Is anything big coming after the FLE?

janoimagine

Well how much did saorin over cali cost to film? Or if you can show what the budget for a five minute IMAX film.

Ball park budget based on everything start to finish (from concept and visualization to scouting and permitting to post production), even with everything being shot domestically and in film friendly california, I would say in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 million dollars.

With the bulk of your production cost being equipment and crew.

juniorthomas

Ball park budget based on everything start to finish (from concept and visualization to scouting and permitting to post production), even with everything being shot domestically and in film friendly california, I would say in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 million dollars.

I doubt it would be that high. Concepting a video should only require hours; isn't visualization more of a sfx thing too?; and even if there are scouts there wouldn't be so many as to break over a million dollars. Creative teams and producers could scout the various locations - about 13 separate shots or so - for well under $250k. Permits would be expensive, but I'm sure the state tourism board is more willing to give permits to Disney than some small production company. Plane/helicopter rental would need to be factored in, along with film crews. I'd say the filming would be somewhere between $6 million and $10 million.

Spike-in-Berlin

Good call. Thats why we make our 64 ounce mickey container a hat as well. Straws coming out of the ears so you can sip as you wear it. Where's DCP when you need them?!

Why always use a Mickey-head? Why not in the shape of SSE? A 64 Spaceship Earth ounce cup would be quite an EPCOT-merchandise.

flavious27

Well if the equipment has already been bought, that would bring down the cost of any addition soarin films, though the cost of an imax camera is in the mid 6 figure range.

MansionGoer13z

I have heard that Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom were all originally supposed to get a new E ticket in the early 2000's. Whatever happened to that idea and is anything big going to happen to these parks after the FLE?

After reading this entire thread, I'm sure the next biggest thing Disney might do is invest in the idea of making 64 oz. coffee thermoses in the shape of either Mickey's head, and or Spaceship Earth. That's what it looks like right now. :shrug::ROFLOL:

flavious27

After reading this entire thread, I'm sure the next biggest thing Disney might do is invest in the idea of making 64 oz. coffee thermoses in the shape of either Mickey's head, and or Spaceship Earth. That's what it looks like right now. :shrug::ROFLOL:

And right after they sell them, they will invent new coffee machines that can handle being emptied after 12 people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom