Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So the parks are dead but look at the wait times.

It’s time for the hardcore to come to terms with the fact that WDW is currently a terrible product.

People are going to be put off, in the social media age bad word of mouth spreads quicker than it use too.

How does the most important division of the company have no leadership?

The only plan that they seem to have is raise prices, raise prices, raise prices.

It’s like they are trying to put on a masterclass in how to destroy brand loyalty.

What are you doing Disney?
The wait times are not reflective of the aggregate crowd levels today

Shocking

It will probably be more busy over the next three days…but maybe not

70% occupancy? That’s pathetic

PREMiERdrum

I think I've seen you post about this before, but I may be confused. Is the resort as a whole near the point when restaurants start being open only a few days a week, etc.? I know Toledo has been like that for years, but I can't think of another one.

Capacity and staffing have been cut at a not insignificant number of restaurants over the past few months. I wouldn't be shocked for a couple spots to go offline after summer if things don't pick up.

Any idea of what percentage of the resorts is offline?
I don't know of a cumulative number, although I'm sure one exists. The quality of data I hear varies by individual resort, but it's not hard to spot just about anywhere.

pigglewiggle

Capacity and staffing have been cut at a not insignificant number of restaurants over the past few months. I wouldn't be shocked for a couple spots to go offline after summer if things don't pick up.

I don't know of a cumulative number, although I'm sure one exists. The quality of data I hear varies by individual resort, but it's not hard to spot just about anywhere.

Ah. That's too bad. We won't be back until 2027 at the earliest so was hoping to have a great trip.
Thank you.

If wait time are down I’m fine with this. Hopefully it continues so you can do more in the day. Don’t get me wrong it’s nice to have a crowd and an atmosphere.

Drdcm

Do you know what they’re trying to do to address it? It doesn’t seem like they’re really doing anything

Lilofan

85% used to be defcon 2 level catastrophic
Defcon 3 or 4 had to be when we were there shortly after 9/11. At MGM , Fantasmic only performed a few nights a week and Prime Time was open on Tue Thu Sat and and Hollywood and Vine was open on Mon Wed Fri Sun as some of the cutbacks.

CntrlFlPete

A broken system. Ever since they got rid of the lanyard they would have to guests entering the queue, they make a rough estimate of wait based on the length of the line

I just not get how anyone can say they can judge the wait time by looking at the queue length, no clue how Disney would be able to teach folks to get it correct. I say this for I do not know how one knows the queue configuration, number of switchbacks open, cemetery by pass open or closed at the HM. Sure Disney would know this, but could they train folks to know different markers based on floor space being used for the queue?

My last post already discounted the reason about selling G+

OK -
Not inflated to sell G+
Not encouraged or desired by Disney to inflate wait times, even if it makes folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 minutes.

Form my last post that leaves -
A honest mistake?
A broken system?

I think there is a LOT you are leaving in your evaluation.

IT was mentioned as well as GENI + sales. The data folks would have designed algorithms to estimate wait times. Those equation MIGHT assume a certain amount of LL usage w/o updating based on attendance, usage of time slots open/close to expiring and/or actual GENI+ sales. Let's say 10 minutes here/this is where I feel one can luck out against the posted time if LL use is lightly than predicated

There is a possibility that the consultants told them they could increase customer SAT scores by padding the time a bit and beating the expectation they offered you. I could see this being 5 to 10 minutes.

I know nothing about how Disney does things.

I guess it would fall as broken, but really it is how it is designed regardless of how one looks at it. My guess is their big data folks are not as able to wrangle the proper data points they need or they are not giving the budget/time to deliver the correct code/formulas/properly used statistics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom