Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So far it's been close to the "prior to Covid" crowds even with the temperatures in the low 90s this week. That park with capacity issues (HS) will always have long lines no matter what the attendance is because there's not that much to it. The two after hours parties we've attended (lower and higher price points, weekend and mid week) were average attendance.

Miss Bella

🤯 wow we did 6 days in the park and did Genie plus for 1 Park( mk) and 1LL (rise of the resistance) less than 100 bucks (3 adults).
Everything else we did standby or VQ. Full disclosure: the mom lady, aka me, doesn't do RnR or tower of terror or space mtn. So the kiddies did single rider some times.
4 adults genie+ every day and a few ILL it adds up. This was May of 2022. We were there on the opening day of Cosmic Rewind. The parks were pretty crowded. I think we bought our tickets with the Genie+ add-on. I don't think that's an option anymore. We were probably there at the peak of travel taking off last year after Covid. Now it's tanking due to the economy.

Marionnette

I dont know who they you are referring to but if you are talking about my cousin and lifelong friends who have been going for years upon years. Yes im caught they are lying as well as i am…. Gotta love the internet
I don't think they're lying. I'm sure that it feels just as busy as ever to them. Disney can do things during slower periods that make the wait times just as long as they are during average periods.

But there are undeniable indicators that point to lighter attendance such as lower G+ and ILL$ prices, the length of time that VQs remain available, readily available ADRs at popular restaurants, etc.

Vegas Disney Fan

I don't think they're lying. I'm sure that it feels just as busy as ever to them. Disney can do things during slower periods that make the wait times just as long as they are during average periods.

But there are undeniable indicators that point to lighter attendance such as lower G+ and ILL$ prices, the length of time that VQs remain available, readily available ADRs at popular restaurants, etc.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… a 10-20% drop in attendance will not be noticeable to most guests, especially with the parks reducing staffing in anticipation of lower crowds. I’m sure to the people in the parks it feels just as busy as ever, the people noticing are the accountants looking at the books every night.

Splash4eva

And that was basically the point i was making in the beginning & ultimately to us as guests thats all we really care about are wait times etc. So if wait times are still far from short & parks are not empty the experience people are having regarding this area is not changing drastically hence why people are saying what they are.

Thepuma

Im genuinely confused and curious as well because everyone i know that have gone my cousin who is there currently all say the same thing. Place is far from
empty and lines are far from short… i dont know what to believe or take from it anymore
Everyone needs to look outside the box on this.

I've been in the parks every day for the last 3 weeks and I can tell you it's very very busy - I come to Orlando 2 or 3 times a year and it's certainly as busy as I've known it (Possibly not quite as busy as the week before Xmas) -people don't have to believe me, but it is what it is.

Disney arent reducing prices because the parks are empty, they are doing it because the parks are FULL. They know full well if the park is full and they can tempt another 1000 people into each park each day...it will most likely end up with more and more people buying G+ and LL+ becaise they are fed up with the long queue times...so it's a win win for Disney.

It will make the park even more busy and miserable for more people, but you must know by now Disney does not give a damn about guest satisfaction, at this point its 100% about the money.

Thepuma

And that was basically the point i was making in the beginning & ultimately to us as guests thats all we really care about are wait times etc. So if wait times are still far from short & parks are not empty the experience people are having regarding this area is not changing drastically hence why people are saying what they are.

It's become clear now, that most the people who are saying the parks are quiet are those that either have never been or haven't been for a long long time.

Not sure what their agenda is, but it's giving people the wrong impression..amd may even tempt many to book an extra holiday to Disney on the back of it.

Ayla

It's become clear now, that most the people who are saying the parks are quiet are those that either have never been or haven't been for a long long time.

Not sure what their agenda is, but it's giving people the wrong impression..amd may even tempt many to book an extra holiday to Disney on the back of it.
People who are saying attendance is down are not going by wait times, which are easily manipulated. They are going by other quantifiable factors, such as the alarming rate room discounts are being offered, the local ticket offer announced today (which is a steal) and restaurant availability, just to name a few.

"Feels busy" is not a quantifiable metric.

Thepuma

People who are saying attendance is down are not going by wait times, which are easily manipulated. They are going by other quantifiable factors, such as the alarming rate room discounts are being offered, the local ticket offer announced today (which is a steal) and restaurant availability, just to name a few.

As per my earlier post...The parks are BUSY, I've been here 3 weeks and Disney and Universal are packed..very very busy.

Disney are reducing prices to get thousands more into the busy parks, so the lines get even longer and voila, they sell more G+ and LL+.

It's a clever move and one which will be highly profitable. They know that if they can increase that stand by queue from 90 minutes to 120 minutes, it will be a breaking point for some, pushing them into buying G+ and LL+.

What I do think is lower in sales is the Resprt rooms. People have been financially pushed to the brink at the Parks and so people are deciding to still go to Disney but stay off property.

Thepuma

'Feels busy' is definitely quantifiable.

If you go regularly..as in, you've been over 100 times...you get a feel for the parks and what is busy and what is not.

You can't just ignore a regular because a regular knows what a quiet day and a busy day feels like..through experience. They've been through every sort of day at these parks and they will know within an hour of being in the park how that day will pan out with queues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom