Is anything big coming after the FLE?

flavious27

Wouldn't it be great to show up on property down the line and find a 64 ounce hat hat with crazy straws coming out of it? I don't even mind if they steal our ideas. That would be hilarious.

It would be awesome, though I bet it would cause like 3 or 4 different thread. They make smaller sized mugs, can't really patent the idea of telling a company to just make their product 4x larger.

flavious27

My bad, I was thinking about two different things and combined them into one.

I was thinking about the Imax 3D Cameras and the 2K digital projectors in the higher end theaters.

I believe the camera was called a 3D30 I have a call into him to find out.

Actually Imax is in the ballpark of 12,000 × 8,700 pixels on its 70mm neg, but your eye cant process all that.

Okay, I can see the 3d camera costing more to insure, especially with it being newer and so little being available. There are really only 26 cameras built? Jeez, that is like control only steve jobs would wish for. I would expect that disney would have been able to buy itself one from IMAX with the amount of films that they need to produce for the parks and movies they make in general.

Well IMAX's 70mm neg could have a resolution that is 8k, but if they digitize it for better distribution, 2k would be fine but 4k would be better. though I doubt that tdo would spring for that cost if they haven't fixed the darn yeti.

misterID

From Jim Hill

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...welcome-from-salt-lake-city-shareholders.aspx

At the shareholders meeting yesterday, Iger answered the OP's question:

"But given that many of the questions Bob & John fielded yesterday seemed to be from third graders asking if anything new was in the works for Walt Disney World after the Fantasyland expansion (Iger's response? "You're testing me here. We haven't announced any large-scale projects for Walt Disney World at this time ... There will be other things. Nothing that we've approved yet, though")"

I don't know what that means exactly, I guess it's good, but thank you to the 3rd graders. :D

flavious27

From Jim Hill

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...welcome-from-salt-lake-city-shareholders.aspx

At the shareholders meeting yesterday, Iger answered the OP's question:

"But given that many of the questions Bob & John fielded yesterday seemed to be from third graders asking if anything new was in the works for Walt Disney World after the Fantasyland expansion (Iger's response? "You're testing me here. We haven't announced any large-scale projects for Walt Disney World at this time ... There will be other things. Nothing that we've approved yet, though")"

I don't know what that means exactly, I guess it's good, but thank you to the 3rd graders. :D

So all it takes to hold iger's feet to the fire is to bring in 3rd graders?

Spike-in-Berlin

Wouldn't it be great to show up on property down the line and find a 64 ounce hat hat with crazy straws coming out of it? I don't even mind if they steal our ideas. That would be hilarious.

Actually I DO HOPE they steal idea...I mean, I do hope they are getting inspirations from their visits to WDW.magic and other fansites.
For example I find it very interesting indeed, that after months of very controverse and near endless discussions about the less than convincing and illfated first design for the FLE, (remember: World's largest meet and greet plus shops, restaurants, LMS and that was all) they suddenly changed it and added the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride.

flavious27

Actually I DO HOPE they steal idea...I mean, I do hope they are getting inspirations from their visits to WDW.magic and other fansites.
For example I find it very interesting indeed, that after months of very controverse and near endless discussions about the less than convincing and illfated first design for the FLE, (remember: World's largest meet and greet plus shops, restaurants, LMS and that was all) they suddenly changed it and added the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride.

Well I think that the internet is a good thing for disney and also a back stabber. Disney has better and free access to what guests are looking for in parks and their reactions to what they have concepted. At the same time, well one word: yeti. Also our interest has caused CMs to spread trade secrets and non public information to the boards. Disney is the largest amusement park company in the world, but they still have competition. Look at the fictional character Willy Wonka.

juniorthomas

I doubt they are actively scanning these threads, but it would be pretty cool if something from here was picked up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom