Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

JD80

They say all press is good press:

56% isn't bad over 10 years.

A recent report by USA Today used survey information compiled by a team of reporters in 18 markets across the country to compare prices over the past 10 years. The survey found that an average medium Big Mac meal has risen in price from $5.69 in 2014 to $9.72 in 2024, an increase of about 70%. The price of a medium Big Mac meal ranged in price from $7.89 in Houston to $15 in Seattle.

DisneyHead123

To be fair, I think Disney gets sky high demands regarding what its output is supposed to be. Ever expanding offerings plus ever better employee compensation plus globally and environmentally conscious programs. All those things cost money.

I’d want to know exactly where their profits have gone before judging. If randos on Wall Street are pocketing them to buy a bigger yacht, that’s one thing. If they switched to humanely sourced meat, better employee health insurance, and eco conscious construction, that’s another.

doctornick

You think it won’t come with express pass?

It’s kinda what the Universal Deluxes are known for.

I think it will come with Express and Early park entry.

Universal would be smart to draw a very clear picture of what a great value it is when compared to Disney.
I wouldn’t be surprised if EU in general doesn’t have Express (while the other parks still do) at opening. I guess we’ll see

Lilofan

A recent report by USA Today used survey information compiled by a team of reporters in 18 markets across the country to compare prices over the past 10 years. The survey found that an average medium Big Mac meal has risen in price from $5.69 in 2014 to $9.72 in 2024, an increase of about 70%. The price of a medium Big Mac meal ranged in price from $7.89 in Houston to $15 in Seattle.
Yes all that is true but some also say wages are stagnant. That's a fact. Here's another fact. Some workers are stagnant too.

Last edited:

Nubs70

To be fair, I think Disney gets sky high demands regarding what its output is supposed to be. Ever expanding offerings plus ever better employee compensation plus globally and environmentally conscious programs. All those things cost money.

I’d want to know exactly where their profits have gone before judging. If randos on Wall Street are pocketing them to buy a bigger yacht, that’s one thing. If they switched to humanely sourced meat, better employee health insurance, and eco conscious construction, that’s another.
Humanely sourced meat?? Sharper knives?

Nubs70

Check out the Quant rating section.

Disone

Ignite only being weekends will do that too. Even though I know it will be more crowded I’m still going to SWO on a Friday so that I get to see Ignite.
It's daily now starting today and through at least August 4th. After that I assume it will go to Friday Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day weekend.

Lilofan

Back in the day McDonalds had a huge convention on I-Drive in Orlando. The CEO was one of the guest speakers. One evening he had chest pains in his suite at the Peabody and died of a heart attack. Fast food is killing America.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
They say all press is good press:
"One of the things that we addressed as soon as I came back was whether our pricing was right or not and whether our pricing reflected value. I don't know when the last time you visited Disney World. I say it's where the Disney brand lives in its most sublime form. I still believe that it's an incredible experience. It's a very, very popular business and product. Very successful and, you know, we're not wringing our hands over it."
1718651349852.png

uNpreCEdenTeD dEmAnd!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom