Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

el_super

People ARE coming to Florida.

But they are not all going to Disney. Or at least a significant amount who would in years past are not this year.

So where are they going?

If attendance is down at all the central florida theme parks, where are the massive crowds that are still coming in?

Are they all just going to the beach? Shouldn't there be some additional evidence that Kennedy Space Center is mobbed with space enthusiasts or that... no wait.... I literally can't think of another thing to do in Florida.

SamusAranX

That’s what anyone involved in travel will tell you…but we still aren’t really believing it around here…
The springs, rivers, beaches, etc. are packed. Even in this unbearable heat. My personal theory is people are taking vacations here for the more affordable options. I could spend 2k for a nice week at Clearwater, or 6k at disney. My bet is families pick the former

Smugpugmug

So where are they going?

If attendance is down at all the central florida theme parks, where are the massive crowds that are still coming in?

Are they all just going to the beach? Shouldn't there be some additional evidence that Kennedy Space Center is mobbed with space enthusiasts or that... no wait.... I literally can't think of another thing to do in Florida.
Cruises maybe? I've seen a lot of anecdotal comments from people on social media saying that they're doing a cruise instead of the parks. Not necessarily a cruise on DCL. Just a cruise that leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale and Cape Canaveral.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The springs, rivers, beaches, etc. are packed. Even in this unbearable heat. My personal theory is people are taking vacations here for the more affordable options. I could spend 2k for a nice week at Clearwater, or 6k at disney. My bet is families pick the former
See what’s coming to a head…and I’ve spent far too much time battling for 10
Years…is the belief that there is a gigantic pool of travelers who WANT to spend $10,000+ for a week at the magic kingdom.

Everything has a limit…there’s always a ceiling…even if it’s made of glass.

Pricing away from the middle class range will be iger’s biggest error. But he’ll probably never be called out for it.

wannabeBelle

Cruises maybe? I've seen a lot of anecdotal comments from people on social media saying that they're doing a cruise instead of the parks. Not necessarily a cruise on DCL. Just a cruise that leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale and Cape Canaveral.
I was just onboard the Wonder of the Seas on June 25th, with an almost full sailing of over 6000 guests, so I know where some of those people went to!! Marie

Smugpugmug

I was just onboard the Wonder of the Seas on June 25th, with an almost full sailing of over 6000 guests, so I know where some of those people went to!! Marie
Wow, that's nuts!

I'm going on a Celebrity cruise later this year. Haven't been on a cruise in about a decade but I'm looking forward to the slower pace. I feel like a lot of other people have a similar opinion vs. going on a stressful park trip.

Disstevefan1

See what’s coming to a head…and I’ve spent far too much time battling for 10
Years…is the belief that there is a gigantic pool of travelers who WANT to spend $10,000+ for a week at the magic kingdom.

Everything has a limit…there’s always a ceiling…even if it’s made of glass.

Pricing away from the middle class range will be iger’s biggest error. But he’ll probably never be called out for it.
Agreed, IF there is an alleged decline. It's about MONEY.

The bad thing is that TWDC's response will probably be to increase prices then run a "discount promotion" so folks think they are saving money.

Anyway, folks should enjoy the lower crowds (if it's true) while it lasts.

wannabeBelle

Not surprised in any way. Well, maybe a little given DCL's prices but I've heard minus the food it has good value.
Pricing has changed in that now the pricing for a Disney Cruise can be in the same range as a trip to WDW and is inclusive of most food. It is certainly something I encourage my clients to look at when considering vacation options!! Marie

wannabeBelle

I'm going on a Celebrity cruise later this year. Haven't been on a cruise in about a decade but I'm looking forward to the slower pace. I feel like a lot of other people have a similar opinion vs. going on a stressful park trip.
You will love it!! I have been on quite a few Celebrity cruises and loved all of them!! You will find the shows and entertainment is top notch and the food is really good in the included venues. WHat ship are you on, if you don't mind sharing? Marie

TheMaxRebo

Not surprised in any way. Well, maybe a little given DCL's prices but I've heard minus the food it has good value.

Having done both Disney Cruises and Royal Caribbean (and also Viking) - it depends on what you value

The service in DCL is top notch and obviously has the Disney touches

Personally we got priced out by them and tried RCL and really enjoyed it and found much better bang for our buck there. Doesn't mean there aren't things that DCL did better, just not things worth the cost gap b/w the two - but for others it might be worth it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom