Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

JD80

I also live on Staten Island and again it depends on where you are going both at home and at WDW. Some are reasonable, some arent. In Staten Island, you do have more of a choice as to where you are going to eat though in terms of price point as you are probably driving to a restaurant, so it is just a question of where you want to go, what you want for type of food and how fancy you feel like being. In WDW you may be in a park and limited in your options or dont choose to leave the property again limiting your options. Marie

This is the same conversation with the same people. Here are all the facts we settled on last time.

• Some areas of the country are more expensive than others.
  • Within each area of the country there are cheap and there are more expensive places to buy food.
  • WDW is on par, roughly, with some of the more expensive places to live. This is more than just "here in NYC".
  • When you travel to any resort, you are typically restricted to the options provided to you at that resort and there is a built in expectation of cost.
  • However, being in WDW does not restrict you from having food delivered to you with a reduced cost.
Any article describing how expensive WDW food is without the context of the broader economy is worthless.

JD80

European vacations are more affordable minus the scams some places try to swindle the tourists into and the frequent street protests that close off areas where we wanted to visit.

European vacations are typically not more affordable that many domestic vacations. Airfaire alone is typically around $1000 give or take 30%. Family of four you're already spending $4000 before you do anything.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Agreed. I was having this discussion the other night with a friend. We were discussing the breakfast option at Topolino's Terrace. There is no way I would spend $50 per adult for breakfast. Not a shot. Im sure the food is great and Im sure the character interactions are lovely but this is definitely not worth it for me. Marie
Marie, at a QS it costs $20+ for a bagel sandwich, coffee, and an OJ. This is not reality.

Also In what world is $10 for a slice of plain cardboard pizza (That takes 20 minutes to serve to you) even remotely normal?

UNCgolf

The cost itself isn't really an issue at WDW -- I expect a small upcharge for being at a theme park, but other than that it's not significantly more expensive than the food I eat at home (albeit with some exceptions).

The quality is the problem rather than the price itself. I'd have no issues with the price if the quality was up to par, but most of the QS/TS restaurants (especially in the parks) aren't good enough to justify the price.

JoeCamel

This is the same conversation with the same people. Here are all the facts we settled on last time.

• Some areas of the country are more expensive than others.
  • Within each area of the country there are cheap and there are more expensive places to buy food.
  • WDW is on par, roughly, with some of the more expensive places to live. This is more than just "here in NYC".
  • When you travel to any resort, you are typically restricted to the options provided to you at that resort and there is a built in expectation of cost.
  • However, being in WDW does not restrict you from having food delivered to you with a reduced cost.
Any article describing how expensive WDW food is without the context of the broader economy is worthless.
If you think this is repetitious then you should see the star bores ones.....

Jrb1979

The cost itself isn't really an issue at WDW -- I expect a small upcharge for being at a theme park, but other than that it's not significantly more expensive than the food I eat at home.

The quality is the problem rather than the price itself. I'd have no issues with the price if the quality was up to par, but most of the QS/TS restaurants (especially in the parks) aren't good enough to justify the price. There are some exceptions, though.
That goes especially for the character dining. Those buffets have some of the worst food and are definitely not worth the cost

wannabeBelle

Marie, at a QS it costs $20+ for a bagel sandwich, coffee, and an OJ. This is not reality.

Also In what world is $10 for a slice of plain cardboard pizza (That takes 20 minutes to serve to you) even remotely normal?
Next time we are down there together, remind me to drag you offsite to some good options. Not pizza though, I havent found a good place for that....yet. Marie

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Agreed. I was having this discussion the other night with a friend. We were discussing the breakfast option at Topolino's Terrace. There is no way I would spend $50 per adult for breakfast. Not a shot. Im sure the food is great and Im sure the character interactions are lovely but this is definitely not worth it for me. Marie
And I agree with you. I don't do breakfast (just coffee), but if I did, I wouldn't spend $50 on it.

Oh, and I also refuse to shell out $3.50/4 for a WDW bottle of water, lol.

wannabeBelle

And I agree with you. I don't do breakfast (just coffee), but if I did, I wouldn't spend $50 on it.

Oh, and I also refuse to shell out $3.50/4 for a WDW bottle of water, lol.
I do breakfast and I still wouldnt spend $50 on it. Oh and that $50 dollars is exclusive of coffee, that is additional. Seriously folks?? Boma at $37 with all you can eat of a ton of different options which includes POG juice, coffee and tea as well is a better deal. Also there are still one or two sit down options at the resorts that are must do meals for me. Marie

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I do breakfast and I still wouldnt spend $50 on it. Oh and that $50 dollars is exclusive of coffee, that is additional. Seriously folks?? Boma at $37 with all you can eat of a ton of different options which includes POG juice, coffee and tea as well is a better deal. Also there are still one or two sit down options at the resorts that are must do meals for me. Marie
On the rare occasions we're craving breakfast, we leave the 'bubble' and go to the Cracker Barrel on Irlo Bronson (about 15mins away). Love their pancakes!

JD80

The cost itself isn't really an issue at WDW -- I expect a small upcharge for being at a theme park, but other than that it's not significantly more expensive than the food I eat at home (albeit with some exceptions).

The quality is the problem rather than the price itself. I'd have no issues with the price if the quality was up to par, but most of the QS/TS restaurants (especially in the parks) aren't good enough to justify the price.

I find the QS at WDW in the last few years to be quite good compared to the likes of Panera, Chipotle or whatever else.

JD80

I think the QS at Disney Springs is really good but most (not all) of what's available in the parks is mediocre at best.

Satuli Canteen
Docking Bay 7
Flame Tree BBQ
Friar Nook (Tater Tots)
Harambe Market
La Cantina
Regal Eagle
Ronto Roasters

From the top of my head are far superior to their equivalents off property for a $12-$20 QS meal. What were the last 5 park QS locations you ate at in the parks?

I'm not counting EPCOT Festival booths.

wannabeBelle

On the rare occasions we're craving breakfast, we leave the 'bubble' and go to the Cracker Barrel on Irlo Bronson (about 15mins away). Love their pancakes!
Love Cracker Barrel and have done IHop as well. There is a new Cheesecake Factory not far and their brunch was pretty awesome. The Frozen Bellini was outrageous!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom