Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Interestingly enough I received a request to consider taking part in a live moderated focus by Disney Destinations. It is 90 minutes and if selected they will provide you a $200 Disney gift card. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

Someone is giving the research group a budget for sure which means that GSR’s must not be good.
I received one of those last year. Unfortunately I was unable to take part in the focus group as I was recovering from surgery.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This wasn’t from Adventures by Disney - it was from the same group that sends out the post-park stays and specifically noted it’s about my recent trip to WDW.

The email noted there will be no sales pitch and they will not attempt to sell any product during the call:
Ah, then... hope it goes well for you!

Thepuma

Disbeys reputation must be in tatters... their 2 biggest most profitable rides (Tron and Rise) are riddled with issues.

There's just no value in paying $140 to get in, then forking out another $20 to get on a ride that isn't fully functional and isn't the full experience

Tron I rode 6 times last week...on 3 occasions the audio/visuals before the take off weren't in sync and caused a delay to the take off. I've also noticed that the visuals aren't in sync ever on the front 2 rows.

Shocking for a new ride thats raking in millions.

JD80

They could have, but I think the goal wasn't increasing revenue as much as it was reducing the usage of Fastpass. Fastpass was great for awhile, but when everyone uses it, it cannot work. It was a mistake to offer it for free in the first place.
@Tony the Tigger

Comparing 2019 to 2023, the price for a family of four with 5 tickets is around $700 more expensive (adjusting for inflation). That means, they've increase the cost of a ticket by $33 dollars beyond inflationary pressures in four years.

I made a chart a few months ago (Family of four, 19% inflation)

1695123995973.png

Thepuma

@Tony the Tigger

Comparing 2019 to 2023, the price for a family of four with 5 tickets is around $700 more expensive (adjusting for inflation). That means, they've increase the cost of a ticket by $33 dollars beyond inflationary pressures in four years.

I made a chart a few months ago (Family of four, 19% inflation)

View attachment 743769

And even that doesn't tell the full story as to get a like for like day, you'd need to add G+ and LL+.

This is many peoples arguments...dont ramp up the price and take at every turn if your product and your service is going down and down.

Tony the Tigger

And even that doesn't tell the full story as to get a like for like day, you'd need to add G+ and LL+.

This is many peoples arguments...dont ramp up the price and take at every turn if your product and your service is going down and down.
What that conveniently ignores is the price of everything has gone up.

So many were pushing for CMs to get a “living wage.” You think that’s not getting absorbed by price increases?

2019 is over. The pandemic coincided with a call for everyone to make $15-$20 per hour (an increase of $7-$12 per hour) no matter their job or skill set. Prices (with some exceptions) are staying up for the long haul, possibly settling down a smidge but not going back to 2019 even in a recession.

LSLS

My last trip there in 2019.

And which park would that be? According to Thrill-Data, wait times are shorter now in AK and MK than in 2023, but longer in Epcot and DHS. Of course, lots of other factors play into that, but I'm not seeing any data backing up that wait times were much longer in 2019 than in 2023 today.

JD80

So, you haven't even used G+ at WDW yet?

G+ is functionally better than FP+ at least for a family of 5. The only downside is cost and brain drain of project managing your day starting at 7AM. I very much dislike these downsides, but I got more rides out of it than FP+ days.

Dranth

So, you haven't even used G+ at WDW yet?
I have. Multiple times over multiple trips and G+ is objectively better than FP+. Sure, I knew exactly how to manipulate FP+ to get the most out of it if I wanted to but not everyone did and those that didn't had a FAR worse experience.

Bottom line, FP+ was great for a small group at the extreme end and was average to terrible for everyone else. G+ is an opt in, equal access option that improves the experience for MOST people that use it in terms of number of rides and which rides the user has access to. Sure, it has plenty of downside but, it is a better system.

irmonkey

Disbeys reputation must be in tatters... their 2 biggest most profitable rides (Tron and Rise) are riddled with issues.

There's just no value in paying $140 to get in, then forking out another $20 to get on a ride that isn't fully functional and isn't the full experience

Tron I rode 6 times last week...on 3 occasions the audio/visuals before the take off weren't in sync and caused a delay to the take off. I've also noticed that the visuals aren't in sync ever on the front 2 rows.

Shocking for a new ride thats raking in millions.
"Why would anyone fork out $20 to get on broken rides? Anyway -- so I rode Tron 6 times in the past week..."

🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom