Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

el_super

I’m advocating for better leadership and management.

To do what? Improve shareholder value or improve customer value? Revenue being up, and OI being down is a sign that they are spending MORE on the parks product, and you think that's a bad thing? Pick a lane already.

If the parks are the money maker, why have they not been investing more. The next 3-5 years are not going to be good for domestic parks

Entirely possible. If the country (or the world) enters a recession, things are going to be bad for everyone. Disney doesn't really have any control over that though.

el_super

LOL, remember when people were saying "I visited and it was packed as ever." Can't wait to hear more about how attendance isn't really down.

I thought it was posted earlier here that attendance for the year is still up? Makes sense that some times would be busier if other times are lean.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
To do what? Improve shareholder value or improve customer value? Revenue being up, and OI being down is a sign that they are spending MORE on the parks product, and you think that's a bad thing? Pick a lane already.

Entirely possible. If the country (or the world) enters a recession, things are going to be bad for everyone. Disney doesn't really have any control over that though.
Spending more is not buying more things. It’s paying more because the costs are so high and continue to go up while offerings and quality continue to decline

Disney has entered their own recession when it comes to the US parks. By their own doing which they have/had control over.

el_super

Spending more is not buying more things. It’s paying more because the costs are so high and continue to go up while offerings and quality continue to decline

Yes, as a statement of fact, spending more doesn't mean buying more things. In this case though the operating income isn't scaling with the increase in revenue, meaning they spent more money operating the parks in the last quarter. That's the reality of the situation: they are spending more money.

Insinuating that's a BAD thing is definitely a pro-shareholder/anti-consumer standpoint. If you want to advocate for increased offerings in the park, you need to SUPPORT these kind of results, less we be signaling a desire to see more cuts in the park to bring operating income back in alignment with revenue.

Disney has entered their own recession when it comes to the US parks. By their own doing which they have/had control over.

Yes, their own recession that is apparently also killing Comcast's theme park business as well. Quite cunning really. Who knew they were able to wield such power. 🤔

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Yes, as a statement of fact, spending more doesn't mean buying more things. In this case though the operating income isn't scaling with the increase in revenue, meaning they spent more money operating the parks in the last quarter. That's the reality of the situation: they are spending more money.

Insinuating that's a BAD thing is definitely a pro-shareholder/anti-consumer standpoint. If you want to advocate for increased offerings in the park, you need to SUPPORT these kind of results, less we be signaling a desire to see more cuts in the park to bring operating income back in alignment with revenue.

Yes, their own recession that is apparently also killing Comcast's theme park business as well. Quite cunning really. Who knew they were able to wield such power. 🤔
Thanks for the insight Bob.
Are you dizzy from today’s spinning?

Nubs70

If the prices were not all jacked up and guests still willing to spend the revenue would be much lower. The higher pricing with lower attendance is a fact of life moving forward unless there is a change.
Once fixed costs are covered, every additional gate click is additional incremental income.

Experiences needs higher gate clicks that purchase high margin merch. If Experiences want to grow instead of optimize, they need to expand the parks.

el_super

Once fixed costs are covered, every additional gate click is additional incremental income.

No, costs increase with additional attendance.

Experiences needs higher gate clicks that purchase high margin merch. If Experiences want to grow instead of optimize, they need to expand the parks.

The parks don't NEED high attendance. This thinking is outdated. Don't make me go pull out the quotes from the Six Flags CEO again.

el_super

Why does there need to be a choice? Disney used to be great at consistently increasing both.

Not really.

I’m wondering what temporary economic factors are causing people to travel internationally instead of visiting disneyworld. I mean, without the bs euphemisms… they’re losing customers. I think a better way to phrase it might we “we aren’t competitive anymore for vacation revenue”.

Strong US dollar making international travel cheaper, and of course the Olympics are usually a big draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom