Is Avatar the Potter killer?

Is Avatar the Potter swatter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BryceM

Don't know whether to be impressed that you did this, or sad that you went through the time to do this...

BryceM - Avada Kedavra.

(P.S., I'm not an AvLand hater and I'm actually excited about the project. But Avatar and Potter are two completely different leagues...)

Testtrack321

I'm working on some data to support my hypothesis that Avatar does not a fan base or interest level that the box office gross shows. Trying to base it on web analytics, merch sales, and adjusted box office scores. And not just for "Potter", but for other Disney owned properties.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
In the face of todays stunning ground breaking for Avatar at AK, I personally applaud Disney taking their time and getting their ducks in a row for what could be the most amazing themed area ever.

Now this also brings up the inevitable.

Is Avatar the Potter swatter everyone thinks Disney needs?

First, I don't think personally Avatar will be done on the cheap, I think its going to be amazing far beyond what we as Disney fans expect.

Second, Joe Rhode. Nuff said.

Third, there is a growing number of people who think if Carsland opened at WDW it would have blown Potter back to England in a soiled diaper. What if Disney goes to that extreme with Avatar? I think they will, Carsland I feel will open purse strings because it was such a huge hit.

Is Avatar the next big thing?

Jimmy Thick- Once completed, AK becomes number two in attendance. Thanks to Avatar.
The absurdity of this poll got me to unignore you, if just for a moment. Really, I just need an answer from you...
Jimmy, do you feel that Potter is a fad and Avatar is not?
Also, just how confident are you that DAK will become #2?

draybook

Harry Potter is just a mish-mash of Gaiman's Book of Magic and the X-Men.

Well, it's doing a damned good job of bringing people in and it made Disney take notice of Uni's climbing attendance. I guess the magic bands weren't the HP killers that they thought they would be. Neither was the glorified girl's section, aka New Fantasyland. I guess we better put our hopes in Avatarland!!

Magenta Panther

In the face of todays stunning ground breaking for Avatar at AK, I personally applaud Disney taking their time and getting their ducks in a row for what could be the most amazing themed area ever.

Now this also brings up the inevitable.

Is Avatar the Potter swatter everyone thinks Disney needs?

First, I don't think personally Avatar will be done on the cheap, I think its going to be amazing far beyond what we as Disney fans expect.

Second, Joe Rhode. Nuff said.

Third, there is a growing number of people who think if Carsland opened at WDW it would have blown Potter back to England in a soiled diaper. What if Disney goes to that extreme with Avatar? I think they will, Carsland I feel will open purse strings because it was such a huge hit.

Is Avatar the next big thing?

Jimmy Thick- Once completed, AK becomes number two in attendance. Thanks to Avatar.

I would have voted on your poll had the choices you presented not been so stupid. :rolleyes:

Avatar is no Potter swatter, and Universal isn't shedding a bead of sweat over it. Bet on it.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
dude he s doing this to screw with you and make you mad...looks like its working...just ignore him
He is on my ignore list, but it didn't stop this thread from popping up on the forum page. Then I couldn't stop myself...
But yeah, you're absolutely correct.

twebber55

Oh boy.....

I think Star Wars land if done right is the only Potter Swatter. You need more options In your pole, I couldn't vote
first of all I do not believe there is a potter swatter...second, the big thing for me in regards to star wars is what setting do you have..there is no main setting of the movie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom