Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

Lirael

People have been wondering why have this interim thing for only one month, if the objective for RoL is 4th July. I think it's so that they can start nighttime activities with some form of show to bring guests. And to try and appease somewhat the ones who will -understandably- be ed off that they booked their vacation for RoL and will have nothing to see.

Moreover, even if the objective is July, they've already failed to meet a date before, so it's better to be safe than sorry and have this show happening in case they need to delay RoL again.

asianway

interim

adjective

1. 1.
    in or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary.
    "an interim arrangement"
    synonyms: provisional, temporary, pro tem, stopgap, short-term, fill-in, caretaker,acting, transitional, makeshift, improvised, impromptu
    "an interim advisory body"
I meant to say "temporary". Used in a sentence: The Sorcerer's Hat is a "Temporary" addition to Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park.

Have characters even been injected into something and then taken back out? I dont think theres a very good track record on this.

TP2000

What we do know for sure is that there are technical problems with the floats moving around the lagoon under their own guidance.

Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters was delayed more than three months for that same reason, getting the wireless/trackless vehicles to move around safely, and it's just a 90 second spinner ride in a small area.

I can only imagine the headaches involved with driverless barges in a big lagoon. And they probably weren't designed with cockpits or space for a human inside to drive in the interim, so they have to just continue hashing out the wireless/trackless tech part of the problem.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters was delayed more than three months for that same reason, getting the wireless/trackless vehicles to move around safely, and it's just a 90 second spinner ride in a small area.

I can only imagine the headaches involved with driverless barges in a big lagoon. And they probably weren't designed with cockpits or space for a human inside to drive in the interim, so they have to just continue hashing out the wireless/trackless tech part of the problem.
It isn't just the barges either, they have over a hundred lanterns.

Nubs70

One would also think that the driverless barges would be thoroughly tested and validated a long time before opening

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I meant to say "temporary". Used in a sentence: The Sorcerer's Hat is a "Temporary" addition to Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park.

Have characters even been injected into something and then taken back out? I dont think theres a very good track record on this.
I was just responding to the question.

In response to the new question...

Tiki's added Zazu and Angry Orange Bird and then took them out (with help of a fire).
The soundstage at DHS had 101 Dalmatians at one point and then went to Sounds Dangerous

That's about all...

Sped2424

But your clap backs aren't that great. You came at me for no reason when all I said originally was that I wasn't confident if my parents would get to see Rivers of Light when they came in August. Not once did I try and make the claim the show couldn't or wouldn't be opening then, you made that assumption :)
Lol honey me clapping back with truth and reality vs your second grade shade and you whining when others tell you to sit down are part of what make you so exhausting. And you didn't make an assumption you said and I quote "I'm bummed my parents won't see it in August" to which I asked a simple question where did the fall date come from? And then came your usual tiring routine.

asianway

I was just responding to the question.

In response to the new question...

Tiki's added Zazu and Angry Orange Bird and then took them out (with help of a fire).
The soundstage at DHS had 101 Dalmatians at one point and then went to Sounds Dangerous

That's about all...
Sure you didn't mean "fire"?

Forgot about 101, so long ago

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Sure you didn't mean "fire"?

Forgot about 101, so long ago
I did indeed say "fire"

And I forgot about 101 immediately after seeing it -- that's how memorable it was. Sadly, Sounds Dangerous was no better. The only worthwhile things in that theater since the Monster Sound Show moved out were Carbon Freeze-Me and the Comedy Warehouse Xmas Show.

Ron Swanson

But your clap backs aren't that great. You came at me for no reason when all I said originally was that I wasn't confident if my parents would get to see Rivers of Light when they came in August. Not once did I try and make the claim the show couldn't or wouldn't be opening then, you made that assumption :)
You did say it wouldnt start in August Mam. I'm not one for bickering but it is something I see you do in almost every thread you are apart of. Perhaps being kinder could keep things on track discussion wise.

DABIGCHEEZ

A lot of the people complaining about an interim show would be baying for blood if WDW did nothing. I'd certainly rather they took the time to do it properly rather than rushing something out the door! Exactly th same way I feel about delayed video games/ movies etc.

...like a Jungle Book interim show right?

bethymouse

I'm just bummed that our vacation is June 2-8, and not only will I be missing ROL, but also Frozen and Soarin! Perhaps "soft" openings.:(

DisneyDrum

It isn't just the barges either, they have over a hundred lanterns.

Although we haven't heard about them for a while, and they haven't shown up on the testing photos. If they're having trouble controlling the large barges, I can't imaging controlling that many individual lanterns. While the effect would be very cool, I think the individual lanterns might not see the light of day.

TTA94

Although we haven't heard about them for a while, and they haven't shown up on the testing photos. If they're having trouble controlling the large barges, I can't imaging controlling that many individual lanterns. While the effect would be very cool, I think the individual lanterns might not see the light of day.

That's concerns me to.

DimpledDevil18

Hoping that ROL will be up and ready to go by the end of August for my trip. If nothing else I'm looking forward to the night safari and enjoying some of the other attractions at night. We will see how it goes.

No Name

Exactly. The real show will come.

They just need a filler for this years summer promotion instead of leaving a huge empty hole. And to salvage a bit of pride.

But what if this Jungle Book show is extremely well recieved? I hope they say, "okay, now lets open the show we built this whole thing for." But I have a feeling it'll go more like "okay, wow, people love this Jungle Book show. Lets add some of it to RoL!" There is no guarantee RoL will open in its original form.

I'm not opposed to this "interim" show, I just hope it leaves when it's supposed to, and that RoL then opens in its original form. WDW has a pretty bad track record with "temporary" things. That hat in DHS only stayed up for how many years? And that wand? And I understand that the Year of a Million Dreams lasted one year as planned, not more than two years, right?

I also wouldn't mind if they decided to run both shows. Maybe 2 RoL performances and 1 performance of this each night. And I don't believe RoL will open in July but nobody knows when it'll open, or if the full thing will ever really open.

And I am nervous as to the quality of the Interim show, especially condiering that it's a last minute thing. Those are my thoughts and concerns for now. I'm concerned, that's for sure. RoL looks great from the video, but there is so much that Disney could do to screw up...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom