Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

dreday3

They need to find a way to make it harder to cancel.

I would have canceled D+ long ago but it get it for free with Hulu.

I never watched a single show on Hulu but it’s how I get live sports.

I guess you won’t cancel things once it’s free with ad tier but I doubt I will find myself watching anything beyond sports that contains commercials.

Hulu has a few great shows, just in case you wanted to watch. If you watched The Inventor: Out for Blood documentary with Elizabeth Holmes, definitely check out the series The Dropout starring Amanda Seyfried as Elizbeth Holmes. Her portrayal of her is fantastic and it's a great short series.

Trauma

Hulu has a few great shows, just in case you wanted to watch. If you watched The Inventor: Out for Blood documentary with Elizabeth Holmes, definitely check out the series The Dropout starring Amanda Seyfried as Elizbeth Holmes. Her portrayal of her is fantastic and it's a great short series.
I thank you for the advice unfortunately I don’t have time to watch anything currently. Part of the reason I’m so quick to cancel a streaming service.

I wonder if people younger than me are even faster to pull the trigger on canceling.

I think they would be more likely to pick a show they want to watch then cancel.

Of course I may be wrong on that assumption and I doubt there is any reliable statistics on cancelations by age groups.

Rimmit

Of course I may be wrong on that assumption and I doubt there is any reliable statistics on cancelations by age groups.
I guarantee you the streamers all have that data. They know exactly what you watch, how long you watch, the first show you watched when you subscribed, last thing you watched before you cancelled, etc. now what they do with that data…. That is the question.

That’s part of what the SAG and WGA are striking for. They want more transparency on streaming numbers. The whole reason studios don’t release these numbers is so they don’t give the actors and writers leverage regarding residuals payments and contract increases.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Interesting.

It’s not surprising how my Hulu live subscription is beginning to cost the same as my cable used to however. Saw that one coming.

I have Hulu+Live, and I'm considering dropping the Live part (which makes Hulu significantly cheaper).

But, since I've locked-in/grandfathered into a discounted Hulu+Live account, bundled with D+ and ESPN+, getting rid of the Live part isn't so urgent.

There are very few shows that appear on Live (which mimics having cable with hundreds of channels) which I can't get on any of the major streamers. In fact, the shows that I've heard about and want to watch aren't on a cable channel, but a streamer (e.g., Ted Lasso), which I can sub to temporarily and binge it.

If "cable is dying," then why do I want a streamer with mimics cable? Hmm....

DisneyCane

They became obsessed decades ago with controlling labor down to the penny. So any park expansion and they come up with elaborate charts that show it will cost them so much in overhead bleed.

But a lot of it is the reduction in brick and mortar retail sales as well. Two big parts of that is the ease of shopping at home and the Airlines whacking people for baggage. I can’t even imagine how many billions in sales Disney has lost since that started? A lot. If you pack stuff you get hit with a $75 surcharge.

New parks are a non-starter…that’s been known since dak.
You make a good point about the baggage fees hurting merchandise sales. I guess Disney could react by having a ship to home service free above a certain threshold and priced as low as possible under the threshold. It would take some logistical planning to get it right so I don't think it will be coming anytime soon.

Disney Dead Head

They became obsessed decades ago with controlling labor down to the penny. So any park expansion and they come up with elaborate charts that show it will cost them so much in overhead bleed.

But a lot of it is the reduction in brick and mortar retail sales as well. Two big parts of that is the ease of shopping at home and the Airlines whacking people for baggage. I can’t even imagine how many billions in sales Disney has lost since that started? A lot. If you pack stuff you get hit with a $75 surcharge.

New parks are a non-starter…that’s been known since dak.
I wonder why some major shipping company hasn't approached Disney about shipping directly from the parks. My last company had a flat rate for any non-oversized package $10. All they would have to do is use the contactless mobile checkout and the app and you wouldn't even have to bring it to the register to ship it. they could just fulfill from the stocking warehouse. the Lego Store in DS does it for VIP members free of charge

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder why some major shipping company hasn't approached Disney about shipping directly from the parks. My last company had a flat rate for any non-oversized package $10. All they would have to do is use the contactless mobile checkout and the app and you wouldn't even have to bring it to the register to ship it. they could just fulfill from the stocking warehouse. the Lego Store in DS does it for VIP members free of charge
Shipping from the shops is actually Really good rate. They just don’t advertise it.

Forgot about lego vip shipping…but I have one 3 miles away so it’s no biggie for me

Until I see exclusive sets

Disstevefan1

Anotherwdwmagicderail2.jpg

celluloid

So…how about that attendance in Florida?
It's still.summer, so it's too hot. August gets hotter to attendance be worse. Fall is peak hurricane season left overs until December 21st where cold snaps happen until Feb to keep guests away. Unfortunately that brings us to spring showers were numbers won't be much better.
At least that was Bob's reasoning.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom