Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Jrb1979

If Disney says the party is sold out, in this case I think they are telling the truth.

I think they are actually limiting the parties to an actual number instead of overselling these parties like they did in the pre covid days.
There is no doubt they are sold out and they are limiting attendance. What some are saying is they are closing off sales to try to fill out other dates.

For example let's say the max amount of tickets they have available for each party is 5000. What many are thinking is happening is they aren't actually getting to that 5000 sold but instead they hit 4500. Call it sold out so they can push guests to parties that aren't selling well.

Disstevefan1

There is no doubt they are sold out and they are limiting attendance. What some are saying is they are closing off sales to try to fill out other dates.

For example let's say the max amount of tickets they have available for each party is 5000. What many are thinking is happening is they aren't actually getting to that 5000 sold but instead they hit 4500. Call it sold out so they can push guests to parties that aren't selling well.
I totally get it, and I am not a pixie duster, but I sincerely think they are actually selling out and not doing this.

These parties have always been popular, even when they were totally over sold and MOBBED, so I think they are legitimately selling out and I think they all will sell out, even at the higher prices naturally because the word is getting around that the parties are not super MOBBED like the pre covid days.

Jrb1979

I totally get it, and I am not a pixie duster, but I sincerely think they are actually selling out and not doing this.

These parties have always been popular, even when they were totally over sold and MOBBED, so I think they are legitimately selling out and I think they all will sell out, even at the higher prices naturally because the word is getting around that the parties are not super MOBBED like the pre covid days.
I would have said the same a few days ago. Now with people here getting emails with discounts for the parties including Christmas ones tells me they aren't selling as great as planned.

Disstevefan1

I would have said the same a few days ago. Now with people here getting emails with discounts for the parties including Christmas ones tells me they aren't selling as great as planned.
oh, getting emails on discounts on the higher priced nights? That is interesting.

Lets say they are not selling out, its only BETTER for the guest.

We know they are making big bucks on these parties even when not technically sold out. The park took in all the usual day guests THEN folks are paying more than a day ticket to go to the parties. Disney is WINNING.

DisneyOutsider

Bought G+ for AK today...no need really. Did it to save sore feet buy even avatar was 30 mins with cited 85 wait!
I'd consider Genie+ at AK a waste even during busy periods. It's never necessary there.

Also, Flight of Passage isn't included in Genie+, is it? Or did that change?

MR.Dis

My wife loves the Halloween party at WDW, so she bought tickets for our October trip. Last week we found out that there was a possibility that one of grand daughters school break would be the same time as our trip and her parents would let us take her with us. So my wife called and asked about if we could add a ticket for the "sold out" party. She was informed that an existing party could add up to 4 tickets to the event. So in other words, sold out does not mean sold out.

Basil of Baker Street

IMO since they never announce attendance for these parties, they can put up the sold out sign if the other days are struggling to sell.

My guess is the first few sold out nights were probably close to what they want attendance to be. The ones since then I wouldn't be surprised if it's lower than planned to push people to other dates. The more they do that then "FOMO" kicks in for the rest
I agree. There is x number of people who will be attending a party in a given year. I believe they spread that number out to each night as evenly as possible. They have many years of data. I'm sure they have a pretty good algorithm in place to do just that.

Disstevefan1

My wife loves the Halloween party at WDW, so she bought tickets for our October trip. Last week we found out that there was a possibility that one of grand daughters school break would be the same time as our trip and her parents would let us take her with us. So my wife called and asked about if we could add a ticket for the "sold out" party. She was informed that an existing party could add up to 4 tickets to the event. So in other words, sold out does not mean sold out.
Another sign that life is getting back to normal :)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My sister and her family of 6 just returned from a short trip and attended the MNSSHP. They did not have day park tickets and enjoyed the resort and Disney Springs more than previous trips.

Because of the lack of early rise need, morning rush, and Genie+ cost/stress they now say they will do less days in the parks and just pay for after hours events on future trips.

Interesting because I’ve heard others referring to this as well. Disney is going to love double selling parks each day.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My sister and her family of 6 just returned from a short trip and attended the MNSSHP. They did not have day park tickets and enjoyed the resort and Disney Springs more than previous trips.

Because of the lack of early rise need, morning rush, and Genie+ cost/stress they now say they will do less days in the parks and just pay for after hours events on future trips.

Interesting because I’ve heard others referring to this as well. Disney is going to love double selling parks each day.
That's been said now for the past six or so years (the double selling).

It's also been recommended on these forums for the same time for those who aren't APers to forego a day ticket the night one goes to a Party or After Hours event. I've been saying that for years.

And the Parties and After Hours events are almost always sold out. So, they are popular. Just look at the crowd waiting to get in at 4 PM. They already know they can get in at 4 PM and obviously don't have an AP or day-ticket, otherwise, they'd be skipping the crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom