Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

TheMaxRebo

It also ignores that the wait times were often way off well before Genie+ existed. There are guest satisfaction reasons to inflate wait times to an extent regardless of any financial incentive anyways, but it's also not really an exact science. If the wait is posted as 30 minutes, and suddenly 750 people join the queue in the next 5 minutes, it'll be a while before the wait time updates to reflect that.

absolutely - but the issue is now that they are charging for the line skipping method it brings this into question, which doesn't create warm thoughts about the company/management/etc

UNCgolf

It would also be potentially dangerous for Disney to inflate wait times specifically to increase Genie+ sales -- that would likely be grounds for a class action lawsuit.

Considering they don't seem to have any problem selling Genie+/ILLs as-is, there's little reason to take on that risk.

JoeCamel

It would also be potentially dangerous for Disney to inflate wait times specifically to increase Genie+ sales -- that would likely be grounds for a class action lawsuit.

Considering they don't seem to have any problem selling Genie+/ILLs as-is, there's little reason to take on that risk.
I'm sure there is nothing in a memo, text or email indicating that is SOP but can you trust the mouse after all the money love (site censored the ust word) they have displayed the last few years?

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
and I agree with the finding, but the fact we have to ask the question or that there could be motive to do so dirties everything, even if on the up and up in the end
? “Have to ask the question”? These are speculative statements made because of an assumption of guilt- not because actions suggested.

“There could be motive..”?

These are impossible standards to hold to suggest someone can avoid. The company is a business… doesn’t that make any business to be suspect to ‘there could be motive’?

I get people want to be skeptical and concerned… but doing in good faith also means accepting what you discover when you test the theory.

phillip9698

Exactly! Thank god they just opened Villain-Con Minion Blast! No more screen rides!

Oh, wait.

Not going all in doesn’t mean eliminating them entirely. Most of the newer rides they have opened along with the ones planned at Epic Universe are not screen based. This is in stark contrast to the what we received before with F&F, King Kong, Jimmy Fallon, Gringots, Transformers, etc…..

mysto

A question already studied by the premier independent team in studying lines at disney for how long now?

Let me try and help:

The issue is NOT that we think wait times are inflated because it will increase profits.

The issue is we EXPECT them to. We understand there's no evidence, we still expect it.

At least many of us merely expect it, maybe some really think they do, or claim it to put pressure on Disney.

celluloid

Crowds were the same way in April and may when I started going again with an AP.

They’re definitely down from pre-2020 I just don’t know by how much.

Probably a good amount as capacity is less in some aspects compared to pre 2020.

Hollywood Studios specifically. So many things closed or not operataing fully makes it inflated.

Thepuma

Point being... people throw that commitment away all the time and not only that.. pay a pretty penny to have that power.

No one is going to feel better by saying "at least I forced the kid to be there for 3hrs before I caved in and let them just goto the pool". People punt on their 'already paid for' ticket value all the time... because it's usually more valuable then family meltdown :)
Hmm...say a day at MK...2 adults and 2 kids...best part if $500 - would people really throw $500 in the bin because its a bit hot in summer in Florida?

JMcMahonEsq

Hmm...say a day at MK...2 adults and 2 kids...best part if $500 - would people really throw $500 in the bin because its a bit hot in summer in Florida?
All the time. At that point the $500 bucks is gone, you have already “thrown in away.” So your left with the choice of having a miserable hot day with kids melting down… or a happier family at the pool, in either case the $500 is already spent

Disstevefan1

Yet when someone credible and independent actually studies the data… they conclude that isn’t happening… and share those findings here… and yet people continue to post purely speculative stuff like yours ignoring the available information.

It’s almost as if the conclusion isn’t based in facts…
Yet when an actual person looks at the posted times and actually waits in the line and proves the posted wait times are way off, people will still point to the studies and the data and say the posted wait times are correct.

I believe the boots on the ground.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was it hot?
1690893697776.png

Last edited:

Jrb1979

First of all it's probably over 600.

Second, yes - happens all the time.
That's crazy to me. If I paid for the tickets I'm **** well using them that day. The only way I wouldn't is if a major storm was going on. I don't pay for a Disney vacation to enjoy the resort. I go for the parks only

JD80

That's crazy to me. If I paid for the tickets I'm **** well using them that day. The only way I wouldn't is if a major storm was going on. I don't pay for a Disney vacation to enjoy the resort. I go for the parks only

This isn't meant to be snarky or rude, so forgive me the personal question but do you have kids?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom