Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

you do understand lower crowds being reported and less operating income isn't a good trend right? especially with nothing new being added to the parks (attraction wise) likely in the next 3-5 years

Disney has increased pricing everywhere...EVERYWHERE...that is why revenue is higher. Similar to how Inside Out 2 set records for being the highest-grossing animated film of all time, We know that's not the best movie ever made, it just costs more to see movies now.
It’s the trend that the exec team with approval of the Board is on. Disney will be fine. And Inside Out is doing gangbusters! Cruise line / and international marks are doing better than domestic. Weird is still critics on Inside Out 2 highest grossing but not best movie made ? The millions that bought tickets that helped the movie be highest grossing will beg to differ.

Last edited:

LSLS

you do understand lower crowds being reported and less operating income isn't a good trend right? especially with nothing new being added to the parks (attraction wise) likely in the next 3-5 years

Disney has increased pricing everywhere...EVERYWHERE...that is why revenue is higher. Similar to how Inside Out 2 set records for being the highest-grossing animated film of all time, We know that's not the best movie ever made, it just costs more to see movies now.

Also, it's entirely possible revenue is up for the parks because Star Cruiser was last year (it is cited in their 2 sentences on all of Domestic parks) as being a reason revenue was up, we just don't know if it's the only reason.

Biff215

Weird is still critics on Inside Out 2 highest grossing but not best movie made ? The millions that bought tickets that helped the movie be highest grossing will beg to differ.
I bought one of those tickets. I found it far from one of the best movies ever made. In fact, if I could go back, I wouldn’t have bought that ticket and would have been happy waiting for it on Disney+.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s up there some may not agree but for the highest grossing animated film that’s an awesome accomplishment for TWDC !
you understand it's the highest grossing film because movie tickets are higher now than when let's say Lion King was released right? I think most would agree the Lion King was a better overall movie (just using that one as an example, there are many others, non-Disney as well)

Lilofan

you understand it's the highest grossing film because movie tickets are higher now than when let's say Lion King was released right? I think most would agree the Lion King was a better overall movie (just using that one as an example, there are many others, non-Disney as well)
Yes and the next highest grossing film some will make that same verbiage.

el_super

So... you're advocating for cost cutting?

It's all those awful labor unions and their agreements cutting into profits? All that park maintenance? What do you want to cut.

Revenue increasing is still showing strong demand. Even as that demand slows a bit, it's still way above what they were looking at in 2019 and still better than what their competition is looking at.

They are fine.

Disstevefan1

But some say it’s because of the high price tickets to see the movie !
The ticket prices are the ticket prices.

If enough folks buy tickets such that they make enough at the box office that the movie made more money than it cost them to make and market the movie. That’s good enough for me.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So... you're advocating for cost cutting?

It's all those awful labor unions and their agreements cutting into profits? All that park maintenance? What do you want to cut.

Revenue increasing is still showing strong demand. Even as that demand slows a bit, it's still way above what they were looking at in 2019 and still better than what their competition is looking at.

They are fine.
I’m advocating for better leadership and management. If the parks are the money maker, why have they not been investing more. The next 3-5 years are not going to be good for domestic parks

again…revenue increased because of higher costs on everything, not because of more guests

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This Is Fine GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom