Is A Picture Really Worth It?

agent86

it CAN cause you to have a headache if someone has one of those things on in a closed space, like a dark attraction. it's one thing if they want to wear them outside in the parks, but if you are seated behind someone wearing one, you don't have the option to "look away" like you do with someone just wearing one touring the park.

How exactly do you not have the option to just look away just because you're indoors? Eyes and neck muscles fail to operate indoors?

CaptainJackNO

i wanted to comment on some recent posts by people who seem to be bent on getting certain "shots" of some of the attractions.

the most annoying thing on our last trip was having to endure people taking flash photos and using their camcorders with video monitors.

yes, i know people want to get their experiences on video and tape. but there is nothing worse than having your experience ruined by someone who just doesn't care.

i'm sure this topic has been talked about a lot, but it truly ruined quite a few attractions for us. at Country Bears, we sat behind THREE people who were filming the attraction with their video monitors opened and the glare from the monitors really did take away from us watching the show.

the same thing happened over at Little Mermaid as well as Mickey's P. over at Magic Kingdom.
anyone who breaks the no flash rule on a ride should be subject to immediate guest vigilianteism by being thrown from the ride vehicle into the path of the nearest traveling ride vehicle.

Or, maybe we can dream........:lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Bring it on if your hard enough, I flush tougher things down the pan......

chuck_norris-1.jpg

Erika

How exactly do you not have the option to just look away just because you're indoors? Eyes and neck muscles fail to operate indoors?

No, but why should it become his problem to keep his neck turned to the side for the entire ride because someone else is being inconsiderate? His choices are now a headache or a neck cramp. Not fun either way :shrug:

Juliaz3

I agree that we've gotten too "ME" oriented, and I think part of it is expressed by this need to photograph EVERYTHING. I read over and over someone saying "It's our only trip ... may be x family member's last time..." Ok, but do you need 101 photos of that person taken on ONE day? I'm amazed at how narcististic society has become that so many feel the need to constantly record and photograph every event rather than just being there and enjoying it.

I've noticed that most people in the parks are respectful of others taking photos outdoors and try to avoid walking in the shot, but I also get worn out of having to constantly stop and detour around people paused in the middle of a walkway to take yet another photo.

To each his own, however, I wish more people were attuned to just enjoying the ride, the scenery, etc. rather than "capturing the moment".

hwdelien

To each his own, however, I wish more people were attuned to just enjoying the ride, the scenery, etc. rather than "capturing the moment".

For years I've been going to WDW and come home with only a handful of photos each time. Usually most of our photos are on the Photopass CD. But, I have to warn you, I got a new Digital SLR and tripod and I've already decided that my next trip is going to be a photo journey. I want a picture of each character and hidden Mickey in the parks. I've got a 30 gig hard drive that I'm gonna try to fill. I'll let you know when my next trip is so you can avoid me. [snicker]:p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom