Is Avatar the Potter killer?

Is Avatar the Potter swatter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No, not your tactics, your purpose. What is your sarcasm, with the above comment included, meant to accomplish?

Simply passing on my contempt for the subject matter, the poster and the motivation for this almost weekly scheduled thread. It isnt meant to accomplish anything, I have no delusions of grandeur relating to my opinion, unlike some. I imagine thats why its in the chit chat forum.

Horizons1

No. Avatar was a knee-jerk reaction to HP. TDO most likely said "HP made a lot of money at the box office and is now a huge attraction for Universal! We need this too. What movie made a lot of money? AVATAR! We are brilliant!". HP isn't in any danger, whatsoever.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
No, not your tactics, your purpose. What is your sarcasm, with the above comment included, meant to accomplish?

Some people, laughingly, go out of their way to attempt to get my attention. Some even jump around from thread to thread I post in or create to do just that.It upsets some when I ignore them. Its the price I have to pay to be such a fearless trailblazer.

"Being famous is great, it's not like bad or horrible or anything"-Dave Chappelle

Jimmy Thick- Chit chat?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Why is this thread about the upcoming new areas of UNI and WDW moved to chit chat?

Especially when every 'UNI is Beating WDW' thread is left untouched? (ho-hum, for example, the current 'UNI Swatting WDW #1846362' , or the also current 'UNI Swatting WDW #1846363)

Do I sense some groupthink, where every billion posts and threads stating that 'UNI is kicking WDW's rear' are considered a sign of great insight, and every 'WDW is still better than UNI' reaction is met with great hostility and insults?

Surely it is perfectly obvious what, exactly, it is that Jimmy is rallying against? That his posts are of a reactive nature, against what he perceives as a somewhat runaway communal fawning over UNI? That he is challenging, and countering, popular notion and conventional wisdom?

Oh, please. Read the possible poll answers. There's your reason right there.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

No. Avatar was a knee-jerk reaction to HP. TDO most likely said "HP made a lot of money at the box office and is now a huge attraction for Universal! We need this too. What movie made a lot of money? AVATAR! We are brilliant!". HP isn't in any danger, whatsoever.
It was Iger, not local management, who wanted to get the next Boy Wizard.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Iam under the belief Potter is on barrowed time until Avatar is completed. The people going to Universal for a day for Potter will change back to Disney once the new hot thing is finished. Its a vicious theme park cycle.

Anyone at Epcot when Mission Space opened? I was, place was packed.

Jimmy Thick- Not so much anymore...

John Stamos

Not pulling a thing at all here Uncle Jess. Old make-up wearin, eyebrow plucking, don't-touch-my-hair Uncle Jess. Man I miss that show. I miss you and Bob and the girls. The way you could clear the set with that cheap, nasty cologne you'd wear. !Hai Kara-te!

And now I find you, here, arguing about theme parks. On the internet. Don't those guest appearances with Mario Lopez keep you busy enough? LOL I jest, I jest.

Good to see you my man, good to see you.

Now seriously, am I ever going to see that 300 I loaned to you and Stephanie?
Stop harassing me, Dave, for God's sake. I didn't think you were doing so bad that you would need $300 so desperately. I guess your stand-up gig isn't really working out. It's okay, we all know who the REAL star of full house was.

Matt_Black

Jurassic Park is clearly the best, IMO. And guess what, you can hear it at Islands of Adventure, along with the Harry Potter theme song and the amazing Port of Entry music. I love how much of a role music plays when it comes to IoA.

Yeah, because the competition doesn't utilize music whatsoever.... o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom