• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

rle4lunch

Could be quite an immersive experience, but can the Shanghai Pirates tech provide a ride that FEELS as action packed as the DL Indy Jeep ride? Despite all the piratey action you see around you, the boats themselves are pretty slow moving.

Still, I’d love to see what they could come up with.
At least it wouldn't be a clone, like so many people on here hate the idea of (personally DL's Indy "whips" Dinosaur out of the park, and should be put in place of it). But I'd totally be on board with a Indy boat ride with Shanghai tech and just plussing Dino up to something that isn't so dang boring.

Although I can easily see an Indy overlay of all the rides, including the bone yard play area. That's right in the Indy wheelhouse. But I'd prefer one awesome ride in dhs versus a cheap rebadging of Dinoland.

Last edited:

jimbaker84

Yeah, but a Tony Stark style 'World's Fair' Pavilion like off of Iron Man would be the perfect fit for Epcot.
That would've been a great idea for the Universe of Energy spot given the storylines of Iron Man 1 + 2, however the current licencing issues with Universal mean it was never likely to happen. Would love to see the Marvel Characters at WDW but would prefer them to have their own park.

larryz

Disneyphilus Smirkatious
Premium Member
Maybe Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Beastly Kingdom? Where he fights off dragons and Griffins....and he finds a unicorn?
The thing is, they could put that plot right into Dino, even keeping the "is the unicorn safe?" bit during the current re-entry sequence...

mikejs78

Premium Member
I can’t go into details at the mo. Dinoland may still receive changes but not as big as possibly previous.
Your comment on 'depending on your point of view' makes me think that some of the Epcot Spine work make be affected from a budgetary perspective...

britain

At least it wouldn't be a clone, like so many people on here hate the idea of (personally DL's Indy "whips" Dinosaur out of the park, and should be put in place of it). But I'd totally be on board with a Indy boat ride with Shanghai tech and just plussing Dino up to something that isn't so dang boring.

Although I can easily see an Indy overlay of all the rides, including the bone yard play area. That's right in the Indy wheelhouse. But I'd prefer one awesome ride in dhs versus a cheap rebadging of Dinoland.

It also would probably have no height requirement, unlike the Jeep ride. And Operationally, DHS needs all the ‘pirate’ type of people eaters it can get.

Ok, I think I can get on board with this. :)

britain

While personally I know I would love an Indy land, I don’t blame them for wanting to have a smaller area with a huge E ticket… Who knows? Maybe they are hedging their bets on the new Indy 5 not been that great.

britain

Indy retheme of Dinosaur, convert Restaurantosaurus to a adventurer themed restaurant, build an Indy themed bar, wooden coaster replacing Chester & Hester's, and non-Indy themed boat ride replaces Nemo.
Non-Indy boat ride? But it would it still be a part of this Indy / Adventurer land? Would THIS boat ride also be shanghai pirates tech?

Top Bottom