Is A Picture Really Worth It?

brkgnews

This was terrible at Disneyland on Pirates they came on the loudspeaker twice and said "please no flash photography thank you." during the ride...Finally a college aged kid told these other kids,"Hey! They are talking to you guys! No flash photography..." and that kind of shut them down.
I've seen one even worse than that, on Star Tours. A guy was video taping (which is a no-no due to the violent motion of the cabin... flying camera = bad news). They got on the speaker inside the cabin twice and politely reminded people that no video taping was allowed. Then, they got on and said... "sir, in the front row, center seat, with a striped shirt, and a baseball cap... PLEASE no video taping." Still nothing.

They had to shut down the simulator, come in and tell this bozo to put down his camera, and then *try* to restart the capsule... which didn't work, so we had to evac over to another one. :rolleyes:

BriLee

I've taken to a new way of dealing with "flashers."

I turn around and start taking pictures of them. :fork:

Until they stop.

hahahahaha! that sounds like a great idea!
one of the times I was on pirates recently, there was someone taking pictures of literally almost everything! they probably don't even remember the ride becuase they spent the whole time concentrating on viewing it through their camera screen. plus, it's a dark ride and seeing the place light up with a flash every few seconds ruins the "magic" a bit.

agent86

I've seen one even worse than that, on Star Tours. A guy was video taping (which is a no-no due to the violent motion of the cabin... flying camera = bad news). They got on the speaker inside the cabin twice and politely reminded people that no video taping was allowed. Then, they got on and said... "sir, in the front row, center seat, with a striped shirt, and a baseball cap... PLEASE no video taping." Still nothing.

They had to shut down the simulator, come in and tell this bozo to put down his camera, and then *try* to restart the capsule... which didn't work, so we had to evac over to another one. :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like some bored CMs got overly hung up on the principle of the thing and cared more about "busting" this guy than the fact that they basically ruined the experience for all the other guests in the simulator. :rolleyes: I mean, really, do you honestly think the camera would have gone "flying"?? The simulator doesn't move around THAT much! :rolleyes:

sknydave

The flash photogs drive me crazy ... But what also gets my goat are those flashing necklaces. We were on the TTA Saturday, and someone in the car in front of use had one of those necklaces on. With the extreme darkness, the constant flashing ended up giving me a raging headache ... it definitely hurt my experience. I've had the same thing happen to me on Pirates, and the Maelstrom. It's really impolite to leave those things going when you're on a ride.

A kid wearing one of those light-up necklaces in front of you gave you a raging headache while on the TTA?

Disneysue

In the Parks
No

Until they stop.

What a great idea! Twice the flashes! That wouldnt be annoying at all.

I just think to myself, Karma is a beach fellow rider you will trip on the way out and in order to break your fall you will grab the end part of the rail which will snag your camera strap and when you fall one way your camera will fly the other and as it's flying to its destination the flimsy little memory card door will pop open and your card will dislodge and plop into a near by cup of dole whip!

Dragonrider1227

I totally agree with using LCD screens. I wouldn't use them for two reasons.
One; they ARE very distracting. Especially in those dark rides
two; they tend to really suck up battery power so I tend not to use them anyway

agent86

Until they stop.

Wow, that sure is mature! :rolleyes:

You must spend your entire day in the parks doing nothing but taking pictures of "flashers" all day. What a way to enjoy a day in the park! :hammer:

disneyisbest

I honestly don't know what is more annoying.... flash photography or people screaming into their cell phones.

I really do want to hear the audio of the ride, not all about what the person in front of me had for lunch or what characters they are planing to see at dinner.

Honestly our society has become too ME oriented.

We have been ME oriented for a long time now. It is just intensifying.

Jasper Dale

Original Poster
A"raging headache" from one of those little light up necklaces?? Wow, I hate to say it, but maybe going to theme parks is not for you.

it CAN cause you to have a headache if someone has one of those things on in a closed space, like a dark attraction. it's one thing if they want to wear them outside in the parks, but if you are seated behind someone wearing one, you don't have the option to "look away" like you do with someone just wearing one touring the park.

LoriMistress

DH and I noticed tons of people taking pictures at POTC at WDW. I've noticed that CMs aren't confrontational when it comes to this matter. There was one woman who continued to do it and after telling them the first three times to stop using the flash and her ignoring me, I finally said, "The next time you use the flash will have the fate of Christopher Reeves." It sound mean, I know but the person put down their camera immediately and others were able to enjoy the attraction.

At DLR it's completely different. Anyone using flash or video taping when you're not suppose to WILL confront you and they DO take action. CMs will get on the loud speaker, will point you out, and will flat out tell you the next time you use flash photography will be kicked out the park!!!

agent86

I finally said, "The next time you use the flash will have the fate of Christopher Reeves."

So you threatened someone with physical harm?? Just because they were using a flash on a ride?? Is it really THAT big of a deal?? :rolleyes:

At DLR it's completely different. Anyone using flash or video taping when you're not suppose to WILL confront you and they DO take action. CMs will get on the loud speaker, will point you out, and will flat out tell you the next time you use flash photography will be kicked out the park!!!

No and of course THAT doesn't detract from the show at all. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom