Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Smugpugmug

You will love it!! I have been on quite a few Celebrity cruises and loved all of them!! You will find the shows and entertainment is top notch and the food is really good in the included venues. WHat ship are you on, if you don't mind sharing? Marie
Celebrity Apex. I've seen photos and it looks like a fantastic ship.

Oh, I see we're talking about Universal's pricing for Epic Universe now. Yeah, the price of the AP is definitely being increased as will the hotels.

Lilofan

Oh, I see we're talking about Universal's pricing for Epic Universe now. Yeah, the price of the AP is definitely being increased as will the hotels.
Food on a cruise ship no doubt is tops and plentiful day and night and economical compared to resort and park experience. . I think I ate 6 times a day while cruising . After a cruise I didn’t eat for almost two days

Last edited:

wannabeBelle

I've been on the Apex and she is gorgeous!! Be sure to check out Eden at the back of the ship, It is amazing. Also if you get the later evening munchies, the Oceanview Cafe is open until late offering snacks, pizza, and beverages. Very relaxing spot for quiet conversation, & a nice snack!! I was on the Apex for my British Isles sailing and will be again for a sailing to Israel and Egypt out of Greece then again next year for the Norwegian Fjords. That particular ship seems to be going to lot of places that I want to!! Marie

Disstevefan1

WarnDerail.jpg

Nubs70

So where are they going?

If attendance is down at all the central florida theme parks, where are the massive crowds that are still coming in?

Are they all just going to the beach? Shouldn't there be some additional evidence that Kennedy Space Center is mobbed with space enthusiasts or that... no wait.... I literally can't think of another thing to do in Florida.
Vacationers are going where they perceive value. Whatever WDW and the other theme parks are doing is not being perceived as a value either in price, experience, or whatever metrics vacationers define value.

Splash4eva

Vacationers are going where they perceive value. Whatever WDW and the other theme parks are doing is not being perceived as a value either in price, experience, or whatever metrics vacationers define value.
do people care about "value' as much as they care about going somewhere they want to go with.. when i look at a vacation im going somewhere i want to go to, where my family wants to go to... personally if a place has a great value but somewhere i dont want to go its pointless imo

flynnibus

Premium Member
do people care about "value' as much as they care about going somewhere they want to go with.. when i look at a vacation im going somewhere i want to go to, where my family wants to go to... personally if a place has a great value but somewhere i dont want to go its pointless imo
"value" in this context from Nubs is a wholelistic view. Your pointless jab is trying to be literal while missing the actual point.

Reality is people can't just do whatever they want all the time. They are forced to live within constraints and make choices... be that time, availability, cost, etc. Obviously 'what you want to do' is part of the equation, but it's not the only thing. And to try to argue that WDW is suddenly something people enmass just don't 'want to do' is of course absurd.

We all may want to see the Effiel Tower this fall.. but many will settle for a nice french meal.

wannabeBelle

True statement but what happens if you have a few good solid choices that you had thought about going to but just hadnt previously for any one of a number of reasons including financial? If the cost of a vacation you have always taken is now higher and is the same pricing as something that you had thought about and can do either one, now it becomes more of a choice. Marie

Disstevefan1

"value" in this context from Nubs is a wholelistic view. Your pointless jab is trying to be literal while missing the actual point.

Reality is people can't just do whatever they want all the time. They are forced to live within constraints and make choices... be that time, availability, cost, etc. Obviously 'what you want to do' is part of the equation, but it's not the only thing. And to try to argue that WDW is suddenly something people enmass just don't 'want to do' is of course absurd.

We all may want to see the Effiel Tower this fall.. but many will settle for a nice french meal.
I have always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower, but I settle for EPCOT. 😉

the_rich

Two of my cousins and their families are currently in wdw. The main thing they are complaining about is how unbearably hot it is. They are the once every 5 years types. One of their children is almost 4 and she's having the time of her life so they already said they'll be back sooner than anticipated. This is their first time using genie+. They think its great and well worth the money.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I have 2 cousins and their families who are currently in wdw. The main thing they are complaining about is how unbearably hot it is. They are the once every 5 years types. One of their children is almost 4 and she's having the time of her life so they already said they'll be back sooner than anticipated. This is their first time using genie+. They think its great and well worth the money.
Many such cases.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Two of my cousins and their families are currently in wdw. The main thing they are complaining about is how unbearably hot it is. They are the once every 5 years types. One of their children is almost 4 and she's having the time of her life so they already said they'll be back sooner than anticipated. This is their first time using genie+. They think its great and well worth the money.
G+ is probably working well with lower crowds

Splash4eva

i was not trying to make a jab at all... was just saying when it comes to a vacation people should choose what they want 1st they look at everything else afterwards...

Splash4eva

True statement but what happens if you have a few good solid choices that you had thought about going to but just hadnt previously for any one of a number of reasons including financial? If the cost of a vacation you have always taken is now higher and is the same pricing as something that you had thought about and can do either one, now it becomes more of a choice. Marie
totally understood... im just saying when doing anything to me its about what you want 1st and foremost... then you can look at price etc secondary and decide if its affordable or practical...

im not a hiker neither is anyone ion my family... you can offer me a hiking adventure for 90% off.. its great value but something i would not enjoy...

Nubs70

In my anecdotal case, in 3 weeks I will be taking the family to Germany for a similar price as WDW. I will be getting more value by visiting the actual "Cinderella Castle" amongst other things.

Vegas Disney Fan

The bad thing is that TWDC's response will probably be to increase prices then run a "discount promotion" so folks think they are saving money.

Judging by the current "up to 35% off" offer they've already done it. $305 for a moderate is as high or higher than the regular price we paid just a few years ago.

I have no links to post, but I have also heard that the cruise business is booming. That also includes Disney.

We've been cruising the last couple years and it's amazing how few cabins are available on DCL, we've already started looking at 2024 trips so we can secure cabins on the decks and locations we want.

Having done both Disney Cruises and Royal Caribbean (and also Viking) - it depends on what you value

The service in DCL is top notch and obviously has the Disney touches

Personally we got priced out by them and tried RCL and really enjoyed it and found much better bang for our buck there. Doesn't mean there aren't things that DCL did better, just not things worth the cost gap b/w the two - but for others it might be worth it

I was looking at RC cruises the other day, a 4 day Ensenada cruise out of LA was on sale for $1300 for the 2 of us, a similar DCL cruise out of San Diego is over $3k (if you can find a veranda room, most cruises are sold out). I'm still trying to convince my GF to do it, she did a RC cruise to Alaska a few years ago with one of her friends and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as DCL.

I've never done RC and my practical side really wants to experience it to see if DCL is really worth the massive price difference.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In my anecdotal case, in 3 weeks I will be taking the family to Germany for a similar price as WDW. I will be getting more value by visiting the actual "Cinderella Castle" amongst other things.
I'm sorry but there is no way this is true, unless you're European, in which case of course it's true.

For me to take my family to Germany, the flights alone would $9,000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom