Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

What was the temperature and relative humidity? Or the "feels like" temperature?
No idea, it was just before 9PM so whatever it was it was better than the daytime.

Iger is a rich, stupid liar, it has nothing to do with the temperature.

Do you think the family from Denver who is booking their WDW vacation 6 to 9 months in advance checks the farmer's almanack to see what the temperature will be at WDW 6 to 9 months in the future?

Lilofan

No idea, it was just before 9PM so whatever it was it was better than the daytime.

Do you think the family from Denver who is booking their WDW vacation 6 to 9 months in advance checks the farmer's almanack to see what the temperature will be at WDW 6 to 9 months in the future?
Rich and after 2 more years at the helm, $60M wealthier.

TheIceBaron

It would be interesting to know the breakdown of people that plan to go to WDW on a whim vs those that plan weeks or months in advance. I’m more of a 2 months out person.

I think low attendance has to do with lack of new compelling offerings rather than anything else. Whenever there was a new land or ride, especially pre-pandemic, lines and attendance were absolutely massive. Iger alluded to new investment in parks being a driver of continued growth. I just think they haven’t committed to any concrete plans because of the continued financial difficulties.

Disstevefan1

Rich and after 2 more years at the helm, $60M wealthier.
Trophy.png

TheMaxRebo

They were in reference to the schmuck in charge of the company.

Bob Iger's excuse for low attendance in July.

Not July, he was very specifically talking about July 4th in isolation, which the extreme heat and humidity did play a small, contributing role

Neither he nor anyone else is implying the temperature is the main reason the crowds are lower in general

celluloid

Not July, he was very specifically talking about July 4th in isolation, which the extreme heat and humidity did play a small, contributing role

Neither he nor anyone else is implying the temperature is the main reason the crowds are lower in general
There have been hot Fourth of July's before.
And August has days that are as hot as the hottest Fourth of July on record. (it actually was in Fort Myers) So if one hot day is an excuse, than it stands to reason it would play in role on other days too.

One day makes it no less zany of an excuse.

Lilofan

Feel nervous for the mouse?

Hahahahaha

Nope let it burn.

Whatever it takes for Iger to be removed.

Until then let it burn.
A shameless plug to visit the Disney parks can come from the lone winner of the $1B lottery that was sold at the Las Palmitas mini mart in downtown Los Angeles . The winner that comes forward can happily say " I'm going to Disneyland !".

Trauma

A shameless plug to visit the Disney parks can come from the lone winner of the $1B lottery that was sold at the Las Palmitas mini mart in downtown Los Angeles . The winner that comes forward can happily say " I'm going to Disneyland !".
As the stock price continues to falter they can say

“I’m going to buy Disneyland !”

This is a joke I don’t need charts showing the true value of Disneyland.

LSLS

Of course not. But I'm sure plenty of people saw the forecast and decided to eat the cost of their flights and pay the $200 fee to cancel their resort stay and instead use that vacation time they took off to stay around the house. I'm sure it happens ALL the time.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
New Room Offer for D+ Subscribers:

Select nights, October 22 through November 2, 2023 and November 26 through December 25, 2023Not very clearly split, though most values are 25%, Mods are 30% and Deluxe 35%, but then specific ones are others (like Contemporary is only 20%, French Quarter is only 15%, etc)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/disney-plus-fall-holiday-2023-room-offer/
through Dec 25th. Wow. I would think the week leading up to Christmas would be crowded the way the calendar falls and schools getting out for the holiday

TheMaxRebo

There have been hot Fourth of July's before.
And August has days that are as hot as the hottest Fourth of July on record. (it actually was in Fort Myers) So if one hot day is an excuse, than it stands to reason it would play in role on other days too.

One day makes it no less zany of an excuse.

he was asked specifically about this past July 4th and it absolutely had an impact on that specific day to a greater extent than the general - people were leaving the parks early because of the heat, there were heat advisories, etc.

You can choose to not believe it due to you hatred of Iger

TheMaxRebo

through Dec 25th. Wow. I would think the week leading up to Christmas would be crowded the way the calendar falls and schools getting out for the holiday

Just for fun I checked that weekend, so the 25th is a Monday so did Friday to Monday and tons of options come up

Now, the rack rate those nights are insane - example, $905/night for resort view regular room at the Yacht Club ... but then with discount it brings it down to $588

1689969445607.png

Does bring the Values down to something a bit more reasonable. I mean, $186/night for anywhere halfway decent on Christmas Even isn't crazy

1689969546239.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
New Room Offer for D+ Subscribers:

Select nights, October 22 through November 2, 2023 and November 26 through December 25, 2023Not very clearly split, though most values are 25%, Mods are 30% and Deluxe 35%, but then specific ones are others (like Contemporary is only 20%, French Quarter is only 15%, etc)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/disney-plus-fall-holiday-2023-room-offer/

Isn't this the same offer announced back in June?

TheMaxRebo

Isn't this the same offer announced back in June?

maybe, hadn't seen D+ specifically for the holidays before and this was just shared by Disney Parks, but maybe refreshing it?

edit: It was the DisneyPlus twitter account that just tweeted it as an alert for this limited time deal

(guess it doesn't specifically say new)

1689971795680.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom