Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

oceanbreeze77

Where does this fall date keep coming from? ROL based off every conversation I have had with anyone close to the project is aiming for July.
I think Its the idea that disney is opening this on memorial day weekend. Why would they put time, energy, and most importantly MONEY into something that was only going to go on for a month when they could just leave the ROL delay ongoing.

CaptainAmerica

I think Its the idea that disney is opening this on memorial day weekend. Why would they put time, energy, and most importantly MONEY into something that was only going to go on for a month when they could just leave the ROL delay ongoing.
Using that logic, wouldn't Disney just leave the theater vacant until the show is ready regardless? Certainly cheaper that way.

Could it be, possibly, that Disney actually cares about the guest experience?

raw

I know that such a notion is sacrilegious around these parts of the Interwebz.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Exactly. The real show will come.

They just need a filler for this years summer promotion instead of leaving a huge empty hole. And to salvage a bit of pride.

Scrap that bad boy off the floor, dust it off and hold your head up high, Disney.

On one hand I'm glad they're doing something; on the other hand, how absolutely embarrassing this must be for them (them being the ones who actually care) and I'm sure dignities have been dinged by how it's unfolding.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
From the sources I've heard, ROL was not received well by executives and they needed to revamp some things, hence the delayed opening.
I'm not yet sure to what level there are creative issues. I can imagine there may be some doubts among some in leadership.

What we do know for sure is that there are technical problems with the floats moving around the lagoon under their own guidance.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Summer crowd season for ops is something different than a calender season.
If we are talking about when a particular attraction will open, which I thought we were, then if Disney says summer 2016, it can open all the way to Sept. 21st, and still be open in "summer". That has nothing to do with ops for crowd season.

Sped2424

If we are talking about when a particular attraction will open, which I thought we were, then if Disney says summer 2016, it can open all the way to Sept. 21st, and still be open in "summer". That has nothing to do with ops for crowd season.
Disney said the j book show shall be open through the summer yes? If ROL is targeted for July 4th than that statement still meets the truth. I know we are all wanting to spin that this project isn't coming till December but for now that is no the goal/case.

CaptainAmerica

Disney said the j book show shall be open through the summer yes? If ROL is targeted for July 4th than that statement still meets the truth. I know we are all wanting to spin that this project isn't coming till December but for now that is no the goal/case.
Through the summer means until the end of the summer, not some date in the middle of the summer.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ahh, I thought you were speaking of the RoL opening date being in late May or early June. I don't for a second believe that it will not open until December like some of the naysayers here. I have no problem with a delay to make the show work the way they want.

Sped2424

Ahh, I thought you were speaking of the RoL opening date being in late May or early June. I don't for a second believe that it will not open until December like some of the naysayers here. I have no problem with a delay to make the show work the way they want.
The show is targeted right now among the crew on it for July 4th. They are trying to meet that date and hopefully will. If any new problems come that compromise that I'll let you al know. But for now that is the plan.

Sped2424

Through the summer means until the end of the summer, not some date in the middle of the summer.
Ah just like this show was always planned to premiere. For now dates with this interim show I feel are not set in stone despite a parks blog post. Who knows they may keep it as a pre show when all is said and done but rest assured about ROL's target date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom