Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

JD80

In your subjective opinion, which is the defining point here.

I disagree that there are 10 that are pretty high quality for "quick service" type of food, especially since essentially every single QS option at Disney Springs is better than similar QS offerings in the parks. The Disney Springs QS options are honestly better than most of the in park TS meals, too.

Again, it's fine if you feel otherwise, but that's just your personal opinion. It's not an objective truth. The Disney QS is generally better than what's offered at other parks like Universal, so they're ahead of the curve there, but it's not exactly a good value in terms of general dining.

What are the last 5 QS restaurants that you've been to in the parks that aren't EPCOT food booths and when? I think context is important.

Obviously opinion is subjective, but these restaurants are generally praised so it's not so much a outlier opinion much like yours. And of course Disney Springs has better QS options overall, it's a dining and shopping district.

TrainsOfDisney

People who are doing Europe are often using miles / points for the flights.
Miles and points still count though, it’s more miles and points to go to Europe vs. domestic.
We were able to find R/T coach fares for less than $1000 each from California—it also costs us 300-450 R/T to MCO, so the Europe flights seem relatively cheap
that’s still around double the flights to mco though.

I’m looking at a trip to Europe soon, really want to see Disneyland Paris and ride the steam trains in England - but I don’t see how it’s significantly cheaper than WDW.

ConfettiCupcake

The Europe vs Disney comparison is rarely apples to apples in my opinion. Are the European vacations including admission into some sort of premium entertainment venue daily, or is a Disney trip being compared to a trip that is much heavier on sightseeing and exploring which often times doesn’t require admission or is much less expensive? Is it onsite in the bubble meals vs eating ‘offsite’ (anywhere) for the European vacation?

Jrb1979

The Europe vs Disney comparison is rarely apples to apples in my opinion. Are the European vacations including admission into some sort of premium entertainment venue daily, or is a Disney trip being compared to a trip that is much heavier on sightseeing and exploring which often times doesn’t require admission or is much less expensive? Is it onsite in the bubble meals vs eating ‘offsite’ (anywhere) for the European vacation?
Agreed. IMO you can't compare the 2. To me Disney is an upgraded Cedar Point long weekend. It's a middle class theme park not a luxury vacation for whales.

Jrb1979

So your theory is that Disney should generally ignore complains about overcrowding and go for a straight volume business like a regional operator?
Add more capacity and it wouldn't be a problem. Give guests something to do. Add back more parades, Streetmosphere and shows and crowding would less an issue.
Regional operators that closes a few months every year. Those staff need to get another gig to pay their bills.
What's that got to do with any of this?

Lilofan

Add more capacity and it wouldn't be a problem. Give guests something to do. Add back more parades, Streetmosphere and shows and crowding would less an issue.

What's that got to do with any of this?
Parades and streetsmosphere are not revenue breakers. Thousands stake their spot prior to Showtime not spending money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom