Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

PREMiERdrum

Looks like we are giving 30% off and free park hoppers with 4 day tickets during the holiday season....what say you @PREMiERdrum ?
Sorry for the late check-in, it's been a day

I'm gobsmacked they went this wide with it... this was planned as a PIN offer offer less than a month ago.

There is some targeted stuff launching for October as well.

Wait til you see Independence Day. Quite possibly the fewest rooms in inventory in a decade or more, and actual occupancy is still atrocious.

Vegas Disney Fan

Speaking only for myself, I'm not too bothered by WDW prices increasing, especially due to inflation. But I am greatly bothered by the combination of WDW increasing their prices while also consistently reducing the value we get from a WDW vacation.

Increase the value of a WDW vacation (they have to know by now via guest complaints and sites like this how value has been decreasing for them) and I'd bet many of the complaints about increased prices would go away, especially as wages eventually catch up to slowing inflation.
This describes us also, we just booked another DCL cruise and didn’t blink at the high price because we feel DCL is still worth the price, we’re adding a few days in WDW and I can’t bring myself to add another day to our tickets and another night at the hotel to visit HS, there’s just not enough value for us to justify another $500+ for it, we almost skipped MK also but I caved since we’ve never done Tron.

EP and AK are the only parks I can still justify fairly easily since they are so unique and offer so much more than just rides.

$800 a day for DCL is still worth it to us, $500 a day for a hotel room and tickets to a park, only to be fleeced once we get there, isn’t. The only reason we’re going to WDW at all is because we’ll already be in Orlando, without another reason to be in Orlando we can’t justify a WDW trip right now.

Miss Bella

This describes us also, we just booked another DCL cruise and didn’t blink at the high price because we feel DCL is still worth the price, we’re adding a few days in WDW and I can’t bring myself to add another day to our tickets and another night at the hotel to visit HS, there’s just not enough value for us to justify another $500+ for it, we almost skipped MK also but I caved since we’ve never done Tron.

EP and AK are the only parks I can still justify fairly easily since they are so unique and offer so much more than just rides.

$800 a day for DCL is still worth it to us, $500 a day for a hotel room and tickets to a park, only to be fleeced once we get there, isn’t. The only reason we’re going to WDW at all is because we’ll already be in Orlando, without another reason to be in Orlando we can’t justify a WDW trip right now.
I booked four nights at the Swan for free and got the special Summer tickets after our short cruise. I'm not expecting the parks to be crowded in August. I'm basically paying 800 for tickets and 160 resort fee at the Swan reserve. It's not a terrible financial investment.

I am also running out of time to use my free night certificates....so there is that. I couldn't find anywhere else to use them since they are only a 50k a night value. In the winter you'd never get the Swan for that or any other resort type Marriot. It's actually a good redemption because 50k is normally a Springhill suites type hotel.

Miss Bella

Just to add to my previous post. When I signed up for the Marriott card that gave me the 5 free reward nights worth 250k sign on bonus I thought I was getting 250k points to add to my 100k points. Not 5 free nights worth 50k points each and expired in a year.

I'm really glad I found a way to use these reward nights that actually had some value. Lesson learned to read the fine print. If it wasn't for this redemption I don't think I would going to WDW for most of reasons listed in this thread. The hotel prices even with the discounts they are offering are still ridiculous.

CSR was always my go to resort when I didn't want to spend a ton of money and even that with the 30% off is 230.00 a night plus tax. In August for goodness sake. I stayed there in June of 2019 for 129.00 a night.

LSLS

I'm gobsmacked they went this wide with it... this was planned as a PIN offer offer less than a month ago.

Wait til you see Independence Day. Quite possibly the fewest rooms in inventory in a decade or more, and actual occupancy is still atrocious.

Pretty crazy they still have a large chunk of that week blocked out for Annual Passholders (at least Pirate and Pixie level).

jpeden

In the Parks
No

Maybe someone's getting the message?

Lilofan

We love cruising too and the cruise cast are some of the hardest working cast out there. We got to know some. Working 13-14 hours per day with a few hours break in the afternoon , 7 days a week for a several month contract is not for everyone.

easyrowrdw

It's better than what Mousesavers lists for the 2020-2022, but consistent with last year. Last year they offered discounts up to 30% (35% for Disney+ Subscribers) for this same time period. Parkhoppers are an addition, but that's only with a package. If things are in the toilet, then this doesn't seem like a crazy offer. Maybe the, "additional savings for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights between October 6 and November 21," are really big though. I dunno.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's better than what Mousesavers lists for the 2020-2022, but consistent with last year. Last year they offered discounts up to 30% (35% for Disney+ Subscribers) for this same time period. Parkhoppers are an addition, but that's only with a package. If things are in the toilet, then this doesn't seem like a crazy offer. Maybe the, "additional savings for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights between October 6 and November 21," are really big though. I dunno.
they aren't going to make things appear they are in the toilet or they are desperate to much...can't affect that stock price and send folks into a panic

easyrowrdw

they aren't going to make things appear they are in the toilet or they are desperate to much...can't affect that stock price and send folks into a panic
Naw, I hear ya. I was just confused by the notion that these deals were surprising. If they need to get more people in the hotels, then savings similar to last year and a "free" upgrade on the tickets seems reasonable. Sending out PINs to people doesn't seem like it would move the needle very much compared to discounts available for everyone.

JD80

Main difference is the hoppers and maybe availability? I booked on that last year. Hoppers are a $90 savings per person if you were a hopper person. Otherwise a nice perk (that should be given out more often).

I'll be curious to see if you could track ADR availability once this goes live. Maybe a biproduct of this is people head over to EPCOT for dinner. I know I would be thinking that.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Here's what Disney says:

Once you redeem a selection on the day of your park visit, you can choose another multi pass experience from either group (subject to availability).

If you have valid admission with the Park Hopper option, you could even choose a multi pass experience in a different theme park (subject to availability).

I know for us we are EpCOT lunch people after AK/HS so with the park-hopping restrictions gone I'm hoping we can modify our package we have to get the free hopper (currently on a 30% PIN discount).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
How bad do they want more bookings? They are advertising this luxurious deluxe resort accommodation

1719350098063.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom