Is a January 20, 2014 opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train possible???

Sped2424

what if this ride sucks. lol Will this blow up in Disney's face with bad press? Which would be welcomed if you ask me as it would give the incentive to push forward with bigger and better attractions.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
what if this ride sucks. lol Will this blow up in Disney's face with bad press? Which would be welcomed if you ask me as it would give the incentive to push forward with bigger and better attractions.
If you read a lot of the comments around here it already sucks;)

If there is a major problem with the ride causing it to shut down or God forbid some sort of accident after it opens that could make news, short of that why would it even be more than a blip in some local Orlando paper either way.

WDWYankee15

What is the run time for the new coaster?
As-a-tale-so-is-life.jpg

Of course is is better if it is really good AND can last a little bit longer. ;)

Last edited:

DisneyConstruction23

Just a heads up to everyone here....the company I work for is actually part of the construction crew on this job. The reason it has been taking so long is not due to the workers taking their time etc. because we get paid the same regardless if it takes 1 week or 5 years. The problem has been "too many hands in the cookie jar" meaning each step along they way has to be held until another company finishes their portion. Ex. We worked on roof and we were not cleared to start working until other aspects were in place (per Disney's request.) I can say though I have seen what this ride will be and where it currently stands and it will be any day now that the final pieces are in place. We are working to get finished as fast as we can, but just like it was when we worked on Spaceship Earth, things happen and it you have to be prepared for that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just a heads up to everyone here....the company I work for is actually part of the construction crew on this job. The reason it has been taking so long is not due to the workers taking their time etc. because we get paid the same regardless if it takes 1 week or 5 years. The problem has been "too many hands in the cookie jar" meaning each step along they way has to be held until another company finishes their portion. Ex. We worked on roof and we were not cleared to start working until other aspects were in place (per Disney's request.) I can say though I have seen what this ride will be and where it currently stands and it will be any day now that the final pieces are in place. We are working to get finished as fast as we can, but just like it was when we worked on Spaceship Earth, things happen and it you have to be prepared for that.
Welcome. There are some rumblings of a potential issue that could significantly delay the opening. Have you seen or heard anything that could be a show stopper?

DisneyConstruction23

Welcome. There are some rumblings of a potential issue that could significantly delay the opening. Have you seen or heard anything that could be a show stopper?
Yes and no.....a lot of those rumbling have come and gone which is what has taken so long (disney always leaves room for error when it comes to the date of completion) but I am not allowed (at least yet) to speak about anything like that specifically.

Nemo14

You're 24 and worked on Spaceship Earth?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom