Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

eliza61nyc

If it does I’m very pretentious. I love seeing the real world. Traveling is the best.
I really think it's one of the reasons I don't go into meltdown over Disney like some of the purist. While I do love the mouse world it's always been one of a number of places we alternate with, and we've found places just as magical
Helps keeps things in perspective

DisneyCane

Travel while you can because later in life one can't anymore. YOLO.
I would say travel while you can because later in life you MIGHT not be able to anymore. Some people stay healthy enough and have few enough physical issues to travel into their golden years and be able to enjoy it.

My dad "hit the wall" on being able to handle travel when he was around 76.

Miss Bella

I would say travel while you can because later in life you MIGHT not be able to anymore. Some people stay healthy enough and have few enough physical issues to travel into their golden years and be able to enjoy it.

I so agree. If you have the means to travel don't put it off to old age. Touring cities especially in Europe can require miles and miles of walking every day. European cities are not handicapped-friendly. I don't think I've ever seen a mobility scooter in Europe.

wannabeBelle

I so agree. If you have the means to travel don't put it off to old age. Touring cities especially in Europe can require miles and miles of walking every day. European cities are not handicapped-friendly. I don't think I've ever seen a mobility scooter in Europe.
So true!!! Marie

Miss Bella

So true!!! Marie
It really hit home on our trip to Europe this Summer. I'm a runner and I developed a stress fracture on the femoral condyle of my knee about 2 months before our trip. The miles of walking was a killer. I would not want to do that if I was 20 years older and had bad arthritis or other chronic pain issues. The older I get the less I regret all the money I've spent having fun in my younger years.

celluloid

It really hit home on our trip to Europe this Summer. I'm a runner and I developed a stress fracture on the femoral condyle of my knee about 2 months before our trip. The miles of walking was a killer. I would not want to do that if I was 20 years older and had bad arthritis or other chronic pain issues. The older I get the less I regret all the money I've spent having fun in my younger years.

The concerns of Japan were similar. Not ADA or toddler stroller based culture in terms of transit in most places. I agree to never put off traveling. Family health and traveling are two things I have never regretted spending money on.

Gearbm95

I didnt mean to imply they shouldn't market it. But the term "luxury" is used quite loosely. But I completely understand your point in terms of marketing.

But if the person who rents the home for 5 days on their vacation with several other couples feels the desire to describe it as "luxurious and private", they're just lying to themselves.

There is a big difference between a "luxury 4 br home in Celebration" vs The 4 Seasons. And yes there is also a substantial price difference. To each his own though.

The rooms are nicer than anything in Value or Moderate resorts. Not having strangers kids around while trying to have a morning coffee is luxury in itself lol.

Lilofan

USA has the Americans with Disabilities Act, I do not think Europe has anything similar.

Lilofan

I always think of people who travel the world as adventurous. You don't always need a ton of money. I have middle-aged friends who still do the hostel thing in Europe. I couldn't do it I need my privacy.
Shared bathrooms aren't my thing. I like my private room w/ private bath.

Lilofan

The ones who are strong enough and financially able enough to be full time cruisers , all the power to them. Waking up in a different country, the choice to enjoy the amenities of the ship or exploring the nearby sights, etc.

Drdcm

The ones who are strong enough and financially able enough to be full time cruisers , all the power to them. Waking up in a different country, the choice to enjoy the amenities of the ship or exploring the nearby sights, etc.
Interestingly, assuming health is still stable. It can be cheaper to perpetually cruise than live in assisted living. I have patients that do this, and it fascinates me.

Lilofan

Interestingly, assuming health is still stable. It can be cheaper to perpetually cruise than live in assisted living. I have patients that do this, and it fascinates me.
Whether it be going to WDW or full time cruising on Celebrity for years like the famous FL senior Mama Lee who the crew refers to her as can be a non medical prescription to enjoy life and be pampered. .

wannabeBelle

This first hit home for me when I did a river cruise out of Budapest, down the Danube into Austria and Germany. Walking up and down the hills on cobblestone streets was a killer!! One of my friends lost a full dress size tracking around on that trip. Although I will say hiking up and down the hills of Santorini, Greece, which I did recently, was not for the faint of heart. After this walking around World Showcase is going to be a breeze!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom