Is a January 20, 2014 opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train possible???

dgp602

Not sure if this is the proper thread for this, so if it isn't, let me know and I will move it.

There has been a lot of discussion about the length of time it has taken WDW to complete the SDMT and the Fantasyland expansion as a whole. Whatever side of the debate you are on, I think that everyone will be in awe of what UNI has been able to accomplish in less than two years with regards to the new Harry Potter Land at IOA. Here is a link to a story on CNN about the new land. I also went to the UNI web site which has a sneak preview of the expansion. WOW...if it is half as good and detailed as it appears, score one for UNI. Disney should be embarrassed with the amount of time it has taken them to complete this project.

Here is the link:

www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/travel/wizarding-world-harry-potter-diagon/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Let the debate begin....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The timetables I have heard have a soft opening in April/May.

They are taking their sweet time.
Reading Kevin Yee's latest update I believe he used "Summer" as a potential timeframe. But they couldn't have another six months of work left?

Either way, the January dates are obviously out, and early February isn't looking probable either.

hoppesj2

Original Poster
Last time I was there I missed the New Fantasyland opening by a week....I guess I will be early to the party again :grumpy:

PhotoDave219

Reading Kevin Yee's latest update I believe he used "Summer" as a potential timeframe. But they couldn't have another six months of work left?

Either way, the January dates are obviously out, and early February isn't looking probable either.

Yes. Summer is still a possibility.

I think (This is my own opinion) the absolute earliest it could be open Spring Break which starts the weekend of April 12-13. (Easter is April 20.) Of course, the Magic Kingdom is a place that no one is going to want to visit After mid April due to crowds.

Maybe a soft opening by April 1. They're going to want to be open before Diagon Alley at Universal.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes. Summer is still a possibility.

I think (This is my own opinion) the absolute earliest it could be open Spring Break which starts the weekend of April 12-13. (Easter is April 20.) Of course, the Magic Kingdom is a place that no one is going to want to visit After mid April due to crowds.

Maybe a soft opening by April 1. They're going to want to be open before Diagon Alley at Universal.
Or, around the same time....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom