Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

el_super

So, you haven't even used G+ at WDW yet?

Nope.

Just so we’re clear - you’ve been stridently defending an offering (G+) which never existed in your visit(s) to the parks and, thus, have never used ?

I wasn't even defending G+ as much as I was saying free Fastpass had to go away. Any system that removes the free for all option, and the problems that Fastpass brought on, is a step in the right direction.

Thepuma

Like for like how? I just checked the wait times. How are you able to get more attractions done in 2019 with longer waits than today?
Regarding cost... in 2019 the FP+ was included in the ticket cost. Now your entry charge has significantly increased, but also, to get like for like as 2019 you'd have to buy G+ $25 and 1 x LL+ $20 ...so the price rises are way more than people initially think.

Thepuma

"Why would anyone fork out $20 to get on broken rides? Anyway -- so I rode Tron 6 times in the past week..."

🙄

3 times were LL+ 3 were free on VQ

The 3 times on LL+ when I paid, the ride was working correctly.

On all the VQs which were free, the ride played up.

So after 3 rides it was great, then the 4th went badly wrong...but was a free VQ, so I never paid again, just got 2 more VQs.

So my comment stands.

Cheers 👍

😂😂😂

Miss Bella

Regarding cost... in 2019 the FP+ was included in the ticket cost. Now your entry charge has significantly increased, but also, to get like for like as 2019 you'd have to buy G+ $25 and 1 x LL+ $20 ...so the price rises are way more than people initially think.
A family of four could easily spend 200 a day between the two. I believe the last time we went over the course of 5 days we spent around 700 on g+ and ILL. That was 700 we didn’t spend on merchandise or dining. It decreased the quality of our trip by cutting our some of our favorite places to eat.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So Florida residents can get a 4 day park hopper for $68.75/day, or $275. That same ticket is a $705 ticket the week of Thanksgiving on the website. If you’re a Florida resident that’s a $430 discount.

But tell me again how the parks are business than they’ve ever been.
…considering they only invite locals in when they can’t get “the whales”?

…what can we deduce?

Last edited:

Splash4eva

More steep Discounts and gimmick tickets announced today…

…but hey…those crowds are “Up” 👍🏻👍🏻
Im genuinely confused and curious as well because everyone i know that have gone my cousin who is there currently all say the same thing. Place is far from
empty and lines are far from short… i dont know what to believe or take from it anymore

eliza61nyc

A family of four could easily spend 200 a day between the two. I believe the last time we went over the course of 5 days we spent around 700 on g+ and ILL. That was 700 we didn’t spend on merchandise or dining. It decreased the quality of our trip by cutting our some of our favorite places to eat.
🤯 wow we did 6 days in the park and did Genie plus for 1 Park( mk) and 1LL (rise of the resistance) less than 100 bucks (3 adults).
Everything else we did standby or VQ. Full disclosure: the mom lady, aka me, doesn't do RnR or tower of terror or space mtn. So the kiddies did single rider some times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Im genuinely confused and curious as well because everyone i know that have gone my cousin who is there currently all say the same thing. Place is far from
empty and lines are far from short… i dont know what to believe or take from it anymore
Bookings are still down. A lot.

I would advise - and we got a pattern here - to not look at wait times on an app for a “guide” to crowds…or profits.

eliza61nyc

So I was there 9/5 to 9/16. It seemed to us that it was on the shorter side EXCEPT for 7 dwarf mine ride and slinky dig dash. Those two consistently had 90 minute waits.
We were able to get VQ for tron and guardians without any fuss. Rise of the resistance was 60 minutes when we got to hs.
We usually get to the parks around 930.

Now the week we went it was Africa hot, no joke. By noon the real feel temp was 100°+ . The lines died by the afternoon a few days.

The only other issue we found was the days of that stupid Halloween party artificially increased Epcot. That darn things was 3 or 4 times

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom