Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

KeithVH

You weren’t aware of why they found Orlando favorable?

…I think you missed Something along way back…

However Brazilians are NOT a significant portion of the travelers. That is the oldest red herring in the book.

communism-red-herring.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let me correct myself - I got two emails offering points for the summer that would be considered "last minute" (as in 3 months out) for $17/pt and I've gotten no less than 10 emails offering 0-7 month points for $17/pt from February onward, and specials on points at certain resorts for the 7-11 month period as well. So not quite as cheap as I thought, but still, DVC rental points are not moving.
No I think you are right

The rental sites will always charge more if they can get it

Last edited:

SamusAranX

I don’t know how much that’s affecting things. If you believe the recent statistics visits to Orlando theme parks are down across the board. Now, how much of that is “Family X is avoiding WDW because of political issues, and Sea World/Uni is catching a stray as they rely on WDW as a driver to the region” is anyone’s guess. But people are still visiting Florida in record numbers - it just seems the Orlando theme parks (not just Disney) aren’t benefiting from those travel tendencies.
I think it’s partially money concerns too. Families want to vacation but when even Sea World runs around 100 a person, for a family of four….it adds up. When I can go to a beach that’s basically free nearby….

wendysue

No I hear you…and agree with you.

I think the movement away is much more easily attributed to genie and lighting lane…watch the dining plan create all kinds of problems when it comes back too…than politics.

There’s a lot of hinting that politics are making a dent and experienced analysis leads to the conclusion it does not.

At lease please tell me it’s not Myrtle? 🤪
Definitely NOT Myrtle

UNCgolf

I personally love Hilton head and Charleston…HATE myrtle

There are some good restaurants and good golf courses in the Myrtle area, but I don't know why anyone would ever want to stay there. You can stay at much better places relatively close by (if you wanted access to Myrtle for whatever reason), like the barrier islands across the border in North Carolina, or even Pawleys Island -- which is very close to Myrtle to the south but infinitely nicer.

Trauma

I’ll never get why people think we plop $30,000 (less in my day…SUCKERS!!) plus thousands in annual fees to rent them?

It’s not a pyramid scheme. Dvc buy dvc - generally speaking - to hold onto it with fists clenched. My general experience
I rent my points out when I don’t want to go at all. What else am I going to do with them ?

I just use the $$$ and go somewhere else.

seabreezept813

Tower probably running 1 shaft too

Why is it only 15 for the Dull-a-tron?
Probably the dumbest decision they’ve ever made. ME was designed to make a Disney vacation easier and keep people on property, and it worked.

Our last trip was the first time we‘ve done a split stay with Universal, the lack of magical express was a big factor in that.
And bag delivery. We always did a meal at Dis Springs or character meal on arrival night because our bags would get to our room on their own. Now we just do a food court pizza, so less time for us to shop and spend money on pricier dining.

Chomama

And bag delivery. We always did a meal at Dis Springs or character meal on arrival night because our bags would get to our room on their own. Now we just do a food court pizza, so less time for us to shop and spend money on pricier dining.
I can’t tell you how much, as a mom of 4, I miss bag delivery and resort airline check in. Saved me bundles of time and energy arriving and departing with kiddos. That and resort package delivery so I could allow them
To get a big souvenir. Now they get one pin or small stuffed animal, we pack carry on only so not big shopping, use Uber only, and do grocery delivery. It’s just way less relaxing. Sigh. Missing those good old days.

Today was our last park day. We did notice an uptick in attendance but again nothing like a year ago. We come the same weekend every June. Last minute didn’t available
Almost everywhere. No horrible
Wait times.

I miss the little things and hoping some of them return. That said we used to come 5-7 times a year for long weekends and one big trip a year. We are down to 2 this year. Trying to find time for a third but we have gone to France and London for 3 weeks, Italy for Xmas and an rv trip
In July. Spending as much as we would at Disney. Usually do spring break or Xmas here. Doing Hawaii and skiing instead. We can 100% afford to do Disney. It just isn’t as enjoyable
As it was and we get more for
Our money in Europe even with the flight fare
Difference. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jrb1979

There are some good restaurants and good golf courses in the Myrtle area, but I don't know why anyone would ever want to stay there. You can stay at much better places relatively close by (if you wanted access to Myrtle for whatever reason), like the barrier islands across the border in North Carolina, or even Pawleys Island -- which is very close to Myrtle to the south but infinitely nicer.
We stayed in Myrtle just before COVID and we loved it. Then again we love places like Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can’t tell you how much, as a mom of 4, I miss bag delivery and resort airline check in. Saved me bundles of time and energy arriving and departing with kiddos. That and resort package delivery so I could allow them
To get a big souvenir. Now they get one pin or small stuffed animal, we pack carry on only so not big shopping, use Uber only, and do grocery delivery. It’s just way less relaxing. Sigh. Missing those good old days.

Today was our last park day. We did notice an uptick in attendance but again nothing like a year ago. We come the same weekend every June. Last minute didn’t available
Almost everywhere. No horrible
Wait times.

I miss the little things and hoping some of them return. That said we used to come 5-7 times a year for long weekends and one big trip a year. We are down to 2 this year. Trying to find time for a third but we have gone to France and London for 3 weeks, Italy for Xmas and an rv trip
In July. Spending as much as we would at Disney. Usually do spring break or Xmas here. Doing Hawaii and skiing instead. We can 100% afford to do Disney. It just isn’t as enjoyable
As it was and we get more for
Our money in Europe even with the flight fare
Difference. 🤷🏼‍♀️
First off…I worry about you…just a bit…

🤪…ok, joking aside…
Just pointing out what a mess it is if they lose your business in Orlando. It’s what they spent the first 40 years - literally - trying to build and maintain.

Happy travels.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
First off…I worry about you…just a bit…

🤪…ok, joking aside…
Just pointing out what a mess it is if they lose your business in Orlando. It’s what they spent the first 40 years - literally - trying to build and maintain.

Happy travels.
and she’s just one of many they are losing

The snowball is rolling downhill and continues to get bigger.

If only they understood their park guests and customers and made better decisions

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I kid…a little bit…but not really…about myrtle.
My grandparents moved their when it was “developing”…so I’ve been their too much and I find it tedious.
But it’s also geography. Myrtle is like “the Pittsburgh riviera”…I still know people who go every year and pound the place for 35 years.
Like…go someplace different! Skip a year and go to the Bahamas or SOMETHING, people…instead of going DAHN There.
We stayed in Myrtle just before COVID and we loved it. Then again we love places like Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge too.
I put pigeon forge way above myrtle. But that’s mostly memory as I was only there once and it’s been awhile.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
and she’s just one of many they are losing

The snowball is rolling downhill and continues to get bigger.

If only they understood their park guests and customers and made better decisions
The business of the TWDC has always been longterm brand loyalty and solid in good times and bad…not chasing quarterlies.

If you want to get rich quick off your stock portfolio…try Elon musk.

The mistakes now showing with handling parks customers leads directly back to Iger trying to chase quarterlies with a puppet, feckless board.
It’s a “branch” of the tree.

There is likely no way to avoid/stop it…but diagnosing the how? and why? is not hard at all.

ohioguy

Whenever I read comments like this, I’m always shocked to realize that people don’t pay off their credit cards every month. That’s such a ridiculous rate to pay. I couldn’t even tell you what rate is on any of my credit cards.
I had an aunt (god rest her soul) that ran up credit card after credit card, only paying the minimum each month. She once told the family, "I'll never pay it off, but I'll have fun in the meantime". This, sadly, is where many Americans mentality is when it comes to their credit card debt.

Lilofan

Whenever I read comments like this, I’m always shocked to realize that people don’t pay off their credit cards every month. That’s such a ridiculous rate to pay. I couldn’t even tell you what rate is on any of my credit cards.
That’s actually Fantasyland. Our economy is partly being fueled daily by consumers who have a slaves to debt mentality. One lady I knew that moved back to Chile had a credit card spending spree in FL , brought all she bought back to Chile. She had no intent in paying off her bills.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom