Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

MickeyLuv'r

If any locate to Central FL, WDW needs cast members to fill open positions.
Out of curiosity, I just searched, and Maersk currently has FL offices in Tampa and near Ft Lauderdale (Miramar). Port Lauderdale is one of the deeper East Coast ports, or at least it used to be.

If any of the layoffs are at those two locations, then applying to work at WDW might be an option for some. (not necessarily, just theoretically an option),

Last edited:

Miss Bella

Yes that's true but if it was me and bills are due, debts need to be paid I would be proactive and hustle to earn income instead of to keep looking for that job and pay one is seeking.
Yeah but if you were making 100k a year a 15.00/ hr job is probably not going to pay your bills. I know it wouldn’t pay mine. It’s certainly not going to pay for a WDW trip. Since the topic is WDW attendance a decrease in good paying jobs will certainly have an affect.

Tony the Tigger

Yeah but if you were making 100k a year a 15.00/ hr job is probably not going to pay your bills. I know it wouldn’t pay mine. It’s certainly not going to pay for a WDW trip. Since the topic is WDW attendance a decrease in good paying jobs will certainly have an affect.
That’s not the parameters by which you make that decision when you’re out of work, unless you don’t care about eating or your credit score - or your pride or personal responsibility.

Miss Bella

Do you always ignore what someone just said and change the subject?
I believe you are the one that changed the subject. Sure if someone loses their high paying job they can work a minimum wage job. I’m not sure that going to save their house or feed their family. It didn’t during the last recession. Engineers competing for jobs at Target is not going to save us.
Let’s hope things don’t get that bad again. Most of us are having enough trouble keeping up with inflation as it is.

Tony the Tigger

I believe you are the one that changed the subject. Sure if someone loses their high paying job they can work a minimum wage job. I’m not sure that going to save their house or feed their family. It didn’t during the last recession. Engineers competing for jobs at Target is not going to save us.
Let’s hope things don’t get that bad again. Most of us are having enough trouble keeping up with inflation as it is.
So directly responding to something in your post is changing the subject?

Shortest conversation I’ve ever had on this forum.

Miss Bella

So directly responding to something in your post is changing the subject?

I responded back to your opinion? I’m more interested in the overall economy than personal responsibility if someone loses their job. I think we’re talking about two different things.

Tony the Tigger

I responded back to your opinion? I’m more interested in the overall economy than personal responsibility if someone loses their job. I think we’re talking about two different things.
You seem a bit confused. To clarify, this:
meant the conversation is over.

celluloid

One can only hope. I was hoping to have an interesting conversation on the global economy and the effects it would have on WDW, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Maybe another day.

Another poster on here sure could. Some here when they don't like what is said just hit ig kre or personally attack. The Internet was always the internet, but this board got really bad once Disney changed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom