Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Jrb1979

See 41 minutes is in my range for Mine train.

You bring up a good point.

The posted wait times are FAKE to make folks want to buy Genie+ and ILL!!!!!!
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. The reason they are inaccurate has nothing to do with that. They don't have a system to properly tell wait times in the past when they had the red lanyard system. Now it's just an estimate based on checkpoints in the queues.

Trauma

See 41 minutes is in my range for Mine train.

You bring up a good point.

The posted wait times are FAKE to make folks want to buy Genie+ and ILL!!!!!!
What confuses me in this topic is I believe @lentesta says wait time are mostly accurate, but everyone who is posting here from the parks says otherwise. ( As has been my personal experience )

I’m tagging lentesta because I can be completely wrong, and don’t want to put words in his mouth.

Grimley1968

What confuses me in this topic is I believe @lentesta says wait time are mostly accurate, but everyone who is posting here from the parks says otherwise. ( As has been my personal experience )

I’m tagging lentesta because I can be completely wrong, and don’t want to put words in his mouth.

I agree with this. I think sometimes the posted wait time seems inflated to guests after they complete a ride because an event happens (lunch time, trying to make a scheduled ride elsewhere, etc.) occurs while in line that causes people to leave the line, and the wait ends up being reduced by a few minutes. I also think they'll always round up wait times rather than round down, just to manage guest expectations to some degree.

Disstevefan1

@Sirwalterraleigh proved today that at least the mine train posted wait time was FAKE.

Disney's system for calculating wait times is either broken or they are inflating times on purpose.

Both possibilities I can believe.

James Alucobond

Why are other parks busy today on the last day of school? If it was busy there would little availability for resorts all weekend.
What other parks? I don’t see any sort of comparative analysis in the past few pages. As for your second sentence, it doesn’t make sense to me. Typo maybe?

Epcot81Fan

So the parks are dead but look at the wait times.

It’s time for the hardcore to come to terms with the fact that WDW is currently a terrible product.

People are going to be put off, in the social media age bad word of mouth spreads quicker than it use too.

How does the most important division of the company have no leadership?

The only plan that they seem to have is raise prices, raise prices, raise prices.

It’s like they are trying to put on a masterclass in how to destroy brand loyalty.

What are you doing Disney?
The parks are run by revenue management people, not showmen.

They only understand and concern themselves about squeezing more per cap out of every person who comes, not ensuring they leave as ambassadors of the product.

Once people understand this fundamental difference, all of the rest of their decisions make "sense", but expecting them to care about guest experience, "wow'ing" their guests, or positive word of mouth is not even on their radar screen of concerns.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

What other parks? I don’t see any sort of comparative analysis in the past few pages. As for your second sentence, it doesn’t make sense to me. Typo maybe?
There is no comparative analysis going on. Just pointing out other parks across the country are busy today so they do take kids out of school.

As far as my second sentence, it pertains to this weekend as a whole. Resorts have lots of availability so today is just the beginning to most likely a quiet weekend.

James Alucobond

There is no comparative analysis going on. Just pointing out other parks across the country are busy today so they do take kids out of school.
I assumed there would be actual evidence of this somewhere in the past few pages if you were just going to toss it out as fact. Also, most people have to hop on a flight to WDW or Universal, whereas many other parks draw a larger proportion of their guests from regional attendees.
As far as my second sentence, it pertains to this weekend as a whole. Resorts have lots of availability so today is just the beginning to most likely a quiet weekend.
We’ve known bookings were soft for a long time. That hasn’t always directly correlated to in-park attendance these days when some of the resorts are as overpriced as they are.

Disstevefan1

I don’t think it’s fake

I think it’s completely dependent on how many they sell each day.

Wasn’t a lot…it seems
@Sirwalterraleigh what are we defining a posted 65 minute wait time that is actually 41 for the mine train?

If its not FAKE, what do we call when this happens?
A honest mistake?
A broken system?
A inflated time to make folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 and not to sell G+?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@Sirwalterraleigh what are we defining a posted 65 minute wait time that is actually 41 for the mine train?

A honest mistake?
A broken system?
A inflated time to make folks feel better when its posted at 65 and you only wait 41 and not to sell G+?
I think Disney IT isn’t nearly as intuitive as we assume.

I think it assumes X amount of lighting lane sales…and they are coming in under today

Jrb1979

A honest mistake?
A broken system?
A broken system. Ever since they got rid of the lanyard they would have to guests entering the queue, they make a rough estimate of wait based on the length of the line

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Las Vegas Blessing GIF by Spiegelworld

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom