Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

He knows 80’s sitcoms, bundled cable fees and how to throw hor d’oeuvres for agents and lawyers

The rest has become a struggle

And he started working at Disney in 1996…and did nothing anyone could identify for the first 8 years or so…

He was on the ovitz “don’t touch ANYTHING!!! 😡” plan
Ovitz walked away with the best exit package in the 1990s when he left Disney with over $100M.

CAV

Here is the parking lot at the Coronado Springs on 7/27/24. Desolate much?
1000016960.jpg

Lilofan

Bob? Spend a day in the parks with the poors without handlers?!?? Don't make me laugh.
If we are talking lifestyle , net worth and all the perks that go with it, yes others would be classified as poorer than the CEO and its not just Iger. When was the last time Jeff Bezos worth over $200 Billion spent time in an Amazon warehouse with the staff ?

Vegas Disney Fan

Has Bob ever spent a day in the parks experiencing what Guests have to go through. Seems the only time Bob goes to the park is to promote something ---there and gone
I can’t recall ever seeing reports of him in the park as a normal guest... I can recall reading stories of Walt Disney himself standing in lines and telling his management team to stand in lines though.

Willmark

You should see how much Apple have wasted on streaming services. I'm sure part of it acts as a marketing cost since they profit so much on merch and getting people to the parks.
Not a great comparison.

Apple could waste billions when they are worth trillions. Apple could literally waste the entirety of the market cap of Disney (around 164 billion) and still have trillions left over.

Point being? Disney can’t afford to waste money relative to other, far larger companies.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Not a great comparison.

Apple could waste billions when they are worth trillions. Apple could literally waste the entirety of the market cap of Disney (around 164 billion) and still have trillions left over.

Point being? Disney can’t afford to waste money relative to other, far larger companies.
One thing Disney can improve upon is advertising. Currently watching on TV a preseason match at Yankee Stadium with Man City vs AC Milan. At around the 40 yard line there is a huge advertisement at field level - " Orlando Universal Resort ".

Lilofan

I can’t recall ever seeing reports of him in the park as a normal guest... I can recall reading stories of Walt Disney himself standing in lines and telling his management team to stand in lines though.
Walt would not last leading the company current times if he practiced what he preached -" I don't make money to make movies, I make money to make more movies".

Lilofan

Iger rarely appears for Grand Openings unless it is a theme park. Years ago he supported his friend Adam Silver , NBA Commissioner when both showed up at the grand opening of the NBA Experience at Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom