Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

There are 1000 people who don't know what "poor" means?

I'm pretty sure the top 10% of earners can afford to go to WDW.
Some of the wealthy in my neighborhood that I work out with at the local gym are taking off 2 weeks currently. One texted me family having a great time in the UK then going to Italy. The others are cruising the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean. None have a desire to spend their money at WDW. They can afford , just do not want to go.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Protect the CHEESE!!!

🥶🧀🥶
Perfect weather for it, just grab a fresh baguette

1692916485636.png

jannerUK

After 20 odd days doing Disney & Universal I would say that outside HS & MK the parks had the feel of less busy.

It was interesting with G+ being bought that although it gave us walk on rides we got such a long dragged out window to book. 11am slot for HM for 1.30. Compare this to AK or Epcot we were often booking rides in an book/inlane/ride/book carousel. Genie+ enabled us to whizz and see benefits.

The only for me though was MK on a half day. It was so empty that we whizzed around the park and felt leisurely.

Universal was everytime we went pretty much dead. We had less than 20min wait for all rides.

I guess using MK I'd a bad barometer to gauge low attendance at WDW. Guess sane should be said of HS.

Lilofan

Perhaps less travel because they do not have the money to do so?
I would say America lives to work instead of work to live. A number of my peers are driven in their work ethic and or some don't want to take too much time away from work for a vacation for fear of being replaced or job eliminated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would say America lives to work instead of work to live. A number of my peers are driven in their work ethic and or some don't want to take too much time away from work for a vacation for fear of being replaced or job eliminated.
Well that’s just our backwards idea of money and work…nothing has changed they’re for 100 years

wannabeBelle

I would say that many people are still traveling or vacationing. They are just not choosing the same things they did previously. I was on a sailing on the Wonder of the Seas in late June and it was almost a totally full sailing of over 6000 guests plus of course the crew for the ship. Is that a case of finding a better value in cruising? A more desirable experience sailing to the Western Caribbean? Something different from what they have done previously as what they have done before has become too expensive/difficult/ complicated to deal with? I think it is a combination of factors but it is definitely showing up in the numbers for WDW. Marie

AEfx

Some of the wealthy in my neighborhood that I work out with at the local gym are taking off 2 weeks currently. One texted me family having a great time in the UK then going to Italy. The others are cruising the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean. None have a desire to spend their money at WDW. They can afford , just do not want to go.

This is exactly what we have been saying for the last few years was bound to happen - though I'm not sure what is more surprising, that it took this long, or it happened so soon.

Disney priced their way out of the reach of the audience it had built. For a time, there were enough people to pay the higher prices to compensate, especially with the post-pandemic "we gotta get out of the house!" boon.

But those people were one and done. They were not the type that was going to start coming every year. When you have that kind of money to spend regularly on vacations, there are limitless options - and given the lack of "magic" at WDW right now, it's no wonder none of them caught the pixie bug.

Lilofan

I would say that many people are still traveling or vacationing. They are just not choosing the same things they did previously. I was on a sailing on the Wonder of the Seas in late June and it was almost a totally full sailing of over 6000 guests plus of course the crew for the ship. Is that a case of finding a better value in cruising? A more desirable experience sailing to the Western Caribbean? Something different from what they have done previously as what they have done before has become too expensive/difficult/ complicated to deal with? I think it is a combination of factors but it is definitely showing up in the numbers for WDW. Marie
Cruising with our family is world class service given to us by the hard working crew. The crew so of whom we got to know work 12-13 hours a day 7 days a week months at a time before their contract ends. If some of them can transfer to WDW then surely guest service will be vastly improved and perhaps so can attendance.

Ayla

"From Yahoo! Finance:

The share of Americans rolling their credit card debt from month-to-month is for the first time higher than the portion who pay their bill in full, according to a new survey.

J.D. Power found that 51% of Americans can’t pay off their entire balance each month and instead let it revolve to the next month, accruing interest, according to its annual credit card satisfaction survey. The remaining 49% — called transactors — can pay their bill in full each month…"

Everything is fine. I'm sure the rich will prop up Bob's Folly. Oh wait...

"from Bloomberg:

In a nationwide survey of over 1,000 objectively wealthy Americans — defined in this case as making at least $175,000 a year, roughly the amount required to crack the top 10% of US tax filers — a full quarter told us they were either “very poor,” “poor,” or “getting by but things are tight.” Half described themselves as just “comfortable” …

At a time when pretty much everything is more expensive, including cars, tuition, travel and groceries, over half of respondents in our survey said they worry about money.

Some 25% don’t think they’ll be better off financially than their parents. And many have considered moving to a different part of the country, joining the pandemic exodus away from high-cost cities to areas of the US with lower taxes and a cheaper cost of living."

This Is Fine GIF
Unless you live in a major metro area, you're doing just fine on $175k a year.

James Alucobond

Another hurdle that Disney, a company that markets to small children is facing. Declining US birth rates.

Luckily, this is offset by increasing man-child birth rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom