until 2019 if they really wanted to, while they are quietly well into construction. But I get the whole 'marketing' thing.

But even then I still think things are announced about a year too soon than they are (and in some cases even more too soon, like Pandora). But again, marketing, all that stuff, and they feel like they have to have park announcements at D23.

Bocabear

And then Galaxy's Edge will squander hundreds of millions to increase DHS's ride roster a further 33% and DL's ride roster by like 7%. What a terrible return.
In terms of numbers, it will help the park, but what a lackluster solution....when you think they could have built a fully realized and fleshed out Toontown complete with a new generation CarToon Spin, then add a Spinner and a nicely themed coaster...It could have been charminginstead of fiberglass toys in the backyard...

Rodan75

They're not spending that. It is an all stock deal.

Understood but it will still have an impact on spending. It looks like Dis is planning to increase stock buybacks leading up to the deal closing up to $10B in 2018. Plus when you consider the incremental spending on the streaming services and a lack of monetization for most of the streaming service content (at least initially) that puts a big strain on Capital.

No one is going broke and I think it is short sighted to move any money away from P&R, but I can see where the rest of this Fiscal year and next may feel some pressure.

EricsBiscuit

Understood but it will still have an impact on spending. It looks like Dis is planning to increase stock buybacks leading up to the deal closing up to $10B in 2018. Plus when you consider the incremental spending on the streaming services and a lack of monetization for most of the streaming service content (at least initially) that puts a big strain on Capital.

No one is going broke and I think it is short sighted to move any money away from P&R, but I can see where the rest of this Fiscal year and next may feel some pressure.
There is no shortage of money at TWDC. They do all that buyback crap and stuff that's extra to avoid being taxed on it.

MaximumEd

I’d like to see what WDI could do using the Shanghai Pirates boat tech at Epcot for a redone JII. Keep the pyramid buildings, but gut the inside and put a boat ride where the track was. Use a combo of screens and physical sets and AA’s. Heck, bring back the rotating carousel for the Flight to Imagination scene, but have the boats sync up to it instead of cars on a track.

Haymarket2008

I’d like to see what WDI could do using the Shanghai Pirates boat tech at Epcot for a redone JII. Keep the pyramid buildings, but gut the inside and put a boat ride where the track was. Use a combo of screens and physical sets and AA’s. Heck, bring back the rotating carousel for the Flight to Imagination scene, but have the boats sync up to it instead of cars on a track.

I'm not sure a boat ride is the best story telling medium for Figment.

smile

No, Indy realizes that the Lost City of Gold is in Africa and he comes across Wakanda where T'Chaka is The Black Panther. Hijinks ensue...

oh, those two

hands-on-hips.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To summarize:

The DAK Proposal:​
  • Dinoland becomes Central/South America
    • Dinosaur becomes Indy
    • Dinorama becomes a wooden coaster
    • Restaurantosaurus becomes adventurer-themed with a bar
    • Nemo Theater become a boat ride (Shanghai pirates tech) with an IP not attractionified in the parks yet
The DHS Proposal:​
  • Indy boat ride (Shanghai pirates tech) with a related store, restaurant and bar

So, DAK and DHS are fighting over the Shanghai Pirates tech. Are they also fighting over Indy? May not be if it's OK for Indy to be in more than one park, like some other IPs.

That leaves the battle for the other tech. Which would mean Epcot wants it and also either DHS or DAK. Unknown at this time what that is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom