Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Very few people are that level of over the top fan boys and honestly, if they are, who cares what they think. They are just limiting their own potential enjoyment.

Reality is that most people don't hate any of the parks in Orlando, they just may not be for them.
Few of the total traveler pool…sure

But guess where a high percentage of those there are hang out?

Lilofan

Why would it drop? Overnights have it even.
All I care about is the overall market and record setting numbers of the Dow and Nasdaq. Nasdaq forecasts to open + 170 points at opening bell Monday morning. My portfolio is the highest it’s ever been thanks to the outperforming stock market! The TWDC stock is just a drop in the bucket for us. It’s beyond risky to buy the stock directly. Majority of stock holders are institutional investors like myself.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yes. It's hard for me to see a path forward out of this unless the leadership is willing to take hits on profits for a period of time to rebuild the brand to what it was in the past. Because they need to cut prices, invest in building/plussing, hire significantly, etc in order to reverse the trends going on. Basically, they need to go back to "wowing" guests as opposed to having them just tolerate what they get as a "rite of passage" and think they are replaceable.
It kind of feels like history is repeating itself, which will hopefully lead to another Disney revival. Disney has gone through boom/bust cycles a few times before, with both the studios and the parks, so although it looks grim this is likely our best hope for the future.

I think the most favorable path forward is attendance continues to decline until the board/investors see the value in investing back into the parks and they hire another Disney fan to lead the company. I’m not a huge Eisner fan (primarily because of his latter years) but he was the perfect hire (along with Wells) in the 80s to revitalize Disney and save it, we need another Eisner/Wells at the helm that are fans first and businessmen second.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It kind of feels like history is repeating itself, which will hopefully lead to another Disney revival. Disney has gone through boom/bust cycles a few times before, with both the studios and the parks, so although it looks grim this is likely our best hope for the future.

I think the most favorable path forward is attendance continues to decline until the board/investors see the value in investing back into the parks and they hire another Disney fan to lead the company. I’m not a huge Eisner fan (primarily because of his latter years) but he was the perfect hire (along with Wells) in the 80s to revitalize Disney and save it, we need another Eisner/Wells at the helm that are fans first and businessmen second.
Disney has never had a “bust” in a “boom” before. That is the most alarming thing.

The other problem is Eisner/wells had a secret weapon

Roy E…I’ve long argued…was the most important person in Disney history

More than his father and uncle.

We are fresh out of Roys

Tha Realest

We haven’t been tracking this…but I can’t imagine them NOT doing massive staffing squeeze/reductions

Been along time since mandatory 4 days…or they can just bring chapek back and they can stupidly lay everyone off again
If you believe some rumors, they’ve already cut staffing to the bone.
The next recourse is to start breaking the bones (some wings, hotels, attractions, experiences, or restaurants go seasonal).

DisneyCane

Disney has never had a “bust” in a “boom” before. That is the most alarming thing.

The other problem is Eisner/wells had a secret weapon

Roy E…I’ve long argued…was the most important person in Disney history

More than his father and uncle.

We are fresh out of Roys
Maybe not in park attendance but the competitive landscape was a lot different in prior booms. The studio is a different story. Before Beauty and the Beast in 1991 the studio hadn't been doing great for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom