Is a January 20, 2014 opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train possible???

MOXOMUMD

Iger puppets:
41RYWHRYBTL.jpg
Staggs.jpg
Okay that's just darn freaky. It looks like one of those scary movie puppets that starts talking on its own then somebody dies.

WDWYankee15

:hilarious: That is what happens when I am force fed fanboi Pixie Dust.

Now if I'm required by fanboi's to sprinkle pixie dust or be labeled hostile lets talk Christmas Candy Canes.

Disney is the Best of the Best in the Candy Cane department.

Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Disney Candy Canes, you're the best

11-25-13-IMG_3236.jpg

Magical. Slurp.
I certainly am not a fanboi. I'm not try to force feed anything either. Perhaps you were talking in general terms about the pixie dust "Iger and his puppets" try to create then I certainly understand. I just am not one to lash out towards fellow posters. Hopefully we can leave it there.

I generally enjoy your insight and posts so hopefully we can just get back to the topic of when this ride will open.

tl77

"Spring 2014" is probably when you can expect an official grand opening date from Disney, so people can book their trips and know that it will definitely be finished and open and not be disappointed. But all the other attractions in New Fantasyland just opened to guests when they were finished. The only "official grand opening" they've had so far was Dec 6th 2012, but there was plenty of things open prior to that.

mikenatcity1

it's come a long way from the time I saw it in September to last week. I was excited to see plants and trees behind the walls and what looked like some of the mountain being prepped for grass :) I'm excited to finally get to ride this ride in the coming months (how ever long that will be)...oh, and be even more happy to finally have down construction walls!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Kind of off topic... but since we are talking about the opening date of SDMT... Can we expect FP+ to be available for the opening date/week? Or will it not be available since it will be so new?

phi2134

Just went back to look at the concept art to see what they are possibly going to do with the top of the hill, and I saw the date they were originally posted. It basically sucked all excitement out of me knowing that those were released back in 2011.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I fear the amount of time it has taken to build this ride has some people (no one particular) thinking it will be absolutely AMAZING. I really hope it is great and not on the level of Goofy's Barnstormer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I fear the amount of time it has taken to build this ride has some people (no one particular) thinking it will be absolutely AMAZING. I really hope it is great and not on the level of Goofy's Barnstormer.

Just from what we can see it's clearly better themed then Barnstormer/Gofini.

dreamfinder

Kind of off topic... but since we are talking about the opening date of SDMT... Can we expect FP+ to be available for the opening date/week? Or will it not be available since it will be so new?

It really depends on their comfort level during the soft openings. I wouldn't count on it though. Much like when they open a new restaurant they typically don't allow ADRs for the first few weeks to let them get it all dialed in.

orky8

The day after US opens WWoHP 2.0 is the day Disney will choose to open 7DTM.

I think you have that reversed. WWoHP is going to eclipse the mine train. Disney isn't going to be lucky to get a few months of having the mine train open before the unfortunate comparisons start being made to Gringotts.

This is not to say I am not excited about the mine train -- visually, it will be a fantastic addition to fantasyland -- but it is not in the same league as Gringotts.

SJN1279

I think you have that reversed. WWoHP is going to eclipse the mine train. Disney isn't going to be lucky to get a few months of having the mine train open before the unfortunate comparisons start being made to Gringotts.

This is not to say I am not excited about the mine train -- visually, it will be a fantastic addition to fantasyland -- but it is not in the same league as Gringotts.

The one thing the Mine Train will have that Gringotts will not is timeless appeal. A family coaster based on a classic story with animatronics and well known music throughout will be a very popular addition to the US's most theme park for generations to come.

On the flip side, human actors age an attraction very quickly, and Gringotts will be relying on second and third tier characters from the Harry Potter film series to carry the ride's storyline. I don't see the ride having the same lasting appeal as the Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
The one thing the Mine Train will have that Gringotts will not is timeless appeal. A family coaster based on a classic story with animatronics and well known music throughout will be a very popular addition to the US's most theme park for generations to come.

On the flip side, human actors age an attraction very quickly, and Gringotts will be relying on second and third tier characters from the Harry Potter film series to carry the ride's storyline. I don't see the ride having the same lasting appeal as the Seven Dwarves Mine Train.
You may be right.
In the short term, however, Gringotts is going to kick seven butts for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom