Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

seabreezept813

European vacations are more affordable minus the scams some places try to swindle the tourists into and the frequent street protests that close off areas where we wanted to visit.
I’ve wanted to believe this but anytime I price out Europe just the flights alone are about 70% of our total cost of Disney. Add in hotels, food, things to do, trains etc and it's like 5k more for us.

Tha Realest

I’ve wanted to believe this but anytime I price out Europe just the flights alone are about 70% of our total cost of Disney. Add in hotels, food, things to do, trains etc and it's like 5k more for us.
Yeah, I kept hearing how it’s cheaper to go to Europe and I’m like 1) where are you flying from, 2) how much do you usually spend at WDW, and 3) is there a DVc rental market in Rome and Florence?

Jrb1979

That's my original point, there is no way Disney should compared to luxury vacations.

Lilofan

We’ve gone with party of 2 with all of what you have mentioned and it’s less than a week at WDW.

UNCgolf

Satuli Canteen
Docking Bay 7
Flame Tree BBQ
Friar Nook (Tater Tots)
Harambe Market
La Cantina
Regal Eagle
Ronto Roasters

From the top of my head are far superior to their equivalents off property for a $12-$20 QS meal. What were the last 5 park QS locations you ate at in the parks?

I'm not counting EPCOT Festival booths.

I said most, not all. There are a few exceptions, and you've mentioned some of them. Definitely disagree on Regal Eagle, though -- it's not terrible, but it's mediocre BBQ. Polite Pig is a much better option on property if you want BBQ.

I also don't think I'd call any of those clearly superior to other off-site options, they just aren't worse. But people have different tastes, so I'm not saying you're wrong to feel otherwise.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

but most of the QS/TS restaurants (especially in the parks) aren't good enough to justify the price.
I was very pleasantly surprised with quick service at Port orleans - some really good options and good portion for the price.

Last Table Service I had was Brown Derby and it wasn’t cheap but I felt it was worth it. Great service, good food, well presented and of course great atmosphere l.

So there are still some good options. But some really lousy ones too.

JD80

I said most, not all. There are a few exceptions, and you've mentioned some of them. Definitely disagree on Regal Eagle, though -- it's not terrible, but it's mediocre BBQ. Polite Pig is a much better option on property if you want BBQ.

I also don't think I'd call any of those clearly superior to other off-site options, they just aren't worse. But people have different tastes, so I'm not saying you're wrong to feel otherwise.

Must be some light goal posts.

JD80

I repeated literally the exact same thing I said in the post you quoted -- that most (not all) of Disney QS in the parks is mediocre to poor.

I'm not sure you understand what moving the goal posts is.

There are roughly 30 QS restaurants in the parks. I can name 10 that are better than most conventional Panera level type restaurants you'd fine in most places. That's nearly 1/3 that are pretty high quality for a "quick service" type of food.

Maybe another 10 are on par. So your "most" statement is pretty silly.

UNCgolf

There are roughly 30 QS restaurants in the parks. I can name 10 that are better than most conventional Panera level type restaurants you'd fine in most places. That's nearly 1/3 that are pretty high quality for a "quick service" type of food.

In your subjective opinion, which is the defining point here.

I disagree that there are 10 that are pretty high quality for "quick service" type of food, especially since essentially every single QS option at Disney Springs is better than similar QS offerings in the parks. The Disney Springs QS options are honestly better than most of the in park TS meals, too.

Again, it's fine if you feel otherwise, but that's just your personal opinion. It's not an objective truth. The Disney QS is generally better than what's offered at other parks like Universal, so they're ahead of the curve there, but it's not exactly a good value in terms of general dining.

Nubs70

For myself, I save Hilton points for Europe. I am heading to Portugal for 2 weeks this August with 8 days in Hiltons and the balance at AirBnb. Hiltons in Europe have an actual edible breakfast buffet unlike in the US with powdered eggs and Denver omlets the consistency and flavor of a nerf football. Lunch is some simple street food. Dinners are incredibly affordable ( TS for 2 for about $25-$30 total). The plane fare is the most painful part.

Nubs70

Yeah, I kept hearing how it’s cheaper to go to Europe and I’m like 1) where are you flying from, 2) how much do you usually spend at WDW, and 3) is there a DVc rental market in Rome and Florence?
Similar in price but not vastly cheaper. Flights are the big differential but food is wildly cheaper and better quality.

I go to grocery stores just to compare prices. In a small grocery store in downtown Madrid, prices were about 25% -30% of what I pay in the US.

hopemax

People who are doing Europe are often using miles / points for the flights. Since we got the Chase Sapphire card we have used points for flights to Hong Kong, Tokyo twice and Paris. Hotels, food, attractions are cheaper if you put in a fraction of what it takes to figure out how to do WDW cheap and well.

We had dinner at a bistro in the Latin Quarter in Paris in December, and my Dad can’t stop talking about it. $90 for cappuccinos, escargot, 3 entrees and crème brûlée.

C33Mom

For everyone describing how much cheaper food is in Europe, please know this is (in large part) due to an incredibly strong US dollar (and Fed interest rate policy) and I would be reluctant to assume that will be the case by summer 2025 (though it’s certainly possible!). We were able to find R/T coach fares for less than $1000 each from California—it also costs us 300-450 R/T to MCO, so the Europe flights seem relatively cheap, but it’s probably relatively worse for people who can drive or train to WDW.

WDW quick service is less expensive compared to our Southern California fast casual/takeaway options…I haven’t been to all of the options on @JD80’s list, but I have been to several and they are all great, so I’m inclined to try the rest. If you take the time to identify the best QS options in each park, there are gems to be found. Unfortunately, we often end up doing TS because we want to get away from the heat and the crowds…and those meals are often overpriced, even by big coastal city standards (though the kids meals are still a value at many).

Love Cracker Barrel and have done IHop as well. There is a new Cheesecake Factory not far and their brunch was pretty awesome. The Frozen Bellini was outrageous!! Marie
where is the cheesecake factory. im coming from the UK and have seen 1 at the florida mall (i believe). is there 1 closer to disney springs

hopemax

For everyone describing how much cheaper food is in Europe, please know this is (in large part) due to an incredibly strong US dollar (and Fed interest rate policy) and I would be reluctant to assume that will be the case by summer 2025 (though it’s certainly possible!). We were able to find R/T coach fares for less than $1000 each from California—it also costs us 300-450 R/T to MCO, so the Europe flights seem relatively cheap, but it’s probably relatively worse for people who can drive or train to WDW.
The Dollar vs the Euro is not that far off from what it was from 2015-2020. .85-.91 vs .93 (now). The dollar does not have the same strength against the Euro, as compared to something like the Japanese Yen, which is so weak it's like everything is a 30% discount.

LSLS

Maybe another 10 are on par. So your "most" statement is pretty silly.
I don't know, just the ones you listed, I think Canteen and maybe Harambe are better. Flame Tree I've been to 2 or 3 times, and it's been really bad each time. Docking is Ok, but I'm not putting it over anything outside at the price. La Cantina is ok, but again, I'm not taking that over others. Regal I don't find to be that good either. Admittedly I've never done Ronto, cause neither of the 2 entrees sound the least bit appetizing to me. I definitely can't find 20 that I'd say are on par or better than something outside.

But, to UNC's point, it's different tastes to an extent. I can find a place in 3 of the 4 parks to eat that is alright. MK I legit leave and head to like the Polynesian to eat. If we include Disney Springs QS things look a lot different too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom