Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

SamusAranX

Minor quibble, but I think this is only selectively true, mostly with character meals, prix fixe meals, and certain signature snacks. Quick service and standard table service are generally in line with my expectations.
My quick service is usually around 12/13 but I always get water cups. It’s still cheaper then chipotle, Panera, etc which is mind boggling

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My quick service is usually around 12/13 but I always get water cups. It’s still cheaper then chipotle, Panera, etc which is mind boggling
What are you ordering at Chipotle that's more than $13? 😂 A carnitas burrito at the Chipotle in Celebration is $10.50 plus tax, chicken is a dollar cheaper (just checked in the app, set the location for that specific one).

Lilofan

What are you ordering at Chipotle that's more than $13? 😂 A carnitas burrito at the Chipotle in Celebration is $10.50 plus tax, chicken is a dollar cheaper (just checked in the app, set the location for that specific one).
Order double of all veggies , 2 rice options , beans ( all free ) along with the single serving of protein and the meal is so large I take half of it home to eat at another meal. The lemonade dispensing machine of many flavors was taken out in my location since a number of customers were asking for a water cup and helping themselves to the lemonade.

SamusAranX

I usually get a steak bowl with guacamole and it comes to about 14/15 after tax

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I mean, I study these lines for a living. My default assumption is that they're wrong because there's no revenue for Disney to gain by increasing the accuracy of posted wait times.

I don't think the reason is "Guests are happy when a posted wait of X ends up being Y."

That policy prevents guests from exercising their own judgement to decide the best use of their time. It's an incredibly patronizing example of "we know what's best for you so don't ask questions."

Here's an example from Slinky Dog last week.

As the day drew to a close, Slinky Dog's posted wait was 70 minutes at 8:15 pm. It had been at 70 minutes for about half an hour.

Twenty-two minutes later we timed an actual wait of 13 minutes. And we got actuals of 10 and 14 in rapid succession within a few minutes of that.

It's almost impossible to get a 57-minute reduction in actual waits in just 22 minutes of clock time. I'm sure I could come up with a scenario where literally nobody got in line, wheelchairs caused an extended delay, extra trains were added to the track, etc. But that almost certainly didn't happen here, and I think we all know that.

View attachment 787542

To spell out the problem with "Posted of X ends up being Y", where Y < X, there are tons of people who would've got in a 10- to 20-minute line at Slinky, if they had been given accurate information about their wait. But they skipped riding because they didn't think it was worth 70 minutes. So they missed out on an enjoyable experience because of bad information.

Sorry for the long post. What do you think the reason is?
Thank you for the great info!

It’s kinda sad…actually

Got a boathouse res for 7 at 5:45…on a Saturday without a Gate Paywall in front of it 🤷🏻‍♂️
And you got the oysters? and also sat inside or outside?

davis_unoxx

IMG_5215.png

Not a busy start to the summer season….

JoeCamel

summer is usually slow. people have nice weather and fun stuff to do in the summer where they live, they like to escape to Florida in the colder months or to relieve stress during other parts of the year.
Yep all the "busiest time for MCO" and 70% bookings with blocks cut out in "the world" says all those people are staying home......

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
At the risk of wafting through 524 pages can someone give me a very brief summary as to what on earth is going on?
Gladly.

Disney got too expensive and the value proposition is no longer there. At the same time, the US has been dipping its ankles into a recession, while a comparatively strong US Dollar has made the US less attractive for many international travelers.

C33Mom

View attachment 789099
Not a busy start to the summer season….
Are there any public data sources that measure people through the turn-style instead of wait times? Disney is trying to cut back use of its DAS system and I would expect that to be reflected in a decrease of wait times, at least until they feel confident they can start adding more LL returns for people using paid line skipping services.

basas

Are there any public data sources that measure people through the turn-style instead of wait times? Disney is trying to cut back use of its DAS system and I would expect that to be reflected in a decrease of wait times, at least until they feel confident they can start adding more LL returns for people using paid line skipping services.

Disney, themselves, have said attendance at WDW is down. But the work of sites that track/measure wait times, as well as reports from people actually at the parks, is probably as good a gauge as we’ll get to measure how much on any particular day.

Not sure how much of an impact the new DAS system has…

LSLS

Looks that way. You're there and having a good time right?

I was thinking of booking a trip since all these reports of low attendance make the place sound WONDERFUL but my guess is by the time Tiana's is open, the crowds will be back.
It depends. Do you call crowds standby time length, or is crowds number of people in the park? Cause they are wildly different values.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
summer is usually slow. people have nice weather and fun stuff to do in the summer where they live, they like to escape to Florida in the colder months or to relieve stress during other parts of the year.
…what in the Sam hell?…
Yep all the "busiest time for MCO" and 70% bookings with blocks cut out in "the world" says all those people are staying home......
😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom