Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

DisneyFan18

Yeah, based on insiders, it seems that AK and DHS are battling over Indy.

Now what is Epcot battling over?
  • A full-fledged Coco ride in DHS v. the overlay in Mexico?
  • A sudden pulling of Mary Poppins out of UK and into DHS?
  • More superheroes (that are allowed: Doctor Strange, Incredibles, Big Hero 6) v. DHS?
  • One of the cloned FoP-mechanics rides v. DHS?
Maybe AK is B? Fighting for Indy with DHS on one side, and maybe fighting for a Jungle Book attraction with Epcot, for the third pavilion that Martin said would have an attraction and could be India?

Though I would love a fully fledged Coco attraction ;) (I know that certainly isn’t happening)

GiveMeTheMusic

Could be quite an immersive experience, but can the Shanghai Pirates tech provide a ride that FEELS as action packed as the DL Indy Jeep ride? Despite all the piratey action you see around you, the boats themselves are pretty slow moving.

Still, I’d love to see what they could come up with.

The boats on Pirates can REALLY book it, especially in the backwards explosion finale. It’s definitely thrilling.

Frankly this Indy boat ride is one the best proposals I’ve heard in a long time. I REALLY hope it gets built.

HauntedMansionFLA

I've wanted an Indy water ride in DHS so this is music to my ears. I too really really hope this gets built. I'm really happy it's even a possibility.
It will be interesting to see what park wins out. Like yourself, I would love to hear that John Williams score playing during the ride. Odd duck seems to be EPCOT but they are getting the Rat ride in France and GotG in future world.

rle4lunch

Could be quite an immersive experience, but can the Shanghai Pirates tech provide a ride that FEELS as action packed as the DL Indy Jeep ride? Despite all the piratey action you see around you, the boats themselves are pretty slow moving.

Still, I’d love to see what they could come up with.

At least it wouldn't be a clone, like so many people on here hate the idea of (personally DL's Indy "whips" Dinosaur out of the park, and should be put in place of it). But I'd totally be on board with a Indy boat ride with Shanghai tech and just plussing Dino up to something that isn't so dang boring.

Although I can easily see an Indy overlay of all the rides, including the bone yard play area. That's right in the Indy wheelhouse. But I'd prefer one awesome ride in dhs versus a cheap rebadging of Dinoland.

Last edited:

jimbaker84

Yeah, but a Tony Stark style 'World's Fair' Pavilion like off of Iron Man would be the perfect fit for Epcot.
That would've been a great idea for the Universe of Energy spot given the storylines of Iron Man 1 + 2, however the current licencing issues with Universal mean it was never likely to happen. Would love to see the Marvel Characters at WDW but would prefer them to have their own park.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Beastly Kingdom? Where he fights off dragons and Griffins....and he finds a unicorn?
The thing is, they could put that plot right into Dino, even keeping the "is the unicorn safe?" bit during the current re-entry sequence...

mikejs78

Premium Member
I can’t go into details at the mo. Dinoland may still receive changes but not as big as possibly previous.
Your comment on 'depending on your point of view' makes me think that some of the Epcot Spine work make be affected from a budgetary perspective...

britain

At least it wouldn't be a clone, like so many people on here hate the idea of (personally DL's Indy "whips" Dinosaur out of the park, and should be put in place of it). But I'd totally be on board with a Indy boat ride with Shanghai tech and just plussing Dino up to something that isn't so dang boring.

Although I can easily see an Indy overlay of all the rides, including the bone yard play area. That's right in the Indy wheelhouse. But I'd prefer one awesome ride in dhs versus a cheap rebadging of Dinoland.

It also would probably have no height requirement, unlike the Jeep ride. And Operationally, DHS needs all the ‘pirate’ type of people eaters it can get.

Ok, I think I can get on board with this. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom