Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
In regards to companies it’s the same company you and I have been supporting for many decades. It is irony that some critic the ones in charge but have never walked a second in their shoes to see what it takes to run a business.
Most Disney fans that have been around for a few decades can easily see the failures they have made and continue to make without ever walking in their shoes.

Lilofan

Most Disney fans that have been around for a few decades can easily see the failures they have made and continue to make without ever walking in their shoes.
Some of the same fans for some decades complaining of standing in lines too long to ride an attraction… then came fast pass , genie and some are still complaining not with standing in line but with pricing. A never ending complaint when changes happen and the same continue to feed the Mouse.

bwr827

There are obvious and massive failures on that list. Like how they mishandled the Star Wars franchise.

There are successes, too.

I’m hopeful they will begin to make meaningful new investments into the WDW offering, to better justify the steep price.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Some of the same fans for some decades complaining of standing in lines too long to ride an attraction… then came fast pass , genie and some are still complaining not with standing in line but with pricing. A never ending complaint when changes happen and the same continue to feed the Mouse.
You really don’t get it do you?

Let’s say you have a favorite restaurant and enjoy it and the atmosphere so much you keep going back again but you begin see that quality is going down, the atmosphere changes they are making aren’t as good, the prices keep going up, and some of your favorite menu items you’ve prepaid extra for you can’t get because their grill goes down so often when you go now.

Lilofan

Let’s say you have a favorite restaurant and enjoy it and the atmosphere so much you keep going back again but you begin see that quality is going down, the atmosphere changes they are making aren’t as good, the prices keep going up, and some of your favorite menu items you’ve prepaid extra for you can’t get because their grill goes down so often when you go now.
I get things change but guests continue to go to WDW and DL. Disney will be fine.

Lilofan

There are obvious and massive failures on that list. Like how they mishandled the Star Wars franchise.

There are successes, too.

I’m hopeful they will begin to make meaningful new investments into the WDW offering, to better justify the steep price.
Mishandled yes but it was Iger magic that Disney got Pixar Marvel and SW franchises under their belt. I’d like to see Black Panther land come into reality. Many a critics talked down that an all black cast and storyline of Black Panther would be a failure. The strong dissenting word was from Iger and he made that movie happen and the rest is history.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We used to like the Coral Reef restaurant went in 2017 had great service and the food was good, Went back in 2019 with my son wife and grand daughters the serve was abysmal - waited for ever to place our order -waited literally an hour to get our food (place was not that busy) the food was mediocre at best. Will never go back.

We revisit locations that have previously disappointed us and were pleasantly surprised at Coral Reef in December. They actually can prepare and present a steak better than the current California Grill which is unusual for a "seafood" restaurant.

John park hopper

We revisit locations that have previously disappointed us and were pleasantly surprised at Coral Reef in December. They actually can prepare and present a steak better than the current California Grill which is unusual for a "seafood" restaurant.
When you are paying WDW TS prices it should not be a gamble whether or not the service and food are good. Always have had great service and food at JIKO and they will get my business until they disappoint me

Last edited:

Lilofan

And both our families keep supporting even with the changes. We go to escape the real world and enjoy WDW which some may never experience in their lifetime.

ABQ

When you are paying WDW TS prices it should not be a gamble whether or not the service and food are good. Always have had great service and food at JIKO and they will get my business until they disappoint me
I have gone to Jiko every year since 2004, outside of I believe 2 missed years 2020-2021 and only one time was it a disappointment as the manager had changed. However, word got out swiftly that things were not as they once were and things went back to exceptional. Still think they are missing some of the fantastic server staff they once had, and that carries over to other areas of the parts, especially I would say EPCOT where it still seems that the closure during covid and loss of "cultural representatives" has not truly rebounded and we still see rando generic epcot fill in cast. Very obvious in Italy.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think we all hope this, I chuckle when people ask why there’s so many “haters” here, we’re here because we love Disney, we don’t hate it, we just hate many of the recent decisions.

If haters stop posting in forums like this Disney will be in huge trouble because that will mean their audience has lost hope, once that happens they’ve lost those guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom