Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Bocabear

I think one of the problems I have with big businesses is they way they react. This interview talks about how they had 3 year post pandemic "boom". Did they really believe that was going to be the normal. I believe it's one of the issues with shareholders, they have one or two years of good double digit gains for whatever reason and that becomes the new "minimum".
All business...Covid taught them they could operate with less staff, and while the reduced staff worked their butts off to keep things together, management decided they could do business fewer employees no matter how much harder it is for the reduced staff to keep going...so now it is the new normal...
and then they will blame their shortcomings on reduced staff due to Covid...truth is they don't want to pay to hire better workers...

Miss Bella

Lilofan

I pay 120 for the executive membership with 2% back. I get a check at the end of the year for over that so it’s free. If you book cruises through Costco you get 8% of the cost of the cruise in the form of a gift card plus the 2%. Costco is worth it for my family
And its a cheap place also to get gas!

Lilofan

It's worse than most people realize. Banks are in trouble. They have derivative exposure up the Wazzoo. The bond market seems to have calmed down the last few days, but I think we're in for another rough few years.
The good part is companies are actively hiring so the ones who say they can't find a job, there is more to that story.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
home in Celebration w/private hot tub
Are there homes with "public" hot tubs?

Lodging - 4BR luxury home in Celebration
What exactly makes it "luxury"?

and stay in luxury accommodations
Disney Resort > House.

Is there a bar and restaurant(s) in the house? Views of a theme park? A pool? Is there housekeeping? A concierge desk? Maintenance crew if something goes wrong? Free transportation? A sundries store?

I'm not saying there are no advantages to a house, but for a Disney trip, the resorts offer so many wonderful accommodations, IMO. And yes, you pay more for it. But worth it,

TheMaxRebo

What exactly makes it "luxury"?

Disney Resort > House.

Is there a bar and restaurant(s) in the house? Views of a theme park? A pool? Is there housekeeping? A concierge desk? Maintenance crew if something goes wrong? Free transportation? A sundries store?

I'm not saying there are no advantages to a house, but for a Disney trip, the resorts offer so many wonderful accommodations, IMO. And yes, you pay more for it. But worth it,

I assume by "private" it mean the house has a pool right at the house just for people at the house vs a community pool/hot tub

We stayed at a house that was 5 minuntes from Animal Kingdom (so closer than some of the resorts) had 8 bedrooms, it's own pool - plus the community had a pool and hot tub and tiki bar with food. Highly themed rooms (to Disney and Universal) and was $220 a night (probably a little more now, this was a few years ago)

If you have a decent sized group a house can make a ton of sense, but are downsides of course ... most likely need a car (or else spending a lot on Uber, etc), if something goes wrong, uncertainty around fixing it,

Like everything, there are pros and cons and people weight things differently

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I assume by "private" it mean the house has a pool right at the house just for people at the house vs a community pool/hot tub

We stayed at a house that was 5 minuntes from Animal Kingdom (so closer than some of the resorts) had 8 bedrooms, it's own pool - plus the community had a pool and hot tub and tiki bar with food. Highly themed rooms (to Disney and Universal) and was $220 a night (probably a little more now, this was a few years ago)

If you have a decent sized group a house can make a ton of sense, but are downsides of course ... most likely need a car (or else spending a lot on Uber, etc), if something goes wrong, uncertainty around fixing it,

Like everything, there are pros and cons and people weight things differently
I just find it amusing when renters dress up the description with words like "private" and "luxury". Everything in a house is "private" if it's only for use of the houseguest. "Private refrigerator " , private kitchen sink, private laundry room storage cabinet. Yes they are private by that definition but then so is everything in a hotel room.

And if there are 6 houseguests in the "private hot tub" is that much different than sitting in a hot tub at Disney with other people? Only difference would be you know the people in the hot tub.

Trauma

I just find it amusing when renters dress up the description with words like "private" and "luxury". Everything in a house is "private" if it's only for use of the houseguest. "Private refrigerator " , private kitchen sink, private laundry room storage cabinet. Yes they are private by that definition but then so is everything in a hotel room.

And if there are 6 houseguests in the "private hot tub" is that much different than sitting in a hot tub at Disney with other people? Only difference would be you know the people in the hot tub.
It’s called marketing.

If it was your house what would you say?

Completely average house with some lumpy beds!!

Book now!!

Miss Bella

The good part is companies are actively hiring so the ones who say they can't find a job, there is more to that story.
Yeah there are a lot low paying service jobs. If you think the job market is easy you need to spend a little time on the Reddit forums with people that have been looking for jobs for months.

Miss Bella

Fed Reserve can't raise rates fast enough to kill inflation. Each rate increase causes regional banks to go underwater.
It wouldn't kill inflation because it's a supply problem. The money supply is shrinking at the fastest rate since there great depression and it's not helping. War is also inflationary and that seems to be where we are headed.

The global economy and all the things going on in the world have more of an effect on WDW attendance than Genie +, bad food, or ride breakdowns. It may be a little worse for Disney this time around because they aren't what they once were.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

Yeah there are a lot low paying service jobs. If you think the job market is easy you need to spend a little time on the Reddit forums with people that have been looking for jobs for months.
Yes that's true but if it was me and bills are due, debts need to be paid I would be proactive and hustle to earn income instead of to keep looking for that job and pay one is seeking.

MickeyLuv'r

I don’t need to spend an entire trip on property or visit all the parks. I go every couple years, it’s about curating a fun and relaxing trip for a group. Not a rat race form rope drop to close with ADRs and all that.
Bah! I've done short trips, and they are okay, but a REAL visit = full rat race!

🤪 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀:)

[Though I should perhaps clarify, I do not want to see any rats beyond character rats like Rizzo in the Muppets and the Ratatouille characters in Epcot.]

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It’s called marketing.

If it was your house what would you say?

Completely average house with some lumpy beds!!

Book now!!
I didnt mean to imply they shouldn't market it. But the term "luxury" is used quite loosely. But I completely understand your point in terms of marketing.

But if the person who rents the home for 5 days on their vacation with several other couples feels the desire to describe it as "luxurious and private", they're just lying to themselves.

There is a big difference between a "luxury 4 br home in Celebration" vs The 4 Seasons. And yes there is also a substantial price difference. To each his own though.

erasure fan1

Yes. There are plenty of communities with a pool area only for that community. When we were originally looking for a house, we passed on one that had it because the dues were too high because of that. My sisters in-laws have a 2nd home on a lake and they have it for all the houses that are part of that community.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes. There are plenty of communities with a pool area only for that community. When we were originally looking for a house, we passed on one that had it because the dues were too high because of that. My sisters in-laws have a 2nd home on a lake and they have it for all the houses that are part of that community.
I was referring to the hot tub actually being located on the property of the home (such as in the backyard). I was only joking about the use of the term "private" when it's clearly not for public use if it is in the backyard of a house.

Everything is "private" at a residence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom