Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Maybe I've just been lucky, but every time I've had to call into the DTA hotline over the last several weeks I've had zero wait. It isn't even playing the music once you confirm your selections, it kicks you straight to a cheerful cast member. Not sure that's ever happened in my decade+ of doing this.
they’ve likely just hired a lot of additional staff to take calls 👀

BrianLo

I just think there is a major shift in entertainment going on culturally even before COVID. Millennials are growing older, now we're in our 40s. You are starting to see a majority of the money spending demographics are those who grew up with or had their formative years being on the internet.

COVID hyper accelerated it.

People don't want to spend money the same way they did 10-20 years ago. People are self curating even more now. That will effect everything from vacations, to restaurants to movie theatres.

Just like arcades used to be popular 40 years ago, they no longer exist the same way. Same thing is happening to other things.

Millennial's are bar none Disney's best demographic going. It's the generation with the first in home penetration of Disney with VHS and the benefits of the animated Renaissance. Without the extreme volume of peak entertainment that we've more recently experienced. This demo also has hit the young families stage, but with some expendable vacation money.

Plus it's a very large cohort.

Its not like this generation is anemic to spending money on vacation. Cruise operators are reporting record increases in millennial guests.

All of which is to say is this should be a very straightforward time for attendance for the company. It will be interesting when Gen Z takes over for Disney Parks spending in 10-15 years.

Ayla

I just think there is a major shift in entertainment going on culturally even before COVID. Millennials are growing older, now we're in our 40s. You are starting to see a majority of the money spending demographics are those who grew up with or had their formative years being on the internet.

COVID hyper accelerated it.

People don't want to spend money the same way they did 10-20 years ago. People are self curating even more now. That will effect everything from vacations, to restaurants to movie theatres.

Just like arcades used to be popular 40 years ago, they no longer exist the same way. Same thing is happening to other things.
Strictly demographically speaking, Gen X has the most buying/spending power right now...but per usual, they are ignored in favor of Millennials.

BrianLo

That, and a record number of DVC contract resales since Covid

For the moment there is a record number of buyers as well. DVC still remains healthy, for now. But it could very well be the next shoe to drop. Not denying it's not a buyers market though, probably mostly driven by the sudden lack of participation by Disney itself. Volumes of resale buyers and direct buyers are both near record highs.

I actually think it's something just structurally wrong with WDW itself attracting guests. Rather than theme parks (Disneyland, International), vacation spending (Cruises), timeshares as products in general.

WDW halted their investment cycle and they are starting to clearly pay for it. It's not like this wasn't foreseeable. They had every opportunity to buffer their entertainment package on this timescale more than they have.

Oga’s really blows…

…sorry…I know that’s not helpful…but it has to be said
Yes! I mean, I’m glad that other people enjoy it, but I found it really disappointing. For me, it really just felt like “this is it?” I think it needs some kind of minor show-type experience (a curtain revealing a cantina AA band or some simple cast actor things happening every idk 20 min behind the bar) or much cooler decoration/theming, where you spend your time really drinking it in and finding it a cool environment. It’s pre-fab cocktails you stand for and it’s not like in, idk when I was in my 20s and going out in a city and just psyched to stand there and talk to everyone! But sincerely not wanting to offend anyone who really enjoys it!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes! I mean, I’m glad that other people enjoy it, but I found it really disappointing. For me, it really just felt like “this is it?” I think it needs some kind of minor show-type experience (a curtain revealing a cantina AA band or some simple cast actor things happening every idk 20 min behind the bar) or much cooler decoration/theming, where you spend your time really drinking it in and finding it a cool environment. It’s pre-fab cocktails you stand for and it’s not like in, idk when I was in my 20s and going out in a city and just psyched to stand there and talk to everyone! But sincerely not wanting to offend anyone who really enjoys it!
It needs a show…a menu…more space….a character or two people have heard of/give a crap about…

The little stuff

Nubs70

Dow and Nasdaq forecasted with a higher opening today along with record levels both currently have. My portfolio holdings ( Disney is not one of them ) and 401K are very happy campers along with my real estate holdings that are at record high values. Can one imagine if the economy was doing better?😉
Companies are reporting higher earnings due to the devaluation of the Dollar manifestin in the loss of purchasing power. Companies are getting more $ for the same quantity (inflation), same $ for less (shrinkflation), or more $ for less ( igerflation.

Wall Street performance is more to do with a reflection of monetary policy than creation of value.

IanDLBZF

Companies are reporting higher earnings due to the devaluation of the Dollar manifestin in the loss of purchasing power. Companies are getting more $ for the same quantity (inflation), same $ for less (shrinkflation), or more $ for less ( igerflation.
There’s actually a name for that third one: Skimpflation I believe

Joysea

I have an AP and go to Orlando about once a month but I’ve cut back the number of times I visit the parks. The wait times are long and instead of adding capacity, Disney likes to redo what’s already there and that’s disappointing. I’m going to Tokyo Disney in the fall to see all the new stuff they added there. I also bought an AP for the first time for Universal and I’m excited for Epic. I don’t anticipate doing much WDW in the near future unless they focus on making the parks more enjoyable with improved wait times and add capacity. Money is not the problem. If they give a quality experience then I’m happy to open my wallet and spend$$$$ and I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Lilofan

I have an AP and go to Orlando about once a month but I’ve cut back the number of times I visit the parks. The wait times are long and instead of adding capacity, Disney likes to redo what’s already there and that’s disappointing. I’m going to Tokyo Disney in the fall to see all the new stuff they added there. I also bought an AP for the first time for Universal and I’m excited for Epic. I don’t anticipate doing much WDW in the near future unless they focus on making the parks more enjoyable with improved wait times and add capacity. Money is not the problem. If they give a quality experience then I’m happy to open my wallet and spend$$$$ and I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.
You will be impressed with the cleanliness , guest service of the Tokyo parks. To compare to WDW, there is no comparison in a number of categories such as these.

davis_unoxx

IMG_5226.png
IMG_5227.png
L

Attachments

• IMG_5228.png
    IMG_5228.png
    451.7 KB · Views: 26

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom