Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Chemnitz

All four parks needs an awful lot of additions after years of mymagic failing to do what was promised. And doing the bare minimum for a large period of time before that.

MK to increase capacity, the other three to increase appeal.

Suitable additions of course.
Can you remind me what mymagic was supposed to do?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can you remind me what mymagic was supposed to do?
The part I referred to was designed to forcefully distribute park guests to all available attractions, thus spreading out crowds and negating the need for new attractions to be built.

Much like Fastpass was sold as a way to have guests spend less time in queues and more time in stores, MM was meant to have all guests use all available attractions, virtually raising park capacity and thus meaning capacity wouldn’t have to be physically increased.

Looked good on a spreadsheet and a PowerPoint.

tirian

The part I referred to was designed to forcefully distribute park guests to all available attractions, thus spreading out crowds and negating the need for new attractions to be built.

Much like Fastpass was sold as a way to have guests spend less time in queues and more time in stores, MM was meant to have all guests use all available attractions, virtually raising park capacity and thus meaning capacity wouldn’t have to be physically increased.

Funny how that era is infamous for spreadsheet decisions that ignored Ops and park management feedback. (I’m referring to the managers who are actually there daily.)

Now many of the FP+ decision-makers are gone, and Disney is spending billions more to fix the problems that were ignored a decade ago. Meanwhile, all that tech is going to have to be updated in a few years. The bands did not increase Guest spending as promised, the crowds weren’t readjusted to avoid new investments, and the tech is a bottomless pit.

But if you know how to work the FP+ System, you can come out ahead without needing to spend more time shopping. This is the gift that keeps on giving! :)

Chemnitz

Oh yes, now I remember many of you predicting failure. Thanks.

dennis-in-ct

But if you know how to work the FP+ System, you can come out ahead without needing to spend more time shopping. This is the gift that keeps on giving! :)

Please share :)
I recently stayed on property and the second I was able to book a fastpass, NONE were available for Flight Of Passage.

And if you know how I can get a dining ressie on the fly without committing to eating, for example, Chinese food three months from now on Wednesday, I would like to know.

The aggressive overplanning is sucking the joy out of a "vacation". I am the customer spending money but I have to conform to DISNEY'S rules ?!?!

rreading

Haunted Mansion's line picked up a bit after the major refurbishment fwiw, but Fastpass+ is a much bigger factor.

I agree that this is the case, and mourn the fact of being able to ride it without having to manage it.

But the reason there is a wait, clearly, is that there are more people riding it. Whether it’s simply that MK is more crowded, or whether it is due to FP+ is debatable; but I suspect that the Park is happy for it to be running at capacity.

Now the parks just need more capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom