Is a January 20, 2014 opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train possible???

omurice

Dear Disney,
As a long-time customer, and an enormous fan of your theme parks and resorts, let me say for my family that...
(3 pages of build-up)

So in conclusion, if Seven Dwarf's Mine Train does not open by the start of our trip, which I have been planning for 4 years and 237 days, to the cost of $11,467, for which we have been scrimping and saving, re-using old tea bags and separating 2-ply toilet paper into single ply for nearly 5 years... then my family vacation which we desperately are in need of because we have not had one since 9-11 (Never Forget!), because of the unfeeling miscreants and number-crunchers at your company delaying the construction and completion of said attraction probably because they were so focused on MyMagic+ (I'm 100% sure MyDisneyExperience and FastPass+ are to blame!)... our vacation will be utterly, unequivocally, completely and totally...

R-U-I-N-E-D !!!11!!!!!!!1!!!!!11!!!!1!!!11!!!

SJFPKT

When did they actually start construction on the Mine Train portion? I went back through the pictures on wdwmagic.com and saw that it was visible in November of 2011.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When did they actually start construction on the Mine Train portion? I went back through the pictures on wdwmagic.com and saw that it was visible in November of 2011.

There was clearly work going on on October 3rd when this picture was taken. So work probably began sometime in September of 2011.

Fantasyland_Full_14529.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Dear Disney,
As a long-time customer, and an enormous fan of your theme parks and resorts, let me say for my family that...
(3 pages of build-up)

So in conclusion, if Seven Dwarf's Mine Train does not open by the start of our trip, which I have been planning for 4 years and 237 days, to the cost of $11,467, for which we have been scrimping and saving, re-using old tea bags and separating 2-ply toilet paper into single ply for nearly 5 years... then my family vacation which we desperately are in need of because we have not had one since 9-11 (Never Forget!), because of the unfeeling miscreants and number-crunchers at your company delaying the construction and completion of said attraction probably because they were so focused on MyMagic+ (I'm 100% sure MyDisneyExperience and FastPass+ are to blame!)... our vacation will be utterly, unequivocally, completely and totally...

R-U-I-N-E-D !!!11!!!!!!!1!!!!!11!!!!1!!!11!!!

YEAH! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes. Summer is still a possibility.

I think (This is my own opinion) the absolute earliest it could be open Spring Break which starts the weekend of April 12-13. (Easter is April 20.) Of course, the Magic Kingdom is a place that no one is going to want to visit After mid April due to crowds.

Maybe a soft opening by April 1. They're going to want to be open before Diagon Alley at Universal.
This is the same reason I picked March 20th as the soft open date. A few weeks to run some tests and get it up and running before the spring break crowds and then a few months of full operation to be a shining star before the neighbor down the street breaks out their new toys.

dgp602

I am not a UOR homer when I say this, but it is amazing to think that they will have built Transformers and Diagon Alley in the time that it took Disney to build 7DMT. Motivation is a heck of a thing.
AND in addition they demolished Jaws and completed almost 90% of the work on a whole new Harry Potter area that is roughly the same size of FL expansion....

PhotoDave219

This is the same reason I picked March 20th as the soft open date. A few weeks to run some tests and get it up and running before the spring break crowds and then a few months of full operation to be a shining star before the neighbor down the street breaks out their new toys.

Its plausable and makes a lot of sense.

I think the overwhelming thought is that anyone who is planning a vacation to specifically ride this attraction should not book until we have solid information or an opening date.

Tom

Beta Return
Yea but the construction companies - who would love a couple years of steady pay - I can see them intentionally taking their time.

More so the worker bees than the companies. Construction companies want to get in and out, because they get paid the same contract amount if they finish faster and move their crews to another project.

But the workers know there may not be another project waiting, and will often take their time so as not to risk unemployment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom