• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

insert name here

The way I see it no matter where Indy goes in DHS it will be a huge improvement. Animation Courtyard would be ideal. But if Indy were to go in DAK we'd be losing DINOSAUR, which is a mistake for that park imo.

Magic Feather

Advertisement
What if there’s two games of tug-o’-war going on. Each game involves one same park and one other park. The park that is playing both can’t win both.

A——B——C. Only two can win. MK is exempt.

EPICOT

What if there’s two games of tug-o’-war going on. Each game involves one same park and one other park. The park that is playing both can’t win both.

A——B——C. Only two can win. MK is exempt.
I'm gonna guess B is DHS. It's fighting with AK (A) for Indy. C would be EPCOT but I'm not quite sure what it would be caught between these two parks.

If DHS gets Indy then EPCOT doesn't get the unknown attraction (DHS does). If DHS gets the unknown attraction, AK gets Indy and EPCOT gets neither of these attractions.

MansionButler84

I'm gonna guess B is DHS. It's fighting with AK (A) for Indy. C would be EPCOT but I'm not quite sure what it would be caught between these two parks.

If DHS gets Indy then EPCOT doesn't get the unknown attraction (DHS does). If DHS gets the unknown attraction, AK gets Indy and EPCOT gets neither of these attractions.
While we all agree Epcot needs a lot of thematic work, I’d argue DHS and DAK need big projects more than what Epcot’s already getting.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Yeah, based on insiders, it seems that AK and DHS are battling over Indy.

Now what is Epcot battling over?
  • A full-fledged Coco ride in DHS v. the overlay in Mexico?
  • A sudden pulling of Mary Poppins out of UK and into DHS?
  • More superheroes (that are allowed: Doctor Strange, Incredibles, Big Hero 6) v. DHS?
  • One of the cloned FoP-mechanics rides v. DHS?

DoubleJ21

Shanghai Pirates tech? This is probably the "water ride" alluded by many to be considered for DHS.
In the long run this could be a gain for DHS, a loss for somewhere else and a third location winning or loosing depending on your point of view.
Wow, I'm actually surprised they are planning this! I'm not going to try to make sense of Martin's comments, other than to understand we will know what he means in time. I'm genuinely excited though! I suppose the only question I have is if this project is stable, aka will it actually get built or be put on the shelf a la Monsters Inc Door Coaster or RSR?

Last edited:

britain

Could be quite an immersive experience, but can the Shanghai Pirates tech provide a ride that FEELS as action packed as the DL Indy Jeep ride? Despite all the piratey action you see around you, the boats themselves are pretty slow moving.

Still, I’d love to see what they could come up with.

DisneyFan18

Yeah, based on insiders, it seems that AK and DHS are battling over Indy.

Now what is Epcot battling over?
  • A full-fledged Coco ride in DHS v. the overlay in Mexico?
  • A sudden pulling of Mary Poppins out of UK and into DHS?
  • More superheroes (that are allowed: Doctor Strange, Incredibles, Big Hero 6) v. DHS?
  • One of the cloned FoP-mechanics rides v. DHS?
Maybe AK is B? Fighting for Indy with DHS on one side, and maybe fighting for a Jungle Book attraction with Epcot, for the third pavilion that Martin said would have an attraction and could be India?

Though I would love a fully fledged Coco attraction ;) (I know that certainly isn’t happening)

GiveMeTheMusic

Could be quite an immersive experience, but can the Shanghai Pirates tech provide a ride that FEELS as action packed as the DL Indy Jeep ride? Despite all the piratey action you see around you, the boats themselves are pretty slow moving.

Still, I’d love to see what they could come up with.
The boats on Pirates can REALLY book it, especially in the backwards explosion finale. It’s definitely thrilling.

Frankly this Indy boat ride is one the best proposals I’ve heard in a long time. I REALLY hope it gets built.

HauntedMansionFLA

I've wanted an Indy water ride in DHS so this is music to my ears. I too really really hope this gets built. I'm really happy it's even a possibility.
It will be interesting to see what park wins out. Like yourself, I would love to hear that John Williams score playing during the ride. Odd duck seems to be EPCOT but they are getting the Rat ride in France and GotG in future world.

Top Bottom