Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney has a major problem here. Even if they announce additions to WDW, we likely won’t see anything opened for another 3-5 years and that’s after they begin which they haven’t yet so assume 2028 to 2030.

They may add some entertainment (night parade, etc) and are redoing test track, but what is going to be the draw the next couple of years and with Epic open down the road?

Are they going to be stagnant AND raise prices when they need more guests in the parks? That is a recipe for even more problems. That is my concern.

Jrb1979

Disney has a major problem here. Even if they announce additions to WDW, we likely won’t see anything opened for another 3-5 years and that’s after they begin which they haven’t yet so assume 2028 to 2030.

They may add some entertainment (night parade, etc) and are redoing test track, but what is going to be the draw the next couple of years and with Epic open down the road?

Are they going to be stagnant AND raise prices when they need more guests in the parks? That is a recipe for even more problems. That is my concern.
Agreed. IMO a lot of it is due to spending so much money trying to get D+ going that they decided to neglect the parks and charge more to cover D+ losses.

Lilofan

As attendance falls I see the current administration doubling down with higher prices, reducing staff, implementing new charges, eliminating or charging for the few remaining "free" perks, reducing hours, slowing of routine maintenance. Gotta keep Wall Street happy making profits
Its called " quarterly capitalism " to impress the Street. Disney isn't the only player in this game.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wonder what this chart would look like now

1720367350378.png

TrainsOfDisney

They have plenty of options if they want to spend some money - filling the parks with characters and live entertainment is an easy quick fix. They could add a nighttime show to DAK and make the shows at MK, DHS, and Epcot more elaborate.

Adding parades, even if they are small and basic by Disney standards, would also help. DAK, DHS, and Epcot could all use them.

John park hopper

They have plenty of options if they want to spend some money - filling the parks with characters and live entertainment is an easy quick fix. They could add a nighttime show to DAK and make the shows at MK, DHS, and Epcot more elaborate.

Adding parades, even if they are small and basic by Disney standards, would also help. DAK, DHS, and Epcot could all use them.
Key
They have plenty of options if they want to spend some money
They don't

mje1064

I guess no extended hours are going to be add for the next 2 weeks or so for the parks. Must be another indication they expecting lighter crowds to continue for a while.

Nubs70

View attachment 797624
1st - the chart needs to be fleshed out to 2023-2025 median home income.

Now the median home income has to be adjusted for the reduction in purchasing power as the result of inflation.

A reasonable guesstimate would be:
1. Keeping ticket price fixed at 2015-2016 level.
2. Reducing MHI by 20% due to inflation. Thus dropping MHI to the 5% level on the secondary y-axis.

Effectively placing MHI in the 2005.- 2006 region with a ticket price in the 2015-2016 region.

WDW has an expection of 2016 ticket prices on a 2006 median home income.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

$10,000 a week is a little past Mickey and some boomy things

Disney climbed the price mountain…and is now getting buried under its own avalanche

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

View attachment 797624
It’s bonkers out of whack…we’ve seen similar charts littered across threads the last few years
Can one of the resident spin artists put some pixie dust on this.

The way I see it we are entering into dark times for the parks.
…oh…they’ll try to get around it…
Your clearly depressed, the only way I can help is say that maybe you should take a break from the boards and social media. Like for a month.
…right on queue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom