Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Grimley1968

A broken system. Ever since they got rid of the lanyard they would have to guests entering the queue, they make a rough estimate of wait based on the length of the line

Besides, those lanyards were kind of fun. I always got a Barney Fife-like thrill out of being the guest chosen to carry it.

Anyway, I thought it was a good system; they just needed more lanyards for guests to carry so the updates would be more frequent.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Its on par with the assumption that everywhere you go in the parks you are on canid camera with security tracking everyone all at once
Just like the idea that at WDW they collect your fingerprints at theme park entrances but not at DLR at theme parks entrance. Not to catch criminals but to catch ticket fraud.

peter11435

@Sirwalterraleigh what are we defining a posted 65 minute wait time that is actually 41 for the mine train?

If its not FAKE, what do we call when this happens?
A honest mistake?
A broken system?
A inflated time to make folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 and not to sell G+?
It’s not on purpose to sell more Genie+. The people determining what time is posted on the wait time sign/app don’t care about how much Genie+ is being sold.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
See 41 minutes is in my range for Mine train.

You bring up a good point.

The posted wait times are FAKE to make folks want to buy Genie+ and ILL!!!!!!
We were there from 05/12 - 05/18. The waits tended to be 2/3 of what was posted. These trends are actually reflected in the touring plans app. @lentesta

There are a few exceptions, but its generally true. I've been timing WDW waits since about 1980 and historically there have been times when the waits were very accurate. Not the case at the moment.

Disstevefan1

It’s not on purpose to sell more Genie+. The people determining what time is posted on the wait time sign/app don’t care about how much Genie+ is being sold.
I am sure they don't care, but I bet their managers do!

Lets say NO ONE cares about selling G+
OK, no one cares about selling G+ and ILL. Then why are the posted wait times wrong?
A honest mistake?
A broken system?
A inflated time to make folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 minutes?

peter11435

I am sure they don't care, but I bet their managers do!

Lets say NO ONE cares about selling G+

OK, no one cares about selling G+ and ILL. Then why are the posted wait times wrong?
A honest mistake?
A broken system?
A inflated time to make folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 minutes?
No, they don’t.

And I can assure you that inflated posted wait times are not encouraged nor desired by Disney. Not to increase Genie+ sales or for any other reason.

There are a combination of reasons why they are often over inflated, increasing Genie+ sales is not one of them.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Not going through all our group texts, but our last park day was MK on 05/17. We were 6 adults and constantly exchanging info as we often weren't doing the same thing.

Peter Pan - 9:09 AM, posted wait 60 min, actual wait 14 min
Jungle Cruise (no time stamp on texts after PP) - posted wait 50 min, actual wait 32 min
Haunted Mansion - posted wait 20 min, actual wait 7 min
PotC - Posted wait 15 min, actually a walk on
BTMRR - posted wait 60 min, actual wait 43 min

So there you go. I could go back in time throughout the week. I believe there was one example where the wait was longer than the posted wait and one example where the wait time was essentially correct.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Based on my observation there was great variability in how aggressive lightning lane folk were being boarded. And how many LL folk were showing up during your time in the queue. But, even when the LL flow seemed steady it seemed like there was variability in how quickly stand by was loaded. Sometimes I would look for a pattern. Like on FEA we would stand still for 5 minutes and then 50 or so people from standby would be let in. That pattern seemed to hold up. But, other times there seemed to be no pattern to the stand by release rate even if the LL was always occupied. I'm guessing there is some cast member to cast member variability. I have no idea if there is supposed to be.

Disstevefan1

No, they don’t.

And I can assure you that inflated posted wait times are not encouraged nor desired by Disney. Not to increase Genie+ sales or for any other reason.

There are a combination of reasons why they are often over inflated, increasing Genie+ sales is not one of them.
My last post already discounted the reason about selling G+

OK -
Not inflated to sell G+
Not encouraged or desired by Disney to inflate wait times, even if it makes folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 minutes.

Form my last post that leaves -
A honest mistake?
A broken system?

peter11435

OK -
Not inflated to sell G+
Not encouraged or desired by Disney to inflate wait times, even if it makes folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 minutes.

A honest mistake?
A broken system?
As I said. There are many reasons.

pigglewiggle

Occupancy is currently in the 70s, *not* counting all the inventory offline. On Friday of a major holiday weekend and the start of summer break.

Not great, Bob.

I think I've seen you post about this before, but I may be confused. Is the resort as a whole near the point when restaurants start being open only a few days a week, etc.? I know Toledo has been like that for years, but I can't think of another one.

AEfx

OK -
Not inflated to sell G+

A honest mistake?
A broken system?
They've always been this way, as far as I can remember.

I honestly don't think I've ever stood in line at WDW and the wait been as long as the sign said, unless the attraction actually broke down while I was in line.

Jrb1979

Occupancy is currently in the 70s, *not* counting all the inventory offline. On Friday of a major holiday weekend and the start of summer break.

Not great, Bob.
I know it's not the same but i just looked at availability for this weekend for Sandusky Ohio for Cedar Point and there is maybe 5 hotels left for rooms in the city.

It may not be the same type of vacation but it does say a lot for a long weekend that Cedar Point can fill hotels but Wdw struggles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom