Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

TheMaxRebo

Just finished watching Moana for 1st time in awhile and wow truly a great a movie and it makes the decision to basically bring us a glorified queue even more baffling this was the best they can do…

Still the "blue sky" stuff (that last I hear was basically green lit) for Animal Kingdom/Dinoland area which would be a miniland with 2 rides, etc

Plus there are songs/visuals in like every night time show (Happily Ever After, Fantasmic!, was in Harmonius), and is the Meet & Greet in AK - it is a great movie but also feel there is decent representation in the parks

If anything feels like trying to capitalize on the popularity but adding the "inspired by" tag to this which really doesn't need IP (but will help attract kids, etc)

Splash4eva

Still the "blue sky" stuff (that last I hear was basically green lit) for Animal Kingdom/Dinoland area which would be a miniland with 2 rides, etc

Plus there are songs/visuals in like every night time show (Happily Ever After, Fantasmic!, was in Harmonius), and is the Meet & Greet in AK - it is a great movie but also feel there is decent representation in the parks

If anything feels like trying to capitalize on the popularity but adding the "inspired by" tag to this which really doesn't need IP (but will help attract kids, etc)
As much as i agree with what you say in regards to Moana etc…. Kids want rides/attractions imo not some walk thru or movie highlights is a show.

TheMaxRebo

I think there will be some interactivity with the water, sometimes that is enough for kids.

Obviously we need to see the final product but I think this will be a nice, small addition, something to do in-between rides, when you just need some chill time, etc - and having water will be nice in the heat and I know my kids love anything with water effects - especially if they can touch the water

Not a major e-tickets or anything but a nice "extra"

TheMaxRebo

As much as i agree with what you say in regards to Moana etc…. Kids want rides/attractions imo not some walk thru or movie highlights is a show.

True, though this will have some interactivity - but guess I am taking this along with the AK stuff happening

So this is the "extra" thing not main thing

Tha Realest

Yeah. I can’t get too worked up over this. I think the parks need less emphasis on E-tickets. I have very fond memories of the jumping water in Epcot as a kid. I wish there was more apparently to do here, and it operated as a path/walkthrough instead of a closed loop, but at least it’s something and vibrant and verdant and new.

CntrlFlPete

I don’t think they have one, they just expect that people coming to Orlando to see Epic Universe will also spend a few days at WDW while they are in town.

(And they are probably right, I can’t imagine going all the way to FL and not spending a couple days at WDW, even if the primary reason for going was to visit Epic.)
I believe folks would be surprised by how many visitors visit UNI/SeaWorld/BGT as opposed to WDW/UNI.

TheMaxRebo

I believe folks would be surprised by how many visitors visit UNI/SeaWorld/BGT as opposed to WDW/UNI.

definitely a lot of folks who do a "central FL" vacation and do a day here and there at the different parks - might include Disney, might not

I do think that Epic Universe will draw in new people to the area (largely around Super Nintendo Land but the whole park too) and of those people I suspect a decent percentage will say "hey, while we are here let's do a day at Disney to check it out"

So if Epic Universe brings in 5 million people to the area that have never been, maybe 2 million also check out Disney while here (maybe 1 million, but something)

Definitely not something Disney should count on as a huge boost, but will be something. I think they need to position the parks though so that those that do come for the first time do get excited about it and think about doing another trip that include more Disney ... so just making everything easier and have some new, exciting things in the works

Splash4eva

definitely a lot of folks who do a "central FL" vacation and do a day here and there at the different parks - might include Disney, might not

I do think that Epic Universe will draw in new people to the area (largely around Super Nintendo Land but the whole park too) and of those people I suspect a decent percentage will say "hey, while we are here let's do a day at Disney to check it out"

So if Epic Universe brings in 5 million people to the area that have never been, maybe 2 million also check out Disney while here (maybe 1 million, but something)

Definitely not something Disney should count on as a huge boost, but will be something. I think they need to position the parks though so that those that do come for the first time do get excited about it and think about doing another trip that include more Disney ... so just making everything easier and have some new, exciting things in the works
i agree i think Disney will definitely reap some benefits of Uni opening a new park & sadly for us Disney is going to get some of the guests they idolize... people paying top dollar for a 1 day or 2 day ticket and most likely paying for every upcharge there is to get the most of their short stay....

MR.Dis

WDW is not just for Kids, but adults too. I have problem with the interaction water walkthru. I do have a problem with that it is 4 years into this re design and still not complete. Also, adding this should be at the expense of not adding additional rides/attractions for kids (and us older kids - lol).

JD80

WDW is not just for Kids, but adults too. I have problem with the interaction water walkthru. I do have a problem with that it is 4 years into this re design and still not complete. Also, adding this should be at the expense of not adding additional rides/attractions for kids (and us older kids - lol).

I think this experience is going to be pretty cool and fun. Just something like this shouldn't take this long. The whole EPCOT thing is a debacle of expectation and project management.

UNCgolf

Peter Pan has 80 minute wait. I have seen worse but that’s a long wait so the attendance would seem only slightly less than normal?

I don't know -- looks like Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train are all closed right now (and Splash Mountain, obviously). Makes it hard to judge other wait times.

Flight of Passage is only at 80 minutes too (Na'vi River Journey is at 95, bizarrely -- even though I personally think NRJ is excellent for what it is and I probably have more fun riding it than FoP, it's not designed to have that kind of wait and certainly not longer than FoP).

Kiliminjaro Safari is only 10 minutes; I would be riding that on repeat.

Last edited:

JD80

Peter Pan has 80 minute wait. I have seen worse but that’s a long wait so the attendance would seem only slightly less than normal?
Things look like the lower end of the spectrum of 2014-2017 crowds.

1690828906603.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom