Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

Point being... people throw that commitment away all the time and not only that.. pay a pretty penny to have that power.

No one is going to feel better by saying "at least I forced the kid to be there for 3hrs before I caved in and let them just goto the pool". People punt on their 'already paid for' ticket value all the time... because it's usually more valuable then family meltdown :)
I would love to see the data on how many tickets are purchased and are not used.

We know Disney has that data.

Ayla

That's crazy to me. If I paid for the tickets I'm **** well using them that day. The only way I wouldn't is if a major storm was going on. I don't pay for a Disney vacation to enjoy the resort. I go for the parks only
Since I unfortunately don't have a pool in my backyard, or a person to deliver frosty drinks to me on demand, I enjoy the resort on vacation. I paid a hefty price for those amenities and use them frequently.

JMcMahonEsq

That's crazy to me. If I paid for the tickets I'm **** well using them that day. The only way I wouldn't is if a major storm was going on. I don't pay for a Disney vacation to enjoy the resort. I go for the parks only
But overarching, aren’t you paying the money and using your well earned vacation time so that you and your family can have fun? If on given day either because of the heat, the humidity, a late night the day before, or kids just waking up on the wrong side of the bed, if people aren’t having fun after a couple hours in the park, why are going to just try and force the day and “make them have fun?”

The moneys gone. It’s been spent. All you can do at that that point is hopefully have an enjoyable day. I don’t think anyone is saying to plan for this, or that they do it every day, but if you’ve got 2 little ones in meltdown mode in 97 degree florida weather at lunch time at MK, if everyone just wants some time in the pool, why would you try to force more time in the park?

JMcMahonEsq

Seems like a pretty decent “filler” promotion. Set during period when travel vacations are ending due to kids going back to school helps generate more local quick trips and generate local consumers targeted at specific time window without long term AP commitments

JMcMahonEsq

Guess those unfavorable guests aren't that unfavorable after all.
No they still remain “fillers.” It’s just during the particular window that the deal is being offered, with not as many school aged kid family’s coming to the park, it’s the perfect time to fill in with more local traffic.

LSLS

Yet when someone credible and independent actually studies the data… they conclude that isn’t happening… and share those findings here… and yet people continue to post purely speculative stuff like yours ignoring the available information.

It’s almost as if the conclusion isn’t based in facts…

You mean that it's not being intentionally inflated for Genie, right? I think we have tons of evidence that they are AWFUL at predicting wait times, and for at least some of the bigger rides the posted wait time higher than the actual wait times most of the times. I think part of the reason this is out there is something like RotR pretty consistently has wait times much less than what is posted. People tend to ignore when like Dumbo has a longer wait than what was posted because they are most concerned with the biggest name rides.

Though, as a "Boots on the Ground" person, I will say this long predates the Genie system. The wait times in 2018 (maybe it was 2019) were ridiculously bad the week we were there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I believe the boots on the ground.
which is how touringplans measures things… with actual sampled data from…. Boots on the ground.

You’re basically saying ‘i know you did the work, but i don’t believe you, I believe my limited anecdotal observations more’.

Flat earth logic

Jrb1979

This isn't meant to be snarky or rude, so forgive me the personal question but do you have kids?
I do have a little. I have a 3 year old and a 15 year old step son. Unless its raining we never miss a park day that we paid for. If it's super hot out we will stay in the parks til after lunch and leave.

Since I unfortunately don't have a pool in my backyard, or a person to deliver frosty drinks to me on demand, I enjoy the resort on vacation. I paid a hefty price for those amenities and use them frequently.
If we wanted that we would go to a beach resort. We don't go to Disney to lounge around a pool and have drinks.

JD80

I do have a little. I have a 3 year old and a 15 year old step son. Unless its raining we never miss a park day that we paid for. If it's super hot out we will stay in the parks til after lunch and leave.

If we wanted that we would go to a beach resort. We don't go to Disney to lounge around a pool and have drinks.

So you leave the parks then. I think that's what people were talking about?

Andrew25

DAK in the afternoon (excluding rain storms) is pleasant with low crowds. Honestly, this is the one park you could avoid rope drop and come later in the day, rope drop is a mess.

The few weeks in between F&G and Food and Wine were very quiet at Epcot.

Drdcm

I think hotel occupancy would be probably the most telling if people were avoiding FL because of the heat. I’m sure that’s already been discussed though.

I agree with @JD80 that crowd levels in the parks at a given time don’t necessarily reflect ticket sales. We often leave for a while to cool off if it’s too hot, and we’re pretty gung ho with our Disney trips.

Edit: sorry @flynnibus, I originally tagged the wrong person!

Disstevefan1

Then trust their conclusions

Or you’re just a troll.
Not a troll, I just don't always trust Disney.

If touringplans say the posted wait times are correct. I trust them.

For folks that experience a shorter than posted wait times, it just happens.

Like when you do a coin flip, sometimes in smaller samples it does not look like a 50/50 split, but when you use large samples, it is indeed a 50/50 split.

I am sad that the posted wait times are accurate, but I think sometimes I will ignore them and try for that short wait time not seen in the data.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom