Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Dranth

Interesting point - could Disney be seeing a direct decrease in satisfaction thanks to the amount of party nights?
I am sure people aren't thrilled with it, but the parties are way too popular for them to budge too much.

Come fall USF and MK are significantly more of a pain to deal with due to all the party nights. Days without them are much more crowded the days with them you get reduced hours. Of course, I am guilty of going to HHN and the various MK parties, so I am also part of the problem.

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Interesting point - could Disney be seeing a direct decrease in satisfaction thanks to the amount of party nights?
I think so. Party season can really complicate plans. Closer to the holiday non-party guests are crammed into Wed and Sat, gets miserable but the only way to see fireworks and avoid 6pm closure. Parties hit 4x/week, then 5x. Nuts.

Instead of people getting frustrated and then resentful of needing pricey hoppers to work around it, there’s now a ’free’ upgrade to navigate it. The big thing lacking about WDW in recent years was protection of guest experience, especially relative to spending. Yeah I think they took a good look at all the common pitfalls and delved deep creating a plan of corrections.

JD80

I'm at the point where I might refuse to visit WDW during party season. Unless I want to go specifically to go to a party (obviously).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I mean, they have them for the subset of guests they like on specific days of the week, which I think is probably satisfying for the non-captive audience they want to re-attract.
You mean the $pecial event after hour$ $ub$et of gue$t$ for an extra fee?

Those are the guests they like because they can trick them into paying sometimes more for a few hours others do for the entire day

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I mean the extended evening hours most Mondays and Wednesdays.
Oh for deluxe resort guests? Yeah that’s not the people they like. That’s those awful DVC people that come too often and don’t spend much when they are in the parks. Most are even AP holders which is even worse. Bob doesn’t like me visiting so often when he can trick families of 4 to go all out and spend $8k there in a week for a once in a lifetime family vacation

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh for deluxe resort guests? Yeah that’s not the people they like. That’s those awful DVC people that come too often and don’t spend much when they are in the parks. Most are even AP holders which is ever worse. Bob doesn’t like me visiting so often when he can trick a families of 4 to go all out and spend $8k there in a week for a once in a lifetime family vacation
…bingo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom